Bank Muamalat Debit Card-i links to your Current Account or Savings Account (CASA) and works on the concept of Tawarruq.
Features & Benefits of Bank Muamalat Debit Card-i
The features and benefits of Bank Muamalat Debit Card-i are:
- The card operates based on Shariah concept of Tawarruq.
- The card is open to both Muslims and non-Muslim Malaysian Citizens alike.
- The card allows for daily transaction limits to be set giving you a greater control of your finances.
- Cash withdrawals have a maximum limit of RM10,000 per day.
- The cash withdrawal limit per transaction is set to RM1,500.
- The card has a validity period of 5 years.
- The card comes with global acceptance and can be used overseas for withdrawals or transactions.
Bank Muamalat Debit Card-i Promotions 2018
Bank Muamalat has offered the following promotions for its customers in 2018:
Card Promotion – HADRAMAWT: You can dine at Hadramawt with 15% off on your total bill. The offer is valid until 1 March 2018. The offer is applicable to the bill on food and beverages and must be paid through Bank Muamalat debit card only. 10% service charge and 6% goods and services tax are levied on the price. This promotion cannot be used together with any other offer or privilege. You can visit the outlets at:
- Hadramawt, Jalan Ampang, Lot 314 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Hadramawt, The Curve, Lot G.68 Ground Floor, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara 47810, Selangor
- Pulai Springs Resort: You can enjoy the facilities of term memberships, overnight stays and dining privileges at Cinta Terrace Restaurant located in Pulai Springs Resort. Customers can enjoy the offer until 1 May 2018. All the payments must be made using Bank Muamlat Debit Card.
Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i Eligibility Criteria & Documents Required
- You must hold a Savings or Current Account with Bank Muamlat.
- You must be above 18 years of age to apply for the card.
- In case of a minor applicant, the minimum age must be 12 years or above.
- MyKad ID Card
- For Minor account holder, you have to submit an Indemnity Letter
Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i Fees & Charges
The following fees and charges are applicable on Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i:
|Annual Service Fees||RM12.72|
|Cash Withdrawal from the bank’s ATM||Free|
|Cash Withdrawal from other bank’s ATM||RM1.06|
|Cash Withdrawal from a foreign bank’s ATM||RM4.24|
|Cash Withdrawal from MasterCard’s ATM||RM10.60|
|Balance Check in ATM||Free|
|Account statement – Hard Copy||RM5.30 per copy|
|Card Replacement due to loss/theft||RM12|
Note: The fees and charges mentioned are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i Customer Care Number
For any information on the terms and conditions or for any queries, you can dial the bank’s Customer Centre number, 1- 300-88-8787. If you are calling from anywhere out of Malaysia, you can dial the number, +603-2600 5500, to have your queries answered.
Difference between Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i & Bank Muamlat ATM Card
Bank Muamlat ATM Card has a restricted function of ATM access and MyDebit transactions. Whereas, Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i lets you make payments for your retail and online purchases in addition to acting as an ATM card, facilitating you to withdraw cash within Malaysia as well as abroad.
Bank Muamlat Debit Card-i FAQs
Q. Should I pay any fees to renew my debit card?
A. No. You don’t have to pay any fees to renew your debit card.
Q. What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
A. If your card is lost or stolen, you have to inform the bank immediately by calling 1300-88- 8787 or submitting the notification in writing. The bank will then block the lost or stolen card to prevent its misuse.
Q. Will my card be terminated if the card is inactive for a while?
A. The bank reserves the right to deactivate your card if the card has been inactive for 2 years. The deactivation takes place after a notice of 21 calendar days has been provided.
Q. Can I use the card in any outlet?
A. No. If you transact with your card at non-Shariah compliant outlets or Point of Sale (POS), then the bank may suspend your card without prior notice.
Q. Can I make overseas transactions with my card?
A. Yes. You can transact overseas with your card. However, you must inform the bank about this and ask them to activate the facility prior to making any overseas transactions. You can do this by calling the Contact Centre on the number 1-300-88-8787.