AmBank Malaysia offers a wide range of personal loans at attractive interest rates to customers. AmBank is one of the largest banks in Malaysia with services ranging from investment banking to asset management to credit cards and so on. AmBank was founded in the year 1975 and was known as the Arab-Malaysian Development Bank. The AmGroup has its headquarters at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and runs different business verticals under the brands AmInvest, AmIslamic Bank, AmMetLife etc.
You’re probably eligible for an Ambank Personal Loan if you are
At least 21 years old
Less than 60 years old
Salaried or self-employed
with regular income
Earn more than the minimum
Your AmBank Personal Loan amount eligibility is based on these factors
Minimum income required
Maximum allowed personal loan is RM 100000
Installments of other loans lower
Increase your eligible AmBank Personal Loan amount by these steps
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 8 years
Documentation needed to apply for an AmBank Personal Loan
- 1. Application Form
- 2. NRIC / Identity Card
- 3. Copy of Individual Title Deed
- 4. Property Valuation Report (for completed properties)
- 5. Latest 3 consecutive months of salary slips / vouchers
AmBank Personal Loan Interest RatesUpdated on 24 Apr 2017
|Interest Rate (Flat)||8.00% to 11.99%|
|Minimum Income||RM 2000||Processing Fees||Nil|
|Loan Tenure||1 year to 8 years|
|Guarantor Requirement||No guarantor required|
Types of AmBank Personal Loans
- AmMoneyLine Facility – i
- Personal Financing – i (financing under Bai' Inah)
- Personal Financing – i (financing under Biro Perkhidmatan Angkasa)
AmMoneyLine and AmMoneyLine Facility - i
- Loan amount – Apply for a loan amount of up to 5X your fixed income between RM2,000 and RM100,000.
- Loan Tenure – Flexible loan tenures starting from 12 months and up to 96 months (1 year – 8 years).
- Interest Rate – Annual interest rate starting from 8% p.a. to 11.99% p.a.
- Quick approval – Quick loan approval within 48 hours of applying.
- No collateral or guarantor requirement.
- No processing fee charged.
- AmMoneyLine Facility – i – Get a rebate of 5% on yearly profits you pay for the prompt paymaster.
Interest rates applicable on AmMoneyLine and AmMoneyLine Facility – i
|Effective Interest Rate (EIR)|
|Interest Rates||Loan Tenure|
|24 months||36 months||48 months||60 months||72 months||84 months||96 months|
|8% p.a.||14.68% p.a.||14.55% p.a.||14.35% p.a.||14.13% p.a.||13.91% p.a.||13.69% p.a.||13.49% p.a.|
|8.50% p.a.||15.55% p.a.||15.40% p.a.||15.17% p.a.||14.92% p.a.||14.68% p.a.||14.45% p.a.||14.23% p.a.|
|9% p.a.||16.43% p.a.||16.24% p.a.||15.99% p.a.||15.71% p.a.||15.45% p.a.||15.19% p.a.||14.95% p.a.|
|9.5% p.a.||17.29% p.a.||17.08% p.a.||16.80% p.a.||16.50% p.a.||16.21% p.a.||15.93% p.a.||14.95% p.a.|
|10% p.a.||18.16% p.a.||17.92% p.a.||17.60% p.a.||17.27% p.a.||16.96% p.a.||16.66% p.a.||16.38% p.a.|
|11.99% p.a.||21.55% p.a.||21.18% p.a.||20.74% p.a.||20.30% p.a.||20.88% p.a.||19.48% p.a.||19.12% p.a.|
Personal Financing – i (financing under Bai' Inah)
This personal financing product complies fully with the Shariah requirements and offers the following benefits:
- No advanced instalments requirement.
- No collateral requirement.
- No guarantor requirement.
- Earn rebates on early settlement.
- Takaful coverage available for this loan.
Personal Financing – i (financing under Biro Perkhidmatan Angkasa)
This financing option is only applicable to employees of select government and private linked companies at the following rates:
- Profit rates start at 4.30% p.a. for Biro Perkhidmatan Angkasa (BPA).
- Profit rates start at 6.90% p.a. for private sector.
- Loan amount – Loan amount up to RM150,000 available for this personal loan.
Eligibility Criteria for Personal Financing – i
The following applicants are eligible to apply for AmBank Personal Financing – i:
- Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply for this personal loan.
- Age criteria:
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Maximum age: depending on the retirement age when the personal financing matures.
- Income criterion – Gross monthly salary of more than RM3,000.
The following documents must be submitted to apply for AmBank Personal Financing – i:
- 2 copies of your Identity Card.
- 1 most recent salary slip + 1 salary slip certified by the HOD or Head of Department.
- 1 copy of the AmBank Islamic current account or savings passbook statement. The first page of the account/statement is required that can verify your account name and account number.
- 1 copy of your EPF statement (Employees Provident Fund).
How to Apply for AmBank Personal Loan
You can apply for an AmBank personal loan online on the bank’s official website. On the website, navigate to the “Loans and Financing” webpage. Select the “Apply Now” option available for the personal loan that you wish to apply for. Fill out the online form with the requested information and a sales representative from the bank will then contact you to take the application process forward.
AmBank Personal Loan FAQs
Q. Is there a late payment penalty on AmBank AmMoneyLine?
Yes. You will be charged 1% p.a. on your outstanding instalment as a late payment charge if you do not make the instalment payment by your payment due date for the AmBank AmMoneyLine personal loan.
Q. What is the early settlement fee that I need to pay if I want to settle my AmBank AmMoneyLine Facility – i before the maturity period?
There no early settlement fee imposed for settling your AmBank AmMoneyLine Facility – i before the maturity period. However, you must inform the bank in writing, a minimum of 1 month in advance before you settle your personal loan. You can inform any AmBank branch or AmBank Islamic branch to initiate the process for early settlement.
Q. How do I check if my company is listed for Ambank Personal Financing – i?
The list of government and private companies that are offered Personal Financing – i loan is available on AmBank’s website. Simply navigate to the “Loans and Financing” webpage on the website and a link is provided to the list of companies eligible for this loan under “Personal Financing – i”.
Other Products Offered by AmBank:
Apart from offering personal loan, AmBank offers other products and services which includes: