Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-i
This low interest card is based on Shariah concept and will accept charges only by Halal merchants and outlets. This straight forward credit card not only saves the cardholder from high interest rates and annual fees but also earns reward points on expenses charged to the card.
Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-I Benefits
The Bank Islam credit card is a Shariah compliant card that is accepted only at Halal Merchants. This Islamic credit card is a no frills credit card that not only allows the cardholder to save through their low interest rate of 13.5% p.a. but also gives the cardholder and his family peace of mind by through having any outstanding balances under the cover of Takaful insurance.
The card also earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on all local and overseas retail expenses. These rewards can be redeemed for exciting gifts through the TruRewards loyalty programme.
Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-I Features
The features of the Bank Islam Classic card-i are as follows
- The annual interest rate charged by the card is 13.5%.
- The annual fees for the card is RM 63.60 and is waived when the card is swiped for a minimum of 12 times in a year.
- The annual fees of the supplementary card is RM 31.80.
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is 5% of the outstanding amount.
- Any late payments attract a late payment penalty of 1% of the outstanding amount or RM 5.
- Cash withdrawals using this card attract a withdrawal fee of RM 12.72 or 2.65% of the withdrawn amount.
- Cash withdrawal limit is 50% of the available credit limit.
- The card provides complimentary Group Family Takaful coverage and covers amounts of up to RM 1000 for funeral expenses.
- The card has an easy payment plan with tenures from 3 months to 36 months for a minimum amount of RM 1000.
Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-I Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Bank Islam Gold Visa card-i is as follows
- The primary cardholder must earn an annual salary of RM 24,000 and above.
- Minimum age of Primary cardholder must be 21 years as at last birthday
- Minimum age of Supplementary cardholder must be 18 years as at last birthday.
- Any salaried or self-employed person can apply for the card if they meet the income and age criteria.
Other Credit Cards offered by Bank Islam
The other credit cards offered by this bank include
- Bank Islam Platinum Card-I
- Bank Islam Gold Card-I
Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-I Protection Plan
The Bank Islam Classic card-i provides the cardholder a complimentary Group Family Takaful coverage. This means in an unfortunate event resulting in total permanent disability or death of the cardholder that leads to failure of repayment of outstanding dues, the Takaful insurance will cover up to RM 100,000 of any outstanding amount.
The card also provides cover for funeral expenses to the tune of RM 1000.
Easy Payment Plan by Bank Islam Classic Credit Card-i
Bank Islam Classic card-I offers the cardholders an easy payment plan that allows them to spread large purchases from select retail merchants into smaller affordable instalments with tenures ranging from 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 and 36 months. The minimum receipt amount that can be converted to easy payment plan is RM 1000 and the interest charged is 0%.