Bank Rakyat debit cards are based on the Shariah concept of banking. These cards can be used for online and retail purchases. Bank Rakyat debit cards allow you to carry cash in a safe and smarter way.
List of Bank Rakyat Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|Debit Card-i||Can be used for retail and online purchases||No annual fee for first year RM8 for subsequent years until card is valid||Up to RM5,000 per day|
|Kad Debit-i Bank Rakyat - Kopenas||Can be used for retail and online purchases||No annual fee for first year RM8 for subsequent years until card is valid||Up to RM5,000 per day|
Types of Bank Rakyat Debit Cards
- Debit Card-i
- Kad Debit-i Bank Rakyat - Kopenas
Features and Benefits of Bank Rakyat Debit Cards:
- You get zero mark-up rate on any overseas transactions.
- You can withdraw cash at any Bank Rakyat ATM across Malaysia.
- You need not pay any annual fee on the card for the first year.
- You can withdraw from all MasterCard participating banks worldwide.
- You get exclusive benefits and privileges at selected MasterCard outlets.
Bank Rakyat Debit Cards Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a Malaysian citizen.
- You need to be aged 18 years and above.
- You need to have Bank Rakyat Individual Savings-i account.
- You need to pay a minimum of RM10 to open an Individual Savings-i account if you do not have one already.
- Kad Debit-i Bank Rakyat – Kopenas is open to all Koperasi Perkhidmatan Pelajaran Nasional Berhad (Kopenas) registered members.
- Copy of MyKad.
- Copy of confirmation letter from Kopenas.
Bank Rakyat Debit Card Fees and Charges
|Fees and Charges||Debit Card-i||Kad Debit-i Bank Rakyat – Kopenas|
|Sales Draft||RM5 per copy RM15 per original copy||RM5 per copy RM15 per original copy|
|Cash Withdrawal||No charge at Bank Rakyat ATMs RM1 at other bank ATMs or over-the-counter in Malaysia RM12 for other bank ATMs or over-the-counter outside Malaysia||No charge at Bank Rakyat ATMs RM1 at other bank ATMs or over-the-counter in Malaysia RM12 for other bank ATMs or over-the-counter outside Malaysia|
Bank Rakyat Debit Cards Customer Service/Hotline Number
- 1 300 80 5454 (Local)
- +603 5526 9000 (International)
Bank Rakyat FAQs
Q. How can I apply for a debit card?
A. You need to visit your nearest branch of Bank Rakyat to apply for a debit card. Carry the required documents with you. Fill and submit the application form. If approved, you would receive your debit card immediately.
Q. Can I used my debit card for contactless payment facility?
A. Yes. You can use your debit card on any contactless terminals that display MasterCard PayPass or MyDebit logo across Malaysia and overseas.
Q. What are the terms for contactless transactions?
A. You do not require to key in your PIN for any contactless transactions not exceeding RM250. If your purchase is above RM250, you have to key in your PIN number.
Q. Can I set limits for contactless transaction on my debit card?
A. Yes. You can set limits, activate or deactivate contactless transactions on your debit card via any Bank Rakyat ATM. Your personalised limits would be subject to terms and conditions imposed by Bank Rakyat.
Q. Can I use my debit card for all types of retail and online transactions?
A. No. You can use your card for retail and online transactions except for purchases at non-halal categorised merchants.
Q. What are the types of payment platforms allowed for this debit card?
A. There are two types of payment platforms available on your debit cards.
- MasterCard Network: It is accepted across Malaysia and overseas.
- MyDebit Network: It is accepted only across Malaysia.
Q. Do I need to maintain my savings account to use my debit card?
A. Yes. If you close your savings account, then your debit card will become void.
Q. What should I do if I lose or misplace my debit card?
A. If you lose or misplace your card, you need to notify the bank immediately. You can call customer service to report the loss. You need to submit a written confirmation of the loss along with a police report to Bank Rakyat.
Q. Where can I address any complaints regarding my debit card?
A. You can call the customer service line to make any complaints regarding your debit card. You can also submit a complaint via feedback form available on bank website. A bank representative will help you with your complaint.