These debit cards are not only excellent for cashless benefits but they come with great reward points and a whole lot of partnership offers in Malaysia and outside.
Types of Citibank Debit Cards
- Citibank Debit and ATM Card
- Citigold Debit and ATM Card
Features of Citibank Debit Cards
Both of these cards have the same following features except the daily usage limit which is RM 5000 for Citibank Debit and ATM Card and RM 10000 for Citigold Debit and ATM Card:
- You also get preferential treatment along with great offers and discounts at over 25,000 establishments around the globe ranging from shopping, entertainment and even airport lounge access.
- The updates on the offers are available on the City gold privileges website.
- You can always keep a check by tracking your expenditure through e-Statement on Citigold Online.
- Cash withdrawals can be made at Citibank Banking Center, accessible anyday, anytime.
- This card can be used in over 1.2 million Citibank and VISA Plus ATMs globally, with a network of over 100 countries, and accepted in over 29 million brick and mortar outlets with the VISA across the globe.
- Your monthly bank statement with the records of the same of all the purchases you make are available, aiding you to manage your finances well
- This card allows you to make payments directly for your purchases from the Citigold Checking or Savings Account under your name.
Benefits of Citibank Debit Cards
All the benefits of Citibank Debit cards are same except their daily usage limit, as mentioned before:
- This card has an ‘Embedded EMV-compliant Smart Chip’ for extra security.
- You get access to Global Customer Assistance Services (GCAS) emergency services anyday, anytime, worldwide from Visa. These services include:
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Lost / Stolen Card Reporting
- Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Travel Assistance
- Emergency Medical Assistance
- Cardholder Inquiry Service
- You get protection against Fraud as well:
- Coverage for transaction protection, in turn making you not liable for any fraudulent or unauthorized online or retail purchases on your card as long as:
- You were not involved in the fraudulent activity and are dishonest:
- in using the card or
- did not cause the loss or theft of the card, or
- the disclosure of the PIN, and
- The transaction is conducted post Citibank is notified Citibank of the loss or suspected misuse of your card.
- The Reward program:
- Earn rewards for every purchase.
- The reward points never expire.
- You can redeem the points for a wide range of items, services provided to you through partnerships with big brands.
Eligibility for Citibank Debit Cards
- The applicant should be at least 18 years.
- The applicant should be a resident of Malaysia.
- The individual applicant should have an account based on their choice of debit card or a Savings Account under their name with Citibank.
FAQs of Citibank Debit Cards
How can i figure out whether the store accepts my card?
Simply look for the VISA logo in the outlet premises. It is generally at the door.
Can I apply for EPP or FPP accounts through this card?
No, it is not available, but the Citibank credit cards do allow this provision.
Are any annual charges applicable for Citibank debit cards?
The annual charges are waived off for Citibank debit cards.