BSN Classic Credit Card
This Islamic credit card from BSN allows cardholders to maximise their savings through low interest rates and no annual fees. This free for life card also provides the cardholder with Takaful travel insurance which provides peace of mind during travel.
BSN Classic Credit Card Benefits
This no frills credit card from BSN offers a low interest rate of 13.5% p.a. that helps cardholders maximise their savings and offers interest rates as low as 11% for government employees who are eligible. The card offers reward points for every Ringgit spent. The card earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on local retail expenses and 2 reward points for every RM 1 spent on retail expenses overseas. These reward points never expire and can be redeemed for exciting gifts in the BSN Happy Rewards Programme.
The credit card also offers great travel benefits which includes a complimentary Takaful travel insurance with a cover of up to RM 300,000.
BSN Classic Credit Card Features
The features of the BSN Classic Credit Card -i are as follows
- The BSN Classic Credit Card -i has no annual fees and is free for life.
- The supplementary card has o annual fees.
- The interest rate charged on this card is 13.5% p.a. and 11% p.a. for eligible government employees.
- Balance transfer plans are available on this card for tenures of 3, 6, 9, 12, 24 and 36 months with interest rates at 0%, 3.6% and 4.5% p.a. depending on the tenures.
- The card is equipped with an easy payment plan with tenures ranging from 3 months to 36 months with interest rates starting at 0%.
- Minimum monthly payment is 5% of the outstanding amount.
- Late Payment Penalty is 1% of the outstanding amount capped to a maximum of RM 75.
- Cash withdrawal incurs a fee of RM 53.
BSN Classic Credit Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the BSN Classic Credit Card -i are as follows
- Anybody fitting the income and age criteria can apply.
- Minimum age for primary cardholder must be 21 years.
- Minimum age for supplementary cardholder must be 18 years.
- Cardholder must earn a minimum annual salary of RM 24,000.
Other Credit Cards offered by Bank Simapanan Nasional
The other credit cards offered by this bank include
- BSN Platinum Credit Card
- BSN Gold Credit Card
Balance Transfer nPlan by BSN Classic Credit Card
The balance transfer plan available with the BSN Platinum Credit Card allows cardholders to consolidate outstanding dues from other credit cards onto their BSN classic credit card.
The balance transfer plans have the following tenures and interest rates.
Tenures available are 3, 6 and 9 months at an interest rate of 3.6% p.a. and requires a minimum amount of RM 500 to be transferred onto the balance transfer plan. The other tenures are 12 and 24 months at 0% interest with a minimum transfer amount of RM 1000 and 36 months at 4.5% p.a. with a minimum transfer amount of RM 2000.
BSN Classic Credit Card Review
The BSN classic card is catered for everyday use and provides reward points for all local retail expenses and twice the number of points for overseas expenses. Even though it is packed with value added features such as easy payment plans and balance transfer plans, one should make note of the terms and conditions that go with it. The easy payment plans require a minimum amount of RM 500 or above in a single receipt to convert into easy instalments and the 24 month tenure in the balance transfer plan charges 0% interest for the first 12 months only. The following 12 months charge 0.375% interest per month.