Overview of BSN Credit Cards
Bank Simapanan Nasional (BSN) was established by the Malaysian government in the year 1974. BSN now provides a wide range of banking services including personal banking, Islamic banking, business banking, and microfinance services. Credit cards offered by BSN come with excellent reward points, waiver of annual fees, low interest rates, etc.
Features and Benefits of BSN Credit Cards
Let us take a look at some of the main features and benefits of a BSN credit card:
- BSN credit cards come without an annual fee for life. You can get a waiver of annual fee on your primary card and supplementary card throughout your life.
- These credit cards are available at very low finance charges.
- You can transfer outstanding balances from other cards to your BSN credit card.
- You are also entitled to great global privileges.
- When you use your BSN credit card for all the expenses of your travel plan, you will receive free travel accident and inconvenience insurance.
- A few BSN credit cards give exclusive cashback options.
Why choose Credit Cards from BSN?
Let us discuss why you should go for a credit card from BSN:
- Most BSN credit cards give you rewards whenever you spend a Ringgit. You will also receive Happy Points which will allow you to redeem many gifts and benefits.
- You can use these cards anywhere in the world and obtain cash advances from any of the several ATMS in the world.
- You can pay in monthly installments by going for the 0% interest installment plan.
- Some of the BSN credit cards give you special privileges at selected merchants.
Types of BSN Credit Cards
Let us take a look at the types of BSN credit cards:
BSN Platinum Credit Card
This card comes with special Platinum privileges:
- You will get exclusive Platinum rewards for local and overseas transactions on dining, travel, golf, and retail purchases.
- You will get Platinum lifestyle benefits such as 24-hour customer service line, 24-hour concierge services, etc.
- You can also secure exclusive Platinum financial benefits.
- You can enjoy free travel accident insurance with Platinum Protection.
- There is no annual fee for this card.
BSN Gold Credit Card
These are the features of the card:
- This card comes with a low finance charge of 11% p.a.
- You can get a free BSN Zing PLUS Miles card and connect it your Gold Credit Card.
- You can purchase goods and services through monthly installments by choosing the 0% interest installment plan.
- You are entitled to be a part of the Happy Rewards Programme. Under this programme, you will receive Happy Points and you can redeem these points for dining vouchers, shopping vouchers, and electronic appliances and gadgets.
BSN Classic Credit Card
The features of BSN Classic Credit Card are very similar to the features of BSN Gold Credit Card.
BSN provides a supplementary card to all its credit card customers. This supplementary card can be used by your loved ones and dependents. BSN allows you to apply for a supplementary card for up to 5 times. The supplementary card can be given to your spouse, parents, siblings, children, and other immediate family members. The minimum age limit for a supplementary cardholder is 18 years old. The supplementary card gives the benefits of the primary credit card.
Fees and Charges
There is no annual fee for any of the BSN primary and supplementary credit cards.
Finance charges for Platinum, Gold, and Classic cards
|Tier||Private employee||Government employee|
|1||13.5% p.a.||11% p.a.|
|2||16% p.a.||13.5% p.a.|
|3||17.5% p.a.||17.5% p.a.|
These are the fees you will need to pay:
- You will have to pay 5.3% of the amount you withdraw when you use a BSN non-platinum card.
- You will have to pay RM53 to withdraw cash using your BSN platinum credit card.
- You will have to pay 1% of your due amount when you make a delay in paying your credit card bill. This is the late payment fee.
- You will have to pay 5% of your unsettled amount on a monthly basis. This is the minimum monthly repayment amount.
- Your card will be replaced for free for the first time. You will have to pay RM50 for replacing your second card.
These are the eligibility criteria for BSN credit cards:
- You will need to be a Malaysian citizen.
- You should be 21 years old to have a principal card and 18 years old to have a supplementary card.
- Your minimum income should be RM24,000 p.a. to apply for BSN Classic Credit Card.
- Your minimum income should be RM36,000 p.a. to apply for BSN Gold Credit Card.
- Your minimum income should be RM60,000 p.a. to apply for a BSN Platinum Principal Credit Card.
These are the documents required to apply for BSN credit cards:
- For government employees:
- NRIC (2 sides)
- Your staff identity tag or confirmation letter from your employer
- Latest salary slip for one month
- For employees from the private sector:
- NRIC (2 sides)
- Your staff identity tag or confirmation letter from your employer
- For individuals who are self-employed:
- NRIC (2 sides)
- Business registration certificate or Form 9, 24, 49
- Latest bank statements for 6 months or your latest BE form with your tax receipt
BSN enables you to transfer your unsettled balances from other credit cards to your BSN credit card. When you go for this option, you can get enjoy an interest-free period for up to 1 year. If you transfer more balance, you can save more money. You do not have to pay any processing fee and you can enjoy the long repayment period. You can combine all your other credit card accounts into one single statement.
BSN Credit Card Reward Redemption Process
If you have earned Happy Points through the Happy Point Programme, you can redeem them to get marvellous gifts. For this, you will have to download and fill the redemption form. You then have to choose your redemption items and sign the form. You can then fax or email or mail it to the right address of BSN.
How to Report a lost BSN Credit Card?
You can get in touch with 24-hour BSN contact centre by calling 1300 88 1900 or +603-2613 1900 (Overseas) and report your lost BSN credit card for immediate support.
How to apply for a BSN Credit Card?
You can apply for a BSN credit card by filling the online application form or by calling the bank’s customer care centre or by visiting your nearest BSN branch.
BSN credit card hotline number
Customer service centre: 1800 22 0800
Platinum care line: 1800 22 0800 or +603-2688 0800 (Overseas)
Do BSN credit cards come with automatic bill payment services?
Yes, you can get your bills paid automatically on a monthly basis. This is known as the BSN Autobilling option.
Can I get cash when I am in an emergency using my BSN credit card?
Yes, your BSN credit card comes with BSN EasyCash facility which will give you cash instantly. You can make a minimum cash request of RM1,000.
How can I pay for my purchases in installments with my credit card?
You can use BSN 0% EasyPay Plan (EPP) to pay in installments without paying any interest. You also will not incur any additional charges.
|Read More on BSN Balance Transfer|
Apart from offering Credit card,BSN offers other products and services which include:
- Cash vs Cards Payments Malaysia
- How to Find the Perfect Credit Card in Malaysia
- How to Improve your Credit Rating in Malaysia
- How to Increase Credit Limit in Your Credit Card
- How to Pick an Emergency Credit Card
- Student Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Supplementary Credit Cards in Malaysia
- When to Use Credit over Cash
- Shed the Excess Interest Rates
- Protecting One’s Credit Card While Travelling
- Defaulting Your Credit Card Bills in Malaysia?
- Top 5 Reasons Why Owning a Credit Card is Good for You
- How to improve your chances of having a credit card approved
- Credit Card fraud: Are you aware of it?
- Understand Credit Card interest free period
- Reward Credit cards Malaysia
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- What charges do you pay for when you swipe your card overseas
- Best Petrol Credit Cards In Malaysia
- Credit Cards for Employees in Malaysia
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for a Credit Card
News About BSN Credit Card
BSN will maintain its 403 branches
Despite the challenging outlook for the banking industry, BSN will not be cutting the branches. The BSN deputy chief executive believes that the growth for 2017 will not be as good as it was in the last few years, but it will be sustainable. The banks will continue to reduce cost and hence reduce the number of branches. But, BSN will focus on mobile banking, agent banking, and internet banking. The banking industry will have a lot of challenges this year due to the high household debt, Brexit, uncertainties surrounding the US President-elect Donald Trump’s policies, and the oil prices.
9th January 2017
Changes in BSN’s logo and identity
Bank Simpanan Nasional or (BSN) has rebranded itself with refreshed logo containing the corporate colour teal that represents trustworthiness and reliability. Associated with rural Malays, BSN Bank has won Chinese support and now rebranded itself to appeal to urban population. Apart from changing it look, the bank has launched a campaign called “a better life within your reach” to appeal to urban population.
The bank strives to change its prevailing identity as a kampong bank and establish itself as an urban bank like other commercial banks in Malaysia. The bank is still considered as a rural bank despite having served customers in Malaysia for nearly 40 years. With BSN targeting urban customers and making inroads to the Chinese market, the dominant perception of BSN as a rural bank has changed.
2nd August 2016
BSN Tightens Lending Rules for Oil and Gas Sector
Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) has tightened its lending rules for customers in the oil and gas sector. The bank’s new loans and credit products will be subject to the revisions.
The changes are part of the bank’s periodic review of risks and developments in the financial sector. The oil and gas industry is among the sectors that are facing challenges currently. Crude oil prices fell from more than US$100 a barrel in June 2014 to around US$28 recently, the lowest it has seen in over 12 years.
As per BSN’s responsible lending policy, affordability assessment of all loans will continue to be done.
25th January 2016
Digital Banking partnership between Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN)and Cisco
In a bid to keep pace with modern technology, Bank Simpanan Nasional is planning to install Virtual Teller Machines (VTM) at 31 branches in the country, with CISCO providing the platform for these new age wonders. These VTMs will help in customer interface, providing real time exchange between tellers and customers. The bank is investing RM 30 million to develop and install these VTMs, using an extremely secure and immersive platform for video interface.
It hopes that these machines will help increase productivity and efficiency of their service, while providing quick solutions to customers. Safety features like card identification, encrypted electronic signatures and fingerprint verification have been incorporated in these VTMs to ensure protection.
06th January 2016