Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Credit Card
Get first Class benefits both in the air and on the ground with the AirAsia Platinum credit card. Cardholders can now enjoy travel benefits and discounts at select establishments all around the globe.
Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Card Benefits
The Citibank AirAsia Platinum credit card provides travel benefits and caters to the frequent flyers of the low cost carrier, AirAsia. The benefits include upgrading existing tickets to business class seats, free inflight meals, discounted airfares and the choice of picking one’s seat. The card also provides discounts at over 24,000 establishments globally. The card earns big reward points as well with 1 reward point being earned for every RM 1 spent when the cardholder charges an amount of up to RM 500 on the card. If the expenses charged onto the card ranges from RM 501 to RM 5499, the reward points earned are 2 points for every RM 1 spent and if the expenses charged onto the card exceeds RM 6000 then the card earns 3 points on every RM 1 spent.
Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Card Features
The features of the Citibank AirAsia Platinum credit card are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period
- The card has an Easy payment with tenures ranging from 6 months to 36 months for amounts starting from RM 500.
- The card has a Balance transfer plan to consolidate outstanding credit card dues with a minimum balance transfer amount of RM 1000
- This primary card has an annual fees of RM 402.80 and can be waived for the first year when cardholder swipes the card at least 3 times within 60 days of the card being approved.
- The Supplementary card has no annual fees
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount.
- The card charges 18% p.a. on cash withdrawals and has a cash withdrawal fee which is the higher of RM 21.20 or 5.3% of the cash withdrawn. Cash withdrawal limit for daily basis is RM 5000.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances through Citibank Dial for Cash service
- Late payment penalty is 1% of the outstanding amount
Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Citibank AirAsia Platinum credit card are as follows
- The minimum age of primary cardholder is 21 years of age
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder is 18 years of age
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 60,000
- Malaysians who are either self-employed or government servants or private company employees and foreign nationals with a valid work permit can apply for this card
Other Credit Cards Offered Citibank
The other credit cards offered by Citibank are
- Citibank Cash Back Platinum
- Citibank Rewards Platinum
- Citibank Business Platinum
- Citibank AirAsia Gold Visa Card
- Citibank Platinum Credit card
- Citibank Clear Credit Card
- Citibank Giant-Citi credit card
- Citibank CitiBusiness Credit Card
Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Card Balance Transfer
The Citibank AirAsia Platinum credit card offers balance transfer plans to consolidate outstanding credit card dues. Cardholders can transfer their outstanding dues onto the card and repay it at a low interest rate of 2.99% p.a. The tenure of the balance transfer plan is 9 months with a minimum transfer amount set at RM 1000.
Citibank AirAsia Platinum Visa Card Review
The Citibank AirAsia Platinum credit card caters to frequent flyers, especially those who prefer flying with AirAsia. Cardholders receive early notification on deals and promotional offers and can stand to win package deals and enjoy exclusive fares. The benefits also cater to mid-air privileges such as AirAsia Business class upgrades and 2 pick a seat vouchers and 6 free inflight meals when the cardholder charges RM 30,000 and more annually onto the card.