Alliance Bank Credit Card
Alliance Bank is among the leading banking institutes in Malaysia that enjoys a strong consumer base. The banking products it has on offer are not only comprehensive but innovative as well providing a high degree of utility for the customer. Alliance bank caters to corporate and consumer banking with the consumer banking arm of the bank offering products such as loans, overdraft facilities, insurance policies, credit cards etc. The credit cards offered by Alliance Bank are a popular product and cater to different requirements of the customers.
Why Choose Alliance Bank Credit Card?
Alliance Bank has a wide range of credit cards on offer to suit the various needs of its large consumer base. The cards come with interest rates starting as low as 15% p.a. provided the cardholder maintains a good payment record. Cardholders can make use of the balance transfer plan that allows them to transfer their previous outstanding dues on other bank credit cards onto their Alliance Bank credit cards. The cards come loaded with various features and benefits that aim to let cardholders get the most out of their purchases. Cardholders are awarded reward points that can be redeemed for a range of exciting gifts. Cardholders can get travel related perks as well such as airport lounge access passes. Cardholders can also convert their big ticket purchases to affordable monthly instalments.
Features and benefits of Alliance Bank Credit Cards
The following are the various features and benefits of Alliance Bank Credit Cards:
- Cardholders can make use of a contactless feature on the card which allows them to carry out transactions under RM250 without the need for swiping the card or entering the PIN. Cardholders simply need to tap their card against contactless card terminals and enjoy their purchases.
- Cardholders can enjoy a 20 days interest-free period on the card.
- The cardholder can make larger retail purchases with ease using the Flexible Payment Plan. Transactions that amount to over RM500 in a single receipt can be converted into affordable monthly payments with varying tenures for added flexibility.
- Cardholders can also get access to promotional offers that are made available on a periodic basis.
- Cards earn reward points for every expense charged to it both locally and overseas. These points can be redeemed for a variety of gifts and vouchers. Eligible cards will also allow cardholders to convert points earned into air miles.
- Certain Alliance Bank credit cards also offer the cardholder the chance to save on every expense by awarding them cashback.
- The annual fee of the cards can be waived provided the cardholder meets certain criteria such as a minimum spend of RM5,000 charged to the card in a year or a minimum number of 12 transactions carried out on the card in a year. The criteria varies from card to card.
- You also get to enjoy privileges like complimentary access passes to airport lounges and a dedicated concierge service to assist cardholders in booking flights or hotel accommodations.
- Cardholders can also enjoy a complimentary travel insurance policy with a high cover when they purchase the entire airfare to the card.
Types of Credit Cards offered by Alliance Bank
The following are the various types of credit cards offered by Alliance Bank:
Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Card: This card earns reward points in the form of Timeless Bonus Points or TBPs. These TBPs are awarded on every expense charged to the card. The card earns 5X TBPs on overseas expenses incurred and 2X TBPs on local spend charged to the card. The TBPs can be redeemed Enrich Miles that can be used to fly for free or upgrade existing air tickets based on the number of miles accrued. 6,000 TBPs gives the cardholder 1,000 Enrich Miles. The TBPs can also be redeemed for AirAsia BIG Points at the rate of 3,000 TBPs for 1,000 BIG Points. The card also offers unlimited access to 850 airport lounges across the globe through the Priority Pass membership. The card also offers a complimentary travel insurance with a cover of up to RM2 million when used solely to purchase air tickets.
Alliance Bank Platinum Card: The Alliance Bank Platinum card offers cardholders exclusive privileges and gives them a chance to earn TBPs at a high rate. The card earns 3X TBPs on every RM1 charged to the card overseas. For expenses such as petrol, utility bills, or groceries charged to the card, the card earns 2X TBPs for every RM1 charged and also earns 1X TBPs on every RM1 for all other local retail expenses charged to the card. The annual fee of the card can be waived when the cardholder makes a minimum of 12 transactions on the card in a year or charges a minimum of RM5,000 to the card in a year. TBPs earned can be redeemed for Enrich Miles or AirAsia BIG Points. Cardholders can also enjoy a 0% Instalment Pay Plan on purchases made at participating merchant outlets and an unlimited access to the KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge among other exclusive perks and benefits.
Alliance Bank Gold Card: The alliance Bank Gold card comes with global recognition and makes for an ideal travel companion. The card also earns TBPs on every expense charged to it. The card earns TBPs at the rate of 2X TBPs for every RM1 charged overseas, 2X TBPs for utility bills, and 1X TBPs on any other local retail expense charged to the card. The TBPs earned can be redeemed for Enrich Miles at the rate of 6,000 TBPs for 1,000 Enrich Miles and 3,000 TBPs for 1,000 AirAsia BIG Points. The Enrich Miles or BIG Points can be used to purchase air tickets or upgrade tickets. Cardholders can make larger retail purchases using the 0% Instalment Pay Plan that converts purchases into smaller, affordable instalments. Cardholders can also enjoy a lost card liability waiver where they will not be held liable for any charges made on a lost or stolen card provided they have reported the loss or theft of the card to the bank on time.
Alliance Bank Classic Card: The card offers the benefits of an exclusive card with the convenience of an everyday card. The card offers TBPs on every expense charged to it. For every RM1 charged to the card, it earns 1X TBP. These TBPs have no expiry date and can be accumulated and redeemed for a range of exciting gifts. The TBPs can also be redeemed for air miles such as Enrich Miles or AirAsia BIG Points. The rate of redemption is 6,000 TBPs for 1,000 Enrich Miles or 3,000 TBPs for 1,000 AirAsia BIG Points. The cardholder can also enjoy a zero liability on lost cards when they report the incident to the bank promptly. Cardholders can also enjoy a customer service hotline assistance. The card is also widely accepted across the globe. The annual fee of the card can also be waived when a minimum of RM5,000 is charged to the card in a year.
Alliance Bank You:nique Card: The card comes with an annual fee waiver for the first 3 years of owning the card. The cardholder can enjoy cash rebates of up to 3% on any retail purchase charged to the card. The rebates offered depend on the monthly expense charged to the card. Expenses between RM2,001 to RM3,000 earn a 3% rebate whereas anything below RM1,000 charged to the card earns a rebate of 0.5%. The interest rate offered on this card is also among the lowest available in Malaysia with rates starting at 9% p.a. provided the cardholder maintains a good payment record. The card also earns 2X TBPs for every RM1 charged to the card. The card also comes with value added perks such as a Flexible Payment Plan and the ability to customise the face of the card with a photo from the You:nique library or any photo the cardholder chooses.
Alliance Bank Chinese Independent School (CIS) Card: This co-brand credit card is the first of its kind and allows cardholders to pledge a portion of their TBPs to a CIS fund or foundation of their choice. The card earns TBPs with every expense charged at the rate of 1 TBP for every RM1 charged to it. Cardholders can either choose to donate up to 50% of their TBPs or even 100% of the TBPs earned. The card comes with an annual fee waiver when the cardholder charges a minimum of RM5,000 to the card in a single year. It also offers a 20-day interest free period and provides a 24-hour customer service hotline. Cardholders can also enjoy other perks and privileges such as a cash withdrawal of up to 100% of their credit limit and acceptance of the card across the globe.
Alliance Bank CPA Australia Card: The card comes with an annual fee waiver for life on both principal and supplementary cards. Those cardholders who wish to write their CPA exam can pay the fees with this card and enjoy an Instalment payment Plan on the transaction amount at 0% interest. The card also earns TBPs on every expense charged to it. These can be redeemed for exciting gifts and can be converted into Enrich Miles or AirAsia BIG Points. The cardholder can enjoy zero liability on a lost or stolen credit card provided they report it on time. Cardholders can also enjoy worldwide recognition and get assistance 24-hours a day through the Customer service hotline. The card also offers periodic deals and discounts at select merchant outlets.
Alliance Bank Allianz Insurance Card: This card has been designed exclusively for employees and agents of Allianz General Insurance Company. The cardholders can get a cash rebate of 1.2% on all expenses incurred on AGIC. The card comes with a lifetime annual fee waiver for both, principal and supplementary cards. The card is widely accepted across the globe. Cardholders can enjoy a zero liability feature on the card wherein if their card is lost or stolen and the incident is reported to the bank on time, then the cardholder will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions carried out on the lost/stolen card. The card also comes with other value-added features such as a 20 days interest-free period and a cash withdrawal limit equal to 00% of the assigned credit limit.
Alliance Bank Visa Basic Card: The Alliance Bank Visa Basic card is a no-frills card that gives cardholders the basic amenities required to carry out transactions on a daily basis. The annual fee of the card can be waived either when the cardholder charges a minimum of RM5,000 to the card in a year or when they carry out a minimum of 12 transactions on the card in a 12-month period. Cardholders can also make larger retail purchases using the 0% Instalment Payment Plan that converts the purchase into smaller, more affordable monthly instalments. The Instalment Payment Plan is applicable at select merchant outlets. The cardholder can also access the 24-hour customer service hotline in case they need any assistance with the card and also enjoy special deals and discounts at select merchant outlets on a periodic basis.
Eligibility Criteria to avail Alliance Bank Credit Card
If you wish to get an Alliance Bank Credit Card, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The minimum age requirement for a principal credit card is 21 years.
- The minimum age requirement for a supplementary credit card is 18 years.
- The minimum annual requirement will be as follows:
- Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Card – RM150,000.
- Alliance Bank Platinum Card – RM60,000
- Alliance Bank Gold Card - RM24,000
- Alliance Bank Classic Card - RM24,000
- Alliance Bank You:nique Card - RM24,000
- Alliance Bank Chinese Independent School (CIS) Card – RM24,000
- Alliance Bank CPA Australia Card – RM24,000
- Alliance Bank Allianz Insurance Card – RM24,000
- Alliance Bank Visa Basic Card – RM24,000
Documents Requirements to apply for Alliance Bank Credit Cards
You are required to submit the following documents along with the duly filled application form:
- A copy of the most recent 3 months’ salary slip.
- A copy of the applicant’s NRIC, both front and back.
- A copy of the latest EA form.
- A copy of their most recent EPF statement.
- A copy of the applicant’s latest Borang BE along with the official tax receipt.
- Self-employed applicant:
- The applicant’s most recent 6 months bank statement.
- A copy of the applicant’s NRIC, both front and back.
- A copy of their Business Registration Form & Form D or Form 24, 49, 9.
- A copy of the most recent 3 months EPF statement.
- A copy of the tax Return Form with Tax Receipt.
Alliance Bank Credit Card Promotions
Alliance Bank, being one of the leading banks in the country, offer a wide range of banking products and financial solutions. The bank has a range of different credit cards that cater to customers from different walks of life. Credit cards can earn reward points, miles and some even earn cash rebates on specific expenses. These cards may have varying features and benefits but they do have one thing in common. Alliance Bank credit cards provide cardholders with promotional offers on a periodic basis.
These offers can range from payment plans such as a Flexi Payment Plan with a 0% fee campaign to being able to earn Enrich Miles at an additional/bonus rate. Offers can even allow cardholders to enjoy value added features such as a balance transfer plan on their new credit card at a 0% interest rate.
Alliance Bank Balance Transfer
Cardholders can transfer the balance from another bank credit card onto their Alliance Bank Credit Card with just one click. Cardholders can transfer balances starting from a minimum of RM1,000. The cardholders can choose from 3 tenures which are a 12-month plan, a 18-month plan, and a 24-month plan. For every RM10,000 transferred using this plan, the cardholder will earn 500 TBPs as well. The effective interest rates of the plan are 12.66% p.a. for 12 months tenure, 11.08% p.a. for 18 months tenure, and 14.66% p.a. for the 24 months tenure.
Even if the cardholder decides to exit the balance transfer plan at any time during the tenure, they will not be charged any exit fee. However, the remainder of the balance unpaid will become immediately due and will attract the normal interest rate of 18% p.a.
Fees and Charges
The following are the fees and charges applicable to the credit cards:
|Annual fees – Principal cards
Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Card – RM848
Alliance Bank Platinum Card – RM464.28
Alliance Bank Gold Card – RM156.88
Alliance Bank Classic Card – RM72.08
Alliance Bank You:nique Card – RM156.88
Alliance Bank Chinese Independent School (CIS) Card – RM156.88
Alliance Bank CPA Australia Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Allianz Insurance Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Visa Basic Card – RM21.20
|Annual fees – Supplementary cards
Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Platinum Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Gold Card – RM31.80
Alliance Bank Classic Card – RM21.20
Alliance Bank You:nique Card – RM31.80
Alliance Bank Chinese Independent School (CIS) Card – RM31.80
Alliance Bank CPA Australia Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Allianz Insurance Card – No Fee
Alliance Bank Visa Basic Card – RM10.60
|Finance charge on retail transactions
||15% p.a. – 18% p.a.
|Finance charge on cash advance
|Cash advance fee
||RM15.90 or 5.30% of the amount advanced, whichever is higher.
|Cash Withdrawal limit
||80% of credit limit.
|Late payment charge
||RM10 or 1% of the amount due, whichever is higher subject to a maximum of RM100
|Minimum monthly repayment
||RM50 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher.
|Additional statement fee
||RM5.30 per copy
|Sales draft retrieval fee
||For basic: RM5.30 per copy
For others: RM21.20 per copy
||RM10 as Stamping fee
|Card replacement fee
||RM15 for Visa Basic
RM50 for others
|Balance transfer exit fee
|Conversion for overseas transaction
||Transactions are converted into Malaysian Ringgit using exchange rate determined by Visa/MasterCard and inclusive of 1% foreign exchange conversion spread charged by Alliance Bank.
How to apply for an Alliance Bank Credit Card?
You can apply for an Alliance Bank Credit Card through the following ways:
- Online: Cardholders can find and download the application form online from the Alliance Bank website and submit it through mail. Cardholders can also submit the application form at the nearest Alliance Bank Branch. Cardholders must also provide all the required additional documents as well at the time of submission.
- Branch: Cardholders can visit the closest Alliance Bank Branch and apply for the credit card. Cardholders will be met by a Bank Representative who will take them through the application process.
- Cardholders can also provide the bank with their contact details online when they click on the ‘apply now’ option on the alliance Bank website and a bank representative will get in touch with them.
How to increase Alliance Bank Credit Card limit?
Cardholders are given a credit limit on their card based on their annual income. If their annual salary has increased, they can apply for a credit limit increase as well. Cardholders have the option of either temporarily increasing their credit limit or can have the limit permanently increased.
Cardholders will find the credit limit increase application form online on the bank website. Cardholders are required to download and complete this form and submit it along with the following supporting documents:
- Salaried applicant:
- Most recent 3 months’ salary slip.
- Copy of NRIC, both front and back.
- Copy of the latest EA form.
- Copy of their most recent EPF statement.
- Copy of latest Borang BE along with the official tax receipt.
- Self-employed applicant:
- Most recent 6 months bank statement.
- Copy of the applicant’s NRIC, both front and back.
- Copy of their Business Registration Form & Form D or Form 24, 49, 9.
- Copy of the most recent 3 months EPF statement.
- Copy of the tax Return Form with Tax Receipt.
Alliance Bank Credit Card Customer Care / Hotline Number
The customer hot line numbers for Alliance Bank are as follows:
- By Phone: 03-5516-9988
- By Fax: 03-5621-5624
The lines for general enquiries are open from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. whereas for essential services such as emergency assistance or reporting of a lost card, the lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Alliance Bank Credit Card FAQs
Q. Can the Alliance Bank Credit Card be used to make cash withdrawals overseas?
A. Yes, cardholders can use their Alliance Bank Credit Card to make cash withdrawals overseas as the card is globally accepted. Cash withdrawals will however carry certain charges such as a cash advance fee and a higher rate of interest of 18% p.a. is charged on all cash withdrawals
Q. On what purchases can I earn Rewards Points?
A. Cardholders can earn TBPs on retail purchases such as offline or online shopping, travel booking expenses such as flight tickets or hotel accommodations, groceries, etc. Cardholders will however not earn TBPs when they use the card for petrol expenses or for any transaction with a government agency.
Q. How long is the interest-free period for retail purchases?
A. Cardholders will a get 20-day interest-free period for all retail purchases made using the card.
Q. What is the minimum amount required to transfer on a balance transfer plan?
A. The minimum amount that can be transferred using a balance transfer plan is RM1,000. The maximum amount of outstanding balance that can be transferred to the Alliance Bank card is dependent on the credit limit given to the cardholder.
Q. What is the minimum income required to open an Alliance Bank Credit Card?
A. The minimum income required to open an Alliance Bank Credit Card is RM24,000 on a yearly basis.