AmBank offers debit cards that provide dual functions:of an ATM card and a payment card. The cards enable you to transfer your money and pay your bills in a hassle-free manner across the globe.
List of AmBank Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|AmBank Debit MasterCard||Contactless purchase facility||RM8.48 (second year onwards)||As per the bank’s discretion|
|TRUE by AmBank Debit MasterCard||Contactless purchase facility||RM10.60 (second year onwards)||Purchase limit = RM10,000 (above 18 years old) and RM5,000 (below 18 years old)|
Types of AmBank Debit Cards
AmBank Debit MasterCard: The card offers you easy cash access facility as well as worldwide acceptance. The debit card also comes with an annual fee waiver for the first year.
TRUE by AmBank Debit MasterCard: This is a debit card that gives you an annual fee waiver facility for the first year. You can also pay for goods and services and enjoy the ability to carry out contactless payments.
Features and Benefits of AmBank Debit Card
- The debit cards come with an annual fee waiver facility for the first year. For the subsequent years, you will have to pay the assigned annual fees.
- Both the cards come with worldwide acceptance.
- The cards come with 3D Secure protection facility to safeguard your online purchases.
- You can link your cards to any AmBank current or savings account of your choice.
- The cards come with a Contactless Purchase feature also known as MasterCard PayPass or MyDebit contactless where only a PIN is used to mark your purchases instead of your signature.
- The TRUE Debit MasterCard comes with a free facility of receiving online statement where a TRUE Transact Account and TRUE Savers Account statements will be consolidated in one statement and delivered to you.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
- Nationality criterion: Malaysian and non-Malaysian citizens.
- Age criterion: Minimum 12 years old (Indemnity letter is compulsory from a parent or a guardian for an applicant between 12 to 18 years of age).
- You need to be a current or savings account holder with AmBank.
- A copy of MyKad or Army/Navy/Police identity card (as applicable).
- MyKid or birth certificate (applicable only for Trustee Accounts).
- Valid passport (for non-Malaysian citizens).
- You need to make a minimum initial deposit of RM20 to open an account.
AmBank Debit Card Fee and Charges
|Fees and Charges||AmBank Debit MasterCard||TRUE by AmBank Debit MasterCard|
|Annual Fee||RM8.48 for second year onwards||RM10.60 for second year onwards|
|Card Issuance Fee||RM12.72 for each card||RM10.60 for each card|
|Card Replacement Fee due to theft, loss, damage, or forgotten PIN||RM12||RM12|
|Cash Withdrawal Fees||AmBank ATMS/branches = Free MPSE Network: Local banks = RM1.06 per withdrawal International banks = RM4.24 per withdrawal||AmBank ATMS/branches = Free MPSE Network: Local banks = RM1.06 per withdrawal International banks = RM4.24 per withdrawal|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||As determined by MasterCard International||As determined by MasterCard International|
AmBank Debit Card Hotline/Customer Care Number
If you have any queries or requests regarding the debit cards, you can contact the customer care department of the bank at hotline numbers: 1300 80 8888s (for domestic) and +603 2178 8888 (for overseas).
Difference between AmBank Debit Card and AmBank ATM Card
- Through AmBank ATM card, you can access cash money from any national ATM outlets that are associated with the card.
- With AmBank Debit MasterCard, you can access cash money through national as well as international ATM branches. You can also purchase goods and services irrespective of the location through your AmBank Debit Card.
Q. How can I apply for an AmBank Debit MasterCard?
A. You Have to visit your nearest AmBank branch and open a current or savings account. On opening the account, you will get the debit card instantly.
Q. What action should I take if my card is stolen?
A. You are requested to contact the Customer Care Centre immediately on 1300 80 8888 (domestic) or +603 2178 8888 (overseas) and report the loss/theft. You are advised to block the stolen card by requesting the representatives. After that, you can access a new card on visiting the bank for which you need to pay the replacement fee of RM12.
Q. What is the criteria to apply for TRUE by AmBank Debit MasterCard online?
A. To apply for the TRUE Debit MasterCard online, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Your minimum age should be 18 years old.
- Only Malaysian and permanent residents of Malaysia can apply for a debit card by providing valid identity proof.
- You need to have a valid correspondence address, email ID, and a registered mobile number.
Q. What is the initial deposit that I need to make to have an AmBank Debit Card?
A. You need to pay RM20 as an initial deposit while signing up for the card. The amount will be deducted from your savings/current account with the bank.
Q. Can I cancel/disable the Contactless Purchase feature that comes with the card? How can I do that?
A. You can disable the feature if you do not intend to use it. You can visit the nearest AmBank branch or call the contact centre representatives on +603 2178 8888 to discontinue the feature.