CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Credit Card
The everyday commuter’s best companion, the CIMB PETRONAS Platinum card offers cashback ranging from 3% to 7% for petrol expenses incurred at PETRONAS stations. Cardholders are entitled to discounts at SYM service outlets and CARs International worldwide.
CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Card Benefits
The CIMB PETRONAS Platinum MasterCard is a card catering to the everyday commuter and provides great cashback benefits on petrol and retail expenses. The cashback offered on petrol expenses charged onto the card is at the rate of 7% when the cardholder swipes the card for RM 3000 or more every month. The cashback offered on petrol is capped to RM 50 per month. If the petrol expenses are below RM 3000 a month, the cashback offered then is at the rate of 3% and is also capped to RM 50 per month. Apart from the petrol cashback, the card also offers a cashback of 0.2% for all other retail expenses charged to the card at any amount per month and this cashback is uncapped. The card provides a cashback of up to 10% when cardholders service their car at any Perodua Service Centre.
CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Card Features
The features of the CIMB PETRONAS Platinum MasterCard are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period.
- The card has an Easy payment with available tenures of 12, 24 and 36 months that allows cardholders to convert large purchases into affordable monthly instalments.
- The card has a Balance transfer plan with available tenures of 6 and 12 months for amounts starting from RM 1000 and upwards.
- The primary card has no annual fees and is free for life.
- The supplementary card has no annual fees.
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount.
- The card has a cash withdrawal fee which is the higher of RM 15.90 or 5.3% of the cash withdrawn. Cash withdrawals attract an interest rate of 18% p.a. and the daily limit on cash withdrawals is RM 5000.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances or cash loans on the available credit limit.
- Late payment penalty ae levied on untimely payments and is 1% of the outstanding amount capped to a maximum of RM 100.
CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the CIMB PETRONAS Platinum MasterCard are as follows
- The minimum age of primary cardholder should be 21 years of age.
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder should be 18 years of age.
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 24,000.
- Any Malaysian who is a government or private company employee or is self-employed can apply for this card.
Other Credit Cards Offered by CIMB
The other credit cards offered by CIMB are
- CIMB Visa Signature
- CIMB Enrich World Card
- CIMB Platinum Business Card
- CIMB Enrich Platinum Card
- CIMB Visa Infinite Card
- CIMB World MasterCard
- CIMB Cash Rebate Gold
- CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum
- CIMB Enrich Gold
Balance Transfer Facility by CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Card
The CIMB PETRONAS Platinum MasterCard offers a balance transfer plan with tenures of 6 months at 5.99% p.a. or 12 months at 7.99% p.a. The card also provides the cardholder the option of being able to finance a car through an easy payment plan with a tenure of 10 months at an interest of 0% when the cardholder puts a down payment for anew Perodua car.
CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Card Review
This card offers great commuter benefits. Be it a car or a bike, the card has benefits for both 2 and 4 wheel modes of transport. The car service at any Perodua Service Centre fetches a 10% cashback. The card also offers an easy payment plan for 10 months at 0% interest when cardholder purchases a Perodua car at authorised dealers and Perodua branches. For superbikes, the card fetches a discount a of up to 20% on original motorbike parts and spares at SYM service outlets.