Citibank Personal Loan
Citi offers personal loans to serve all your personal needs, may it be decorating your house, travelling to your dream destination, pursuing education, arranging a wedding or anything.
Compare Citi Personal Loans
Citi offers two types of personal loans:
Citi Personal Loans: : Citi offers a maximum loan amount of RM150,000 or 10 times your monthly gross income at competitive interest rates. Apply for the loan to get instant funding in case of an emergency.
Citi Debt Consolidation: You can consolidate the debts of up to 5 credit cards/loan accounts into one with Citi Debt Consolidation. Get a loan repayment tenure of up to 60 months at reasonable interest rates. You can also get access to additional cash with this facility.
|Interest Rate (p.a.)
||Starting from 5.88% p.a. (flat rate)
||Upto 5 years
|Min. monthly income
|Max. Loan Amount
||RM150,000 (for existing customers)
The bank offers personal loan at flat interest rates starting from as low as 5.88% p.a. (flat rate).
- Get personal financing at competitive interest rates starting from 5.88% p.a. (flat rate).
- As an existing customer, you can get a loan of up to RM150,000.
- If you are a new customer, you can get a loan of up to RM120,000.
- The bank does not charge any processing fee on the loan approval.
- You can repay the loan in flexible tenures from 24 months to 60 months.
Fees and Charges
||0.5% of the approved loan amount
|Late Payment Penalty
||1% p.a. calculated on a daily basis until the due is fully settled
|Early Settlement Charges (if settled within the first two years or within the first half of the tenure, whichever is earlier)
||3% of the outstanding balance or RM200, whichever is higher
The eligibility criteria to apply for Citi Personal Loan are:
- Nationality Criteria:
- Malaysian citizen
- Permanent resident of Malaysia
- Age Criteria:
- The minimum age at which you can apply for the loan is 21 years.
- You must be not more than 60 years old at the time of loan maturity.
- Annual Income must be not less than RM48,000 p.a.
- In addition, you must have a credit card, home loan, personal loan or an overdraft facility with any other bank. This association must be harmonious for a period of 24 months or more.
What documents do I need to prepare?
The documents required to apply for Citi Personal Loan are:
- Identity Proof: A copy of your MyKad
- Income Proof: Latest EPF Statement/two months’ salary slip
- If Self-Employed:
- Copy of Business Registration Form
- Latest Form B with Tax Receipt/6 months’ Bank Statement
Why Choose Citi Personal Loan?
- High margin of financing at lower interest rates
- No guarantor or collateral required
How to Apply for Personal Loan from Citibank?
You can apply for Citi Personal Loan online by filling the online application form available on the website and submit it along with the required supporting documents to complete the application. Alternatively, you could also apply for the loan by visiting the nearest Citi branch and request for the application.
Super Duper Deals: Apply for a Citibank Personal Loan on www.bbazaar.my and get a Tesco voucher worth RM50.
Apply for a Citibank Personal Loan on www.bbazaar.my and get a Tesco voucher worth RM50 if your application is approved and the loan amount is disbursed on or before 30th November 2018.
How to participate in the deal
- New customers need to apply for a Citibank Personal Loan scheme via www.bbazaar.my.
- You need to apply before 30 November 2018.
- If your application is approved and the loan is disbursed on or before 30 November 2018, you will be entitled for a Tesco voucher worth RM50.
- You will get to make a choice between Tesco Online Voucher for Tesco Online Shopping and Tesco Cash Voucher for shopping at Tesco Stores.
How to use the gift voucher on Tesco’s website
- To receive the online voucher, you’ll need to send a redemption claim email to email@example.com.
- This email should contain the acknowledgement email sent by BBazaar to you when your personal loan application was referred to the bank and a photograph or scanned copy of the personal loan approval and disbursement letter from the bank. You can block out sensitive information such as your account number, etc.
- On receiving your gift redemption email, BBazaar will send you an email containing your Tesco Online Voucher to your registered email address within 2 weeks. Customers who have opted for a cash voucher will receive it at their registered delivery address within 6 weeks.
- To use the gift voucher on Tesco’s website, you’ll need to redeem it during its validity period while making an online transaction. Validity of the voucher is reflected on the voucher itself.
- You can also redeem your Tesco Online voucher using Tesco Online Malaysia apps.
Important points to note
- The online gift voucher is valid for one redemption only.
- You can redeem only one voucher in one transaction.
- Tesco Online delivery is valid for selected locations within Klang Valley area, Penang, and Johor Bahru.
This gift voucher cannot be exchanged, sold, donated, or bought.
- Any voucher redemption claims/emails received by BBazaar for loan applications made later than 30 September 2018 will not qualify for the gift.
Disclaimer: BBazaar reserves the right to modify, add, or discontinue the terms and conditions at any time without any notice.
Personal Loan Calculator
ou can enter the loan amount you are willing to take and the repayment tenure in years. Following that, you can get an estimate of the monthly instalment payable for the loan. The calculations are done keeping 16.40% p.a. as the effective interest rate and a flat interest rate of 9% p.a.
How to Calculate Repayments?
You can calculate the monthly repayments as well as the total repayment you have to make for a particular loan amount using the formula:
(P x R x T)/100
Here, P is the loan amount borrowed in RM, R is the interest rate in % p.a., and T is the loan tenure in years. The amount you will get after calculating is the total amount you have to pay as the interest component. Just remember that the sum of the loan amount and the total interest payable gives you the total repayment sum.
The total repayment sum divided by the number of months across your loan tenure gives you the monthly instalment payable.
How Do I Pay My Repayments?
Citi provides several repayment networks to make the entire process easier and hassle-free. A few of such modes are given below:
- When you are paying the fees and charges, you can submit a cheque titled as ‘Citibank Berhad-< purpose of payment >’.
- Cash payments must be made only to the bank tellers at the branch offices and not to any sales representatives.
- Other modes such as Online Transfer, MEPS, Interbank GIRO, standing instruction scheme, ATM, Express Payment Machine, Cheque Dropbox, etc. can be used to make repayments as per your convenience.
You can contact the bank representatives to get clarification on your queries regarding the personal loan. The numbers to reach the bank are given below:
- Kuala Lumpur: 03-2383 0000
- Penang: 04-296 0000
- Johor Bahru: 07-268 0000
- Sabah and Sarawak: 1800-82-1010
You can also choose to chat with the bank’s representatives with the ‘Live Chat’ option available on the bank’s website.
Q. What is the minimum loan amount offered by Citi?
A. The minimum loan amount offered is RM5,000.
Q. When does the loan repayment start?
A. You can begin the repayment after 1 month from the date of disbursement of the loan amount.
Q. Can I pay an amount higher than the designated monthly instalment?
A. If you pay an amount higher than the designated monthly instalment, the excess sum will not reduce the loan principal. Instead, the amount will be considered as a pre-payment for the following month’s instalment.
Q. What happens if I fail to pay a monthly instalment?
A. If you miss paying a monthly instalment, the bank charges a late payment fee on the outstanding instalment amount at 1% p.a. calculated on a daily basis until the amount is fully settled.
Q. Can the monthly instalment amount be varied?
A. You cannot increase or decrease the approved monthly instalment amount unless you get a written approval from the bank.