AmBank World MasterCard Credit Card
The go-to credit card for the globetrotter, this card provides great benefits such as cashback and 5 times the reward points on overseas expenses and exclusive concierge services to assist n travel enquiries.
AmBank World MasterCard Benefits
The AmBank World MasterCard is catered to the frequent traveller and provides exclusive rewards for overseas expenses charged on the card. The reward points earned by the card is 5 reward points for every RM 1 spent on retail expenses overseas and 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent locally on retail expenses. These reward points can not only be redeemed for exciting electronic gadgets and appliances but can also be used to redeem airline miles from select airlines such as Malaysian Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airlines and even Singaporean Airlines. Apart from the reward points, the card also offers other travel benefits such as a complimentary travel insurance with a cover of up to RM 2 Million and access to 24 hour concierge services that can assist in providing information on travel and entertainment enquiries and also help provide information on medical services.
AmBank World MasterCard Features
The features of the AmBank Imagine Visa card are as follows
- The card has no annual fees and is free for life. The supplementary card is also free for life.
- The interest charged on the credit card is 15% p.a. and the interest rate on balance transfers for a tenure of 6 months is 4.99% p.a. 12 months and 24 months is 8.99% p.a.
- This card is equipped with an Easy payment plan that allows cardholders to spread a large purchase over the span of up to 24 months.
- This card is equipped with a cash advance feature called AmBank Quick Cash that allow cardholders acquire a loan against the available credit limit.
- Daily cash withdrawal is set to a limit of RM 5000 and attracts a withdrawal interest rate of 18%.
- Minimum payment that is to be made monthly is 5% of the outstanding amount. Any late payment will attract a late payment fee of 1% of the outstanding balance.
AmBank World MasterCard Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the AmBank Imagine Credit cards ae as follows
- The primary cardholder must earn an annual salary of RM 100,000 and above.
- The age requirements for primary cardholders is 21 years of age and supplementary cardholders is 18 years of age.
- Anybody including Government servants, private company employees and expatriates with a valid work visa can apply for the card if they meet the income and age criteria.
Other Credit Cards offered by AmBank
The other credit cards offered by this bank include
- AmBank Platinum MasterCard
- AmBank Imagine
- AmBank Cosway Platinum MasterCard
- AmBank Cosway Gold MasterCard
- AmBank Carz Platinum Visa Card
- AmBank Carz Gold Visa Card
- AmBank Visa Signature Card
- AmBank True Visa Card
AmBank World MasterCard Protection Plan
The AmBank World MasterCard offers a complimentary travel insurance with a cover of up to RM 2 Million every time air fare is charged solely on the card. The card also offers a purchase protection plan that has a cover of up to RM 50,000 and provides cover against theft or accidental damage. This protection plan has a validity of 30 days from the date of purchase.
Balance Transfer Plan by AmBank World MasterCard
AmBank offers its cardholders an effective method of credit card debt consolidation through their balance transfer schemes. Cardholders can now transfer outstanding credit card dues from any other bank onto their AmBank World MasterCard and enjoy the benefits of low interest rates. The available tenure options are 6 months at an interest rate of 4.99% p.a. and a minimum amount of RM 1000, 12 and 24 months at an interest rate of 8.99% p.a. with a minimum transfer amount of RM 5000.