CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Credit Card
This card offers tiered cash rebates. The cash rebates availed range from 10% to 2% and cardholders can avail the cashback on a range of expenses right from the interest rates charged on the card to grocery expenses.
CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Card Benefits
The CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum as the name suggests offers unparalleled cashback on every expense charged on the card. This card is designed to maximise the savings of the cardholder on everyday expenses such as petrol or groceries. The rate of cashback offered is applicable to any spend amount and is offered at the following rates. For online expenditures the card offers cashback at the rate of 5% capped to RM 30 per month, petrol expenses fetch cashback of up to 2% capped at RM 50 per month, groceries, utility bills and mobile bills charged onto the card also fetch cashback at the rate of 2% capped to RM 50 per month. For any other retail expense charged to the card, the card offers uncapped cashback at the rate of 0.2%
CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Card Features
The features of the CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period
- The card is equipped with a 0% easy payment plan
- The card offers balance transfer plans with interest rates starting from 5.99% p.a.
- This card is free for life and charges no annual fees for both primary and supplementary cards
- The minimum monthly payment is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount. Any late payment incurs a penalty of 1% of the outstanding amount capped to RM 100 per month
- The card has a daily cash withdrawal limit of RM 5000 and cash withdrawal fee of RM 15.90 or 5.3% of the cash withdrawn. Cash withdrawals attract an interest rate of 18% p.a.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances through CIMB CashLite feature
CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum are as follows
- The minimum age should be primary cardholder at least 21 years of age
- The minimum age must be supplementary cardholder at least 18 years of age
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 24,000
- Only Malaysians with verifiable source of income can apply for this card
Other Credit Cards Offered by This Bank
The other credit cards offered by CIMB are
- CIMB Visa Signature
- CIMB Enrich World Card
- CIMB Platinum Business Card
- CIMB Enrich Platinum Card
- CIMB Visa Infinite Card
- CIMB World MasterCard
- CIMB Cash Rebate Gold
- CIMB Petronas Platinum
- CIMB Enrich Gold
Balance Transfer Plan by CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Credit Card
The CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum offers a balance transfer plan that helps cardholders manage their outstanding credit card dues effectively. The balance transfer plan has 2 tenure options of 6 and 12 months. The rate of interest charged is 5.99% p.a. and 7.99% p.a. for 6 and 12 months respectively. The minimum amount that can be transferred onto this plan is RM 1000 and above.
CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Credit Card Review
The card offers cashback on all expenses that one can incur in any given day. From petrol purchased at any station to utility bills to grocery shopping, this card not only provides the convenience of plastic money but helps the cardholder save while they’re swiping the card. Even interest rates applied on the card is subject to uncapped cashback. The card provides a 10% cashback on interest charges incurred by the card and this uncapped cashback is reflected in the monthly statements.