AFFIN ISLAMIC Bank offers a Shariah-based payment card, the AFFIN ISLAMIC Visa Debit Card. You can use the card to access funds in your AFFIN ISLAMIC Savings Account-i/Current Account-i. You don’t have to look for an ATM every time you purchase something. Pay directly with the card at your merchant’s point of sale.
List of AFFIN ISLAMIC Bank Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefits||Annual Fee||Daily Withdrawal Limit|
|AFFIN ISLAMIC Visa Debit Card||Pay faster with the Contactless feature.||Waived for the first year. Subsequent Years: RM12; RM8 for Basic Savings Account-i and Basic Current Account-i.||Default: RM3,000. Maximum: RM5,000.|
Types of AFFIN ISLAMIC Bank Debit Cards
- AFFIN ISLAMIC Visa Debit Card: The card lets you transact conveniently as you can connect one card to up to 8 different AFFIN ISLAMIC deposit accounts. You can also set instructions to pre-authorise your transactions when you pay at certain merchants, such as for petrol and hotel accommodation.
Benefits of AFFIN ISLAMIC Bank Debit Cards
- Speed up your payments at retail outlets with the contactless technology built into the card.
- Pay for your online purchases conveniently with the 3D Secure Online Shopping feature.
- Get recognized worldwide via the vast network of Visa.
- Enjoy the convenience of paying with a card anywhere any time.
AFFIN ISLAMIC Bank Debit Card Fees & Charges
|Card Replacement Fee||Replacement due to loss/theft of the card—RM12. Replacement due to technical defect or fraud transaction—Exempted.|
|Withdrawal Fee via AFFIN/AFFIN Islamic Bank ATM||None.|
|Withdrawal Fee via Other Bank ATM||Local MEPS Member Bank ATM—RM1 per transaction. Local Foreign Bank ATMs via MEPS Network—RM4 per transaction. Cross-border MEPS Member Bank—RM12 per transaction. Visa Network—RM12 per transaction.|
|Interbank Fund Transfer via ATM||GIRO Transaction via MyClear Network—RM0.10 per transaction. Instant Transfer via MEPS Network—RM0.50 per transaction.|
|Cheque Book Request via ATM||Stamp Duty—RM2.25. Postage Charge—RM5.|
- 18 years or more.
- Minor Applicants—12 years to 17 years.
- Joint Account Holders: Only with “either-to-sign” instruction.
Customer Care Information
- Contact the Call Centre at 03-8230 2222 to report the loss/theft of your card.
The AFFIN ISLAMIC Visa Debit Card helps you make hassle-free payments as compared to handling cash. The usage of the card stands valid only when you make payments to halal merchants. Transactions such as alcohol purchase, gambling, government-owned lottery, schools, and dating services are considered invalid.
Q. What is the daily purchase limit on the card?
A. The daily purchase limit is set to RM5,000.
Q. Is it possible to modify the daily purchase limit?
A. Yes. You can request the bank to modify the daily purchase limit. You can set the limit from RM1,000 to RM10,000 as per your convenience.
Q. Can I link my debit card with multiple deposit accounts?
A. Yes. The bank allows you to link the card with a maximum of 8 AFFIN ISLAMIC deposit accounts i.e. Savings Account-i and Current Account-i.
Q. Can I get a supplementary card?
A. No. Supplementary cards are not offered for an AFFIN ISLAMIC Visa Debit Card.
Q. What should I do if I don’t want the contactless functionality?
A. You can visit the bank and request to turn off the contactless functionality.