Citibank Debit Card helps you keep a track of your expenses while providing you with an easy way to access your cash. It also helps you make quick purchases at a range of retail outlets all around the world.
List of Citibank Debit Card
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|Citibank Debit & ATM Card||You can access your cash easily and make quick purchases with your card. You can also earn the never-expiring Citibank Rewards Points with every purchase.||The card comes with an annual fee waiver.||Daily Cash Withdrawal limit: RM5,000. Daily Purchase Limit: RM5,000.|
|Citigold Debit & ATM Card||The card helps you pay directly for your purchases and earns you Citibank Rewards Points with all purchases.||The card comes with an annual fee waiver.||Daily Cash Withdrawal limit: RM10,000. Daily Purchase Limit: RM10,000.|
Types of Citibank Debit Card
There are the two following types of Citibank Debit Card available:
- Citibank Debit & ATM Card
- Citigold Debit & ATM Card
Features and Benefits of Citibank Debit Card
- The card is accepted globally and can be used at more than 1.2 million Citibank and VISA Plus ATMs in more than 100 countries.
- You can keep a track of your expenses via e-statements with Citibank Debit Card.
- You can use the card for retail purchases at more than 29 million outlets all around the globe.
- You can enjoy preferential treatment and discounts at shopping, dining, and entertainment etc. at over 25,000 establishments all around the world.
- You can get a complimentary travel insurance of up to RM350,000 when you purchase the tickets using your Citi Debit Card.
- The card comes with a high level of security and keeps you protected against cases of theft and other fraudulent activities.
- You can earn Citibank Rewards Points with every purchase made with Citi Debit Card.
- You can also enjoy promotions and discount offers released by Citibank from time to time.
Citibank Debit Card Promotions 2018
- You can enjoy a discount of up to 15% with food and beverage purchase at 2 PM, G Hotel Kelawai till 31 March, 2018.
- You can enjoy shopping at Bluebell with 10% discount on LeSportsac, Love Moschino, Radley & Daniel Wellington. The offer is valid till 31 May, 2018.
- You can get 15% off on rooms of all categories at G Hotel Gurney. The offer is valid till 31 March, 2018.
Citibank Debit Card Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria for Citibank Debit Card:
- Existing customers who are at least 18 years old and have a Citibank Savings or Checking account can apply for the debit card.
- New customers who are 18 years old or older need to open a savings or current account with Citibank with minimum prescribed deposit amount in order to obtain the debit card.
You need to present the following documents for the application process:
- A copy of NRIC.
- A copy of residential proof.
- Any other document required by the bank.
Citibank Debit Card Fees and Charges
The following table consists of the fees and charges associated with Citibank Debit Card:
|Type of fee||Fee details|
|Transaction fee (cash withdrawal from any non-Citi ATM)||RM10.00 per transaction.|
Citibank Debit Card Customer Care/Hotline Number
You can get further information regarding the Citi debit card by contacting Citibank through the following customer service numbers:
- Kuala Lumpur: 03-2383 0000.
- Penang: 04-296 0000.
- Johor Bahru: 07-268 0000.
- Sabah & Sarawak: 1800-82-1010.
Citibank Debit Card FAQs
Q. Can I change the daily withdrawal limit with my Citibank Debit Card?
A. Yes, you can revise the daily limits associated with your debit card by contacting the Citibank telephonically or visiting the nearest Citibank branch with your request for the same.
Q. What kind of security features does my Citi Debit Card come with?
A. The following are the security features offered:
- Your debit card is embedded with an EMV-compliant SmartChip.
- The bank will contact you if any suspicious activity is detected on your card.
- You are required to set a debit limit on your card in order to prevent any fraudulent transactions.
- The transactions made on the card require an authorisation signature.
Q. What should I do if I lose my Citi debit card?
A. You are required to visit the nearest Citibank branch in cases of lost or stolen card and make a report regarding the same. You can also make a report the loss or theft by contacting the bank via its customer service numbers.
Q. What is the procedure to get a new PIN if I forget the PIN associated with the card?
A. You should contact the bank via its customer service numbers and request for a new PIN or visit the nearest branch of Citibank to get a new PIN issued.
Q. Is it allowed to change the savings or current account linked to my Citi debit card by default?
A. Yes. It is allowed to change the default savings or current account linked to your Citi debit card. You can contact Citibank with the request for the same or visit the nearest Citibank branch to get the request entertained immediately.