BSN Gold Credit Card
The BSN Gold card provides the cardholder low interest rates and has no annual fees. The card also earns reward points for expenses charged onto it which can be redeemed for the latest electronic gadgets and appliances and lets the cardholder extract maximum value from their purchases.
BSN Gold Credit Card Benefits
The Shariah compliant Bank Simpanan Nasional Gold Credit Card-I comes in both MasterCard and Visa. This low interest credit card is packed with features ranging from reward points to travel benefits. The BSN Gold credit card has a low interest rate of 13.5% p.a. and like other BSN credit cards, these rates are as low as 11% for eligible government employees. The cardholder will receive complimentary Takaful coverage every time airfare is purchased solely using the card.
The cardholder can stand to earn reward points on every expense charged to the card. The card earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on local retail expenses and 2 reward points for every RM 1 spent on retail expenses overseas. These reward points never expire and can be redeemed for the latest electronic gadgets and appliances in the BSN Happy Rewards Redemption Programme.
BSN Gold Credit Card Features
The features of the BSN Gold Credit Card -i are as follows
- The BSN Gold Credit Card -i has no annual fees and is free for life.
- The card charges 13.5% p.a. interest rate.
- Eligible government employees can avail interest rates at 11% p.a.
- Balance transfer plans are available on this card for tenures of 3, 6 and 9 months at 3.6% p.a. and tenures of 12 and 24 months at 0% p.a. and a tenure of 36 months at 4.5% p.a.
- This card has an Easy payment plan that can convert large purchases into 0% interest monthly instalments when shopping at select outlets with tenures of 3, 6, 12, 24 and 36 months.
- Minimum monthly payment to be made is 5% of the outstanding amount and any late payments attract a penalty of 1% of the outstanding amount capped to a maximum of RM 75.
BSN Gold Credit Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the BSN Gold Credit Card -i are as follows
- Malaysians who are either government employees, Private company employees, self-employed or foreign nationals with valid work permit meeting the age and income requirements can apply.
- Minimum age for Primary cardholder is 21 years of age.
- Minimum age for Supplementary cardholder needs is 18 years of age.
- Cardholder must draw a minimum annual salary of RM 36,000.
Other Credit Cards offered by BSN
The other credit cards offered by this bank include
- BSN Classic Credit Card
- BSN Platinum Credit Card
Balance Transfer Plan by BSN Gold Credit Card
The balance transfer plan available with the BSN Gold Credit Card -i allows cardholders to transfer outstanding credit card dues from other cards onto their BSN credit card.
The balance transfer plans have tenures of 3 months at 3.6% p.a. for a minimum amount of RM 500
- 6 and 9 months for minimum of RM 1000 and 3.6% p.a.
- 12 and 24 months for minimum of RM 1000 and 0% p.a.
- 36 months for minimum of RM 2000 at 4.5% p.a.
BSN Gold Credit Card Review
The BSN card is free for life without any conditions attached such as minimum number of swipes, etc.
The reward points never expire and the Takaful coverage provides a cover of up to RM 500,000. However, there are a few details to keep in mind such as the easy payment plan and balance transfer plan. The easy payment plan requires a minimum receipt amount f RM 5000 to be applicable for conversion and depending on the tenure chosen a one-time handling fee of 3% to 5% will be charged. The balance transfer plans have a range of tenures but the 24 month tenure is only 0% interest for the first 12 months following which the interest charged is 0.375% per month.