Now, you can upgrade yourself to a cashless society and enjoy the privilege of carrying “no cash”. The CIMB Debit MasterCard comes with a number of cashless conveniences and rewards. It is equipped with multi-level security features that keep your CIMB Savings Account as well as the Debit MasterCard safe. You can use this Debit MasterCard to make any type of purchases locally and globally either online or over-the-phone.
Type of CIMB Debit Cards
CIMB offers CIMB Debit MasterCard which enables you to enjoy a host of cashless transactions. You can use Debit MasterCard to purchase a wide variety of products and services including paying for groceries, petrol, food & beverage, online shopping, and monthly utility bills and for many more things.
Features and benefits of CIMB Debit MasterCard
Listed below are major features and benefits of CIMB Debit MasterCard
- Global Acceptance: Access your savings account from anywhere at any time within CIMB My Debit Card and MasterCard network. The card is accepted globally at more 38 million MasterCard outlets and more than 1 million ATMs across the globe.
- Safety: The card is equipped with secure Chip and PIN technology. It's safe and convenient.
- Cash withdrawal: Apart from withdrawing cash form CIMB Bank ATMS, you can withdraw cash from any CIMB Bank ATM Regional Link for free.
- Bonus /rewards: Enjoy special discounts, offers and promotion when you use your CIMB Debit MasterCard within the MasterCard network. On spending RM4, you get rewarded with 1 bonus point which you can accumulate and redeem them later against a variety of items listed in CIMB’s member rewards catalogue.
- Easy Bill Payment: You can set up an automatic payments for your monthly bills and you can keep a track of your spending.
- Online Shopping: Get access to 3D secure online shopping with One-Time password sent to your mobile. You can use your CIMB Credit Card for online shopping, oversea purchase and over-the-phone transactions.
- It offers liability protection for a maximum amount of RM250.
- Get free SMS alerts on every transaction you do with your CIMB Master Debit Card
Eligibility for CIMB Debit Cards:
An applicant needs to fulfil the following eligibility conditions to qualify for a CIMB Debit MasterCard.
- Minimum age of a savings/current account holder needs to 12 years and above.
- For account holders below the age of 18, an indemnity letter signed by guardian/parent is required.
FAQs of CIMB Debit Cards
Is online shopping is allowed by the CIMB Debit MasterCard?
Yes, you can shop online with your CIMB Debit MasterCard. You can also use the same debit card for shopping over the phone.
What if I am travelling outside Malaysia and there is a need to withdraw money by using my CIMB Debit MasterCard? Will I be able to do so?
Don’t worry! Your CIMB Debit MasterCard is accepted at over 1 million ATMs across the globe. You can easily withdraw money as and when you need.
What is the minimum age required for obtaining a CIMB Debit MasterCard?
The minimum age an account holder needs to be 12 years.
What is CIMB Debit MasterCard Bonus?
You get rewarded with bonus points when you use your CIMB Credit Card for making any transactions and use those bonus points to redeem gifts from any of the following categories: Health & Lifestyle, Gadgets, Travel Companion, Outdoor & Fun Learning, Vouchers, Kitchen and Home Essentials.
How do I redeem my bonus points received through CIMB Debit MasterCard?
You can redeem these bonus points online. What you have to do is to download the redemption form and fill all your details in it.
What are the privileges offered by CIMB Debit MasterCard?
You can enjoy a host of privileges in Retail, Travel, Dining and others when you shop with your CIMB Debit MasterCard.