Bank Islam Platinum Credit Card-i
This low interest credit card provides the benefits of a platinum card without the high expenses of annual fees and interest rates. It is a card with no frills attached and accepts charges only by Halal merchants.
Bank Islam Platinum Card-i Benefits
The Bank Islam platinum card is Shariah compliant platinum credit card. Unlike other platinum credit card, the Bank Islam Platinum card does not charge exorbitant interest rates. The rate of interest charged on this card is the same as every other card offered by Bank Islam and stands at 13.5% p.a.
Not only does the card offer low interest rates, it offers exclusive travel benefits including a complimentary travel insurance with a cover of up to RM 1 million and also access to an emergency help desk that assists in providing information on legal and medical enquiries and in cases of lost or stolen credit cards while travelling.
In addition to the travel benefits, the card also earns the cardholders reward points. The card earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on retail expenses, both overseas and locally. These reward points can be redeemed for electronic gadgets and appliances through the TruRewards Loyalty Programme.
Bank Islam Platinum Card-i Features
The features of the Bank Islam Platinum card-i are as follows
- The annual interest rate charged by the card is 13.5%.
- The annual fees for the card is RM 411.28 for the primary cardholder and is waived when the card is swiped at least 12 times a year.
- The annual fees for the supplementary card is RM 159.00.
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is 5% of the outstanding balance.
- Late payment penalty is 1% of the outstanding amount or RM 5 and is capped to a maximum of RM 50.
- This card charges the higher of RM 12.72 or 2.65% of the cash withdrawn as withdrawal fees.
- The maximum cash withdrawal limit is 50% of the cardholder’s available credit limit.
- The card features complimentary travel insurance with a cover of Up to RM 1 Million.
- The card has an easy payment plan with tenures from 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 months at interest rates starting from 0%.
Bank Islam Platinum Card-i Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Bank Islam Platinum card-i is as follows
- The primary cardholder must earn an annual salary of RM 84,000 and above.
- The minimum age of Primary cardholder should be at least 21 years as at last birthday.
- The minimum age of Supplementary cardholder should be at least 18 years as at last birthday.
- Any Malaysian salaried or self-employed person or a foreign national with a valid work visa can apply for the card if they meet the above income and age criteria.
Other Credit Cards offered by Bank Islam
The other credit cards offered by this bank include
- Bank Islam Classic Card-i
- Bank Islam Gold Card-i
Bank Islam Platinum Card-i Protection Plan
The Bank Islam Platinum card-i offers complimentary travel insurance which has a cover of up to RM 1 Million every time airfare is purchased solely using the card. This travel insurance also provides travel inconvenience benefits and compensates for lost baggage or delayed flights.
Easy Payment Plan by Bank Islam Platinum Card-i
Bank Islam Platinum Card offers the cardholders an option of spreading out large purchases over longer tenures through the easy payment plan. This plan is applicable only at select participating retail merchants. The available tenure options are 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months. The interest charged on this easy payment plan is 0% interest and charges no upfront handling fees. The minimum amount that can be converted into an easy payment plan is RM 1000 in a single receipt.