BBazaar Exclusive Deals for Credit Card
Enjoy a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 400 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM100
Get a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 200 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM50
Rewards cards let you earn rewards points for every Ringgit you spend through your card. You can earn points on purchases related to petrol, groceries, online stores, and more. Consider the following cards offered by some of the top banks in Malaysia. With these cards, you not only earn rewards on your spends, but you also can enjoy many other benefits, including cashback, lounge access, dining discounts and deals, air miles, and more.
BBazaar's Best Rewards Credit Cards in Malaysia 2019
Updated on 03 February 2019
|Credit Card||Rewards Points|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||
Local Expenses: 8x Rewards Points for shopping at Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall.
|Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card||
Local Expenses: 5x points on dining and purchases at department stores.
Overseas Expenses: 5x Rewards Points on overseas transactions.
|New AEON Classic Visa/ Mastercard||
Local Expenses: 2x AEON Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON outlets.
|BSN Platinum Mastercard Credit Card||
Local Expenses: 2x Happy Points on local dining, golf, and travel transactions.
Overseas Expenses: 2X Happy Points on retail purchases made across the globe.
|Citi Prestige Credit Card||
Local Expenses: 1x Citi Rewards point for every RM1 spent locally.
Overseas Expenses: 2x Citi Rewards points for every RM1 equivalent spent in foreign currency.
|Maybank 2 Platinum Cards||
Local Expenses: 5x TreatsPoints for every RM1 spent on your Maybank 2 American Express Card in Malaysia.
1x TreatsPoints for every local spend on your Maybank 2 Mastercard/VISA Cards.
Overseas Expenses: 25x TreatsPoints for overseas transactions on your Maybank 2 American Express Card overseas.
1x TreatsPoints for every overseas spend on your Maybank 2 Mastercard / VISA Card.
|Alliance Bank You:nique Rewards Credit Card||
2x Timeless Bonus Points for every RM1 spent locally.
2x Timeless Bonus Points for every RM1 spent overseas.
Here are the Best Rewards Credit Cards in Malaysia 2019
Updated on 03 February 2019
8x Rewards Points for shopping at Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall.
5x Rewards Points for shopping at other partner outlets.
1x Rewards Points for every RM1 spent.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
-(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
5x points on dining and purchases at department stores.
1x points on all other local expenses.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
5x Rewards Points on overseas transactions.(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
2x AEON Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON outlets.
4x AEON Member Points at AEON outlets. (Offer is only applicable on the 10th of every month).
2.5x Rewards Points on shopping during the AEON Member Privilege Day.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
-(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
2x Happy Points on local dining, golf, and travel transactions.
1x Happy Points on other local expenses.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
2X Happy Points on retail purchases made across the globe.(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
1x Citi Rewards point for every RM1 spent locally.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
2x Citi Rewards points for every RM1 equivalent spent in foreign currency.(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
5x TreatsPoints for every RM1 spent on your Maybank 2 American Express Card in Malaysia.
1x TreatsPoints for every local spend on your Maybank 2 Mastercard/VISA Cards.(Rewards Points for Local Expenses)
5x TreatsPoints for overseas transactions on your Maybank 2 American Express Card overseas.
1x TreatsPoints for every overseas spend on your Maybank 2 Mastercard / VISA Card.(Rewards Points for Overseas Expenses)
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
The HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is tailor-made for avid shoppers. The card offers reward points on transactions at participating outlets and other retail stores.Key Benefits
- 8x Rewards Points for your retail transactions at Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall.
- 5x Rewards Points on transactions at other participating malls.
- 1x Rewards Points for every RM1 spent locally.
- Use this card at participating malls for reward points.
- Swipe your card at partner restaurants for exclusive dining deals.
- Use this card for special discounts at spas and salons.
- Get exclusive deals at more than 6500 retail outlets.
- Enjoy a grace period of 20 days on every retail transaction.
- You need to have a minimum income of RM36,000 p.a. to qualify for this card.
- You won’t receive any reward points for charity transactions, payments to the government, and bank charges.
- Your reward points are only valid for 3 years.
- Those who use their credit cards for shopping at retail outlets.
Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card is ideal for those who spend locally and overseas frequently. The card comes with plenty of rewards and a lifetime fee waiver.Key Benefits
- 5,000 bonus points on spending (at least) RM1,500 every month.
- 5x Rewards Points on dining, overseas, and department store transactions.
- Rewards Points can be redeemed against exclusive gifts at the Standard Chartered Rewards Store.
- Use this card for your local and overseas purchases to enjoy Rewards Points.
- The card comes with a lifetime fee waiver.
- You can enjoy exclusive privileges across 4,000 stores in Malaysia, and Asia.
- You can only qualify for this card if your minimum income is RM36,000 p.a.
- You will be entitled to the 5,000 bonus points only when you make a minimum purchase of RM1,500 every month.
- Those who frequently use their credit card on overseas expenses.
- Those who use their card for dining and department store transactions.
New AEON Classic Visa/Mastercard
The New AEON Classic Visa/Mastercard offers exclusive benefits for shopping at AEON stores. You’ll enjoy both cashback and rewards points depending on the day you use the card.Key Benefits
- Enjoy amazing discounts on selected items while shopping at AEON and MaxValue stores.
- Get 2.5 Member Points when you shop at AEON stores on the AEON Member Privilege Day.
- Get 4 Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON Stores on the 10th of each month.
- Enjoy 2 Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON Stores.
- Earn 5% cashback while shopping on the AEON Thank You Day.
- Earn 2% cashback for shopping on the AEON Member day.
- Receive 500 AEON Member Points during the store’s Member Fiesta events.
- Use your AEON Visa/Mastercard at AEON outlets to unlock exclusive deals.
- Redeem your reward points against attractive gift vouchers.
- You will automatically qualify for the AEON-Xpress Easy Payment Scheme upon using your AEON Classic Visa/Mastercard.
- Enjoy exclusive deals while shopping at partner outlets.
- Enjoy the travel assistance program from any part of the world.
- You can only earn the 500 reward points when you spend at least RM200 a month.
- You will not be entitled to reward points when you make purchases on petrol.
- Your cashback will be capped at RM100 per month.
- You should have a minimum income of RM24,000 p.a. to qualify for the card.
- Those who spend on retail and household items with their credit cards.
BSN Platinum MasterCard
BSN Platinum MasterCard offers privileges, and reward points for your everyday shopping. Use this card for its miles redemption facility, overseas shopping privileges, and more.Key Benefits
- 2x Happy Points on local dining, golf, and travel.
- 2x Happy Points on overseas retail transactions.
- 1x Happy Points on every RM1 spent locally.
- Redeem miles, gift items, and exclusive shopping vouchers against your Happy Points.
- Low financing charges of 11% p.a. for government employees and 13.5% p.a. for private sector professionals.
- Access exclusive offers with the complimentary BSN Zing Miles Card.
- Enjoy a lifetime annual fee waiver.
- Use the BSN Platinum credit card for your local, and overseas transactions.
- Redeem shopping vouchers, gadgets, home décor items, and more with your reward points.
- Transfer your funds conveniently with BSN’s Balance Transfer Program.
- Get a free travel insurance up to RM1,000,000.
- Enjoy a 20 days interest free period from the last statement date of your retail transactions.
- You can enjoy the low financing rates and an interest-free period only if you settle your outstanding bills on time.
- You can enjoy the travel insurance only when you pay your entire travel fare with the BSN Platinum credit card.
- Those who use their credit cards for overseas shopping.
- Those who regularly shop at retail outlets with their credit cards.
Citi Prestige Credit Card
With this card, you get rewards on your transactions and enjoy deals on travel, entertainment, and shopping.Key Benefits
- Earn 1x Citi Rewards point for every RM1 you spend locally.
- Earn 2x Citi Rewards point for every RM1 equivalent that you spend in foreign currency.
- Get rewarded for your loyalty and earn relationship bonus points on your annual expenditure based on how long you’ve been a member.
- Swipe your card for all your local expenditures.
- Use your card for purchases in foreign currencies.
- Make use of your Citi Rewards points by offsetting past purchases from your card statement or redeeming them for merchandise from the catalogue.
- You can use your points to offset past purchases, and get merchandise, air miles, and hotel loyalty points with the Citi ThankYou rewards programme.
- Enjoy great complimentary travel perks like hotel night stays, rides from KLIA, unlimited airport lounge access, and global Wi-Fi access.
- Assistance from Citi Prestige Concierge for travel, entertainment, and logistic needs.
- Get 24/7 assistance from a Citi representative with the Citi Prestige Priority Line service.
- Enjoy access to exclusive events such as concerts, movie premiers, fashion shows, shopping extravaganzas, and more.
- Get 1-for-1 Gold class tickets for latest films at Golden Screen Cinemas.
- Get access to partner deals and discounts on shopping and dining experiences in various countries with Citi World Privileges.
- You won’t have to pay cash advance, over-limit, or late payment fees.
- Get the benefits of the Credit Shield Select insurance in case of critical illness, hospitalisation, or death.
- The complimentary night stay is only applicable when you book a minimum of 4 consecutive night stays at your hotel.
- The 1-for-1 Gold Class Tickets offer is only valid till 31 March 2019. This offer is only available at the Gardens Mall (GSC Signature), Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, and One Ultama Shopping Centre. This offer is not applicable to 3D movies and is capped at a maximum of 2 complimentary tickets per day.
- Those looking for travel related benefits with their card.
- Those who swipe their card for shopping, dining, entertainment, and other retail transactions.
Maybank 2 Platinum Cards
The Maybank 2 Platinum Cards give you the benefits of 2 cards. You can use these cards to earn points on your local and overseas transactions. Besides this, you can also get great deals on dining at selected hotels and restaurants.Key Benefits
- Benefits of two cards, Maybank 2 American Express Platinum Card and Maybank 2 Mastercard / Visa Platinum Card, with the same sign up and statement.
- 5x TreatsPoints on your Maybank 2 American Express Card for transactions in Malaysia.
- 5x TreatsPoints on your Maybank 2 American Express Card for transactions overseas.
- 1x TreatsPoints on your Maybank 2 Mastercard/Visa Card for transactions in Malaysia.
- 1x TreatsPoints on your Maybank 2 Mastercard/Visa Card for transactions overseas.
- Swipe your card every time you shop overseas.
- Use your card for all your local expenditure.
- Use your accumulated TreatsPoints for on-the-spot redemption with partner merchants or redeem your points by choosing something from the catalogue.
- 5% weekend cashback on your Maybank 2 American Express Card for transactions in Malaysia.
- 1x TreatsPoints for every RM1 spent on your Maybank 2 American Express Card at education institutions, insurance providers, for utilities, and the Maybank 0% EzyPay Instalment Plan.
- Lifetime annual fee waiver.
- Dining privileges at selected SPG Hotels & Resorts outlets in Malaysia.
- Travel insurance coverage of up to RM700,000 when you buy your travel tickets with your Maybank 2 Platinum Card.
- 5X TreatsPoints for petrol transactions is capped at RM500. You still get 1x TreatsPoints for every RM1 spent for petrol transactions that exceed RM500.
- There is a cap of RM50 per customer (principal cardmember) per month for the 5% Weekend cashback.
- You can only enjoy the dining privileges at participating hotels and restaurants.
- No TreatsPoints will be rewarded for transactions at Government Bodies or for payments via JomPAY and FPX.
- TreatsPoints are not awarded on transactions for Maybank EzyCash, Maybank EzyPay Plus, Cash Treats, Cash Advance, and Balance Transfer.
- Those who want to save more on shopping.Those who shop regularly locally and overseas with their card.
Alliance Bank You:nique Rewards Credit Card
With this card, you can earn points on your transactions and maximize your rewards on shopping. You can also personalise the card with a picture of your liking.Key Benefits
- Earn 2x Timeless Bonus Points (TBP) for every RM1 spent.
- Automatic enrolment into the Alliance OneBank Rewards Programme that allows you to earn Timeless Bonus Points on other Alliance financial products.
- Annual fee waived for the first 3 years.
- Swipe your card for all your local shopping needs.
- Redeem your Timeless Bonus Points for attractive merchandise from the OneBank Rewards Catalogue.
- You can earn points on both local and overseas transactions.
- After the first 3 years, the annual fee is waived only if you spend a minimum of RM5,000 or swipe this card 12 times within a 12-month period.
- TBP is not awarded for petrol and government services.
How To Choose The Best Rewards Card?
You can compare different credit cards according to the number of reward points they offer you. While making your pick, you should also consider the lifespan of these points, the different spend categories, and the gifts that can be redeemed against your points. Each of these cards have different benefits. So explore your options to choose the best rewards card that perfectly meets your requirements.
While each of these the cards offer amazing rewards, the Maybank 2 Platinum Cards stands out. This card gives you 5x TreatsPoints on your local, and international transactions regardless of the spend category. Additionally, you’ll also be eligible for exciting deals on dining and shopping.
Although there isn’t any limit on most of the spend categories, the card has a RM500 cap on your fuel bills. This means, you will be eligible for the 5x TreatsPoints only up to RM500, and expenses exceeding RM500 will earn you 1x TreatsPoints.
Let’s assume you’ve spent RM800 on groceries, RM600 on petrol, RM300 on shopping, and RM300 overseas in a particular month. According to Maybank’s Reward Program, the monthly rewards you’ll earn is calculated below:
|Spend Category||Amount Spent||Reward Programme||Card Type||Rewards Calculation||Total Rewards Earned|
|Grocery||RM800||5x||American Express||5 x RM800 = 4,000||4,000 TreatsPoints|
|Petrol||RM600||5x||American Express||5 x RM500 = 2,500 1 x RM100 = 100||2,600 TreatsPoints|
|Overseas||RM300||5x||American Express||5 x RM300 = 1,500||1,500 TreatsPoints|
|Shopping||RM300||1x||Visa/Mastercard||1 x RM300 = 300||300 TreatsPoints|
Since Visa/MasterCard offers lesser reward points than the American Express card, you can use it for smaller transactions.