CIMB Debit Card provides you with a convenient way to access your cash and helps you track your expenses through monthly statements. The card can also be used for retail transactions and online purchases.
List of CIMB Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|CIMB PETRONAS Debit MasterCard||You can earn rebates on every purchase made at PETRONAS. You can also make a quick payment by tap or wave feature on this card for transactions up to RM250.||RM19.08 (From second year onwards).||RM5,000.|
|CIMB Tesco Debit MasterCard||You can earn unlimited Tesco Clubcard Points and make quick payments for transactions up to RM250.||RM19.08 (From second year onwards).||RM5,000.|
|CIMB Debit MasterCard||You can earn 1 Bonus Point per RM4 spent with this card.||RM15.90 (From second year onwards).||RM5,000.|
Types of CIMB Debit Cards
The types of CIMB Debit Card are given below:
- CIMB PETRONAS Debit MasterCard
- CIMB Tesco Debit MasterCard
- CIMB Debit MasterCard
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits associated with CIMB debit cards are listed below:
- The cards offer extra security with PIN and Pay feature.
- You can use the cards globally for cash withdrawal and retail transactions.
- You can make a quick payment for purchases up to RM250 without using PIN, by the card’s tap and wave feature.
- You can also use the cards for bill payment and shopping.
- The payments made through the cards are protected via 3D secure shopping.
CIMB Debit Card Promotions 2018
- You can get up to 40% off on food and beverages at participating SPG Hotels and Resorts. The offer is valid till 31 December 2018.
- You can enjoy a discount of 18% on hotel bookings made through CIMB Debit Card via ZENROOMS till 30 September 2018.
- You can get a discount of 15% with a minimum spend of RM200 at Timberland till 31 March 2018.
CIMB Debit Card Eligibility Criteria
- For CIMB PETRONAS Debit MasterCard and CIMB Tesco Debit MasterCard:
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years.
- Minimum initial deposit requirement for the account opening: RM250
- Documents required: NRIC or passport.
- For CIMB Debit MasterCard:
- In order to get a CIMB Debit MasterCard, you need to be 12 years old or older and be an active account holder of CIMB Bank savings or current account.
- Documents required:
- For applicants that are 18 years old or older: NRIC or passport.
- For applicants that are 12 to 18 years old: Indemnity letter signed by a parent or a guardian.
Fees and Charges
The following table contains the fees and charges associated with CIMB debit cards:
|Fee type||Fee details|
|Card replacement fee||RM12.00 per replacement.|
|Cash withdrawal fee (at CIMB ATMs)||No charge.|
|Cash withdrawal fee (at non-CIMB ATMs)||Domestic: Up to RM4.24 per transaction.|
|Overseas: Up to 10.60 per transaction.|
CIMB Debit Card Customer Care/Hotline Number
You can reach out to CIMB Bank for any query related to CIMB debit card via the following customer service number:
Local and overseas: +603-6204 7788.
Q. Can I get a debit card linked to a joint savings account with CIMB Bank?
A. Yes. You can get a debit card linked to a joint account.
Q. Can I use my CIMB debit card in other countries?
A. Yes, you can use your card overseas for cash access as well as retail transactions.
Q. What kind of security features do I get on my card?
A. The card is protected with Chip and PIN technology. You will also receive a text message whenever a transaction of more than RM300 is made on the card. The card also uses the OTP (One time password) verification feature to provide security to purchases.
Q. What should I do if I lose my card or my card gets stolen?
A. If you have lost your card or have had it stolen, you should contact CIMB Bank immediately via phone or visit the nearest branch of CIMB and report the incident.
Q. Is there an option through which I can reduce the daily limit on my CIMB debitcard?
A. Yes, you can modify the daily limit assigned to your CIMB card.