Bank Rakyat Classic Card-i
This Islamic credit card offers low interest rates that allow cardholders to save more In addition to the lower interest, the rewards earned by the card are converted to cash. Cardholders can receive cashback on all points accrued and also for being good paymasters.
Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card Benefits
The Bank Rakyat Classic Credit card-I is a card designed for everyday use and offers great savings not only in the way of low interest rates starting at 13.5% p.a. but the fact that the reward points earned by the card are converted back into cash. The credit card earns 1 reward point on every RM 10 charged onto the card. These reward points offer cashback at the rate of RM 0.10 for every 10 reward points and the points have no expiry date.
Not only does the credit card earn the cardholder cashback but cardholder can also avail up to 3% of profit rebate on Bank Rakyat’s loan facility. The card also provides the cardholder a complimentary Takaful cover.
Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card Features
The features of the Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card -i are as follows
- The Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card -i has no annual fees and is free for life.
- The supplementary card has o annual fees.
- The card has a 20 days interest free period.
- The minimum payment to be made every month is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount.
- The late payment penalty is 1% of the outstanding amount and is capped to a maximum of RM 100.
- The daily cash withdrawal limit is RM 5000.
- Cash withdrawals incur a withdrawal fee which is the higher of RM 21.20 or 3.18% of the withdrawn amount.
- The interest rate charged o cash withdrawals is 18%.
- The card is equipped with a complimentary group Family Takaful insurance.
- The credit card has a balance transfer plan with a tenure of 12 months.
Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card -i are as follows
- Any employed or self-employed person can apply provided they fulfil the income and age criteria.
- Minimum age for primary cardholder must be 21 years.
- Maximum age f the primary cardholder should be no more than 65 years of age.
- Minimum age for supplementary cardholder must be 18 years.
- Cardholder must earn a minimum annual salary of RM 24,000.
Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card Protection Plan
The Bank Rakyat Classic credit card-i offers a complimentary Group Family Takaful coverage. This Takaful cover protects the cardholders’ family in unfortunate events where the cardholder is unable to pay off the outstanding dues accrued through credit card usage due to circumstances of total permanent disability or the death of the cardholder. Not only are the outstanding dues of the credit card covered by Takaful but cardholders who opt for the balance transfer scheme can also avail the Takaful cover on the outstanding dues transferred onto the card.
Balance Transfer Plan by Bank Rakyat Classic Credit Card
Bank Rakyat offers the first of its kind balance transfer scheme in Malaysia. Cardholders can consolidate outstanding dues from credit card usage by transferring the amount onto their Bank Rakyat credit card at a tenure of 12 months and an interest rate of 9% p.a. The balance transfer plan is one of its kind because it is the only Balance transfer plan that offers cash rebates of up to 3%.