Grocery Credit Cards Malaysia
Grocery credit cards are basically regular credit cards that offer extensive rewards and benefits when you make payments at select outlets on grocery purchases. Your credit card must be used to make payments if the offers are to be availed. A good amount of money can be saved by availing a grocery credit card. Each time you purchase groceries and swipe your card to make a payment at the store, you can claim discounts, cash back and other exciting offers if your card is linked with the store at which you make purchases.
Why Choose Grocery Credit Cards
Grocery credit cards make for fine savings instruments. Many individuals who wish to avail grocery credit cards are sceptical as there are so many other alternatives available to them. However, these cards have been specially tailored to meet the requirements of an extensive customer base. With that being said, shopping at listed outlets and malls can deliver significant advantages in the form of discounts ranging up to 10% or 8% cash back.
It is important to note that grocery credit cards also offer other benefits. For instance, the same credit card can be used while shopping for electronics, dining, entertainment and more. However, the rewards on offer for other purposes will be dictated by their respective terms and conditions.
Key Benefits and Features of Grocery Credit Cards
Up to 8% cash back at select grocery stores and supermarkets across Malaysia
Gift vouchers for spending a minimum amount of money at select grocery stores and supermarkets
Up to 10% discount on minimum spends
Reward points for minimum spends
Eligibility to Apply for Grocery Credit Cards
To apply for a grocery credit card, the following eligibility criteria must be met.
· The applicant must be of the minimum age specified by the bank (usually between 18 and 21 years of age)
· Must provide proof of a valid source of income
· Must provide proof of identity
· Must provide proof of residence
· Must provide any other document required by the bank for verification of eligibility
How to Apply for Grocery Credit Cards
Grocery credit cards can be availed with relative ease if you provide the bank with proof of a stable source of income and comply with the other criteria. To apply, simply select the bank that best meets your requirements, visit its website, redirect to the credit card section and take your pick. You will be required to fill up a form with a few personal and occupational details and submit the requisite documents for verification of eligibility. Within a short period of time (usually 15-20 days), the bank will notify you if you qualify for the facility and duly send your credit card to your work or residence.
Frequently Asked Questions on Grocery Credit Cards
Does the grocery credit card offer other benefits?
Yes. Grocery credit cards are not limited to providing benefits for groceries alone, but also for spends on other activities such as dining and shopping. The exact details of the benefits offered will vary depending upon the purpose of expenditure, but most benefits include reward points, cash back and attractive discounts.
What is the minimum age requirement for availing a grocery credit card?
Most banks require the applicant must be a minimum of 21 years of age, but some banks accept younger applicants too. Reading through the particular bank’s eligibility criteria will help you better understand the requirements.
What documents are accepted as proof of identity?
Applicants can submit their driving license, passport, election card, or any other document accepted by the bank as proof of identity.
What documents does the bank accept as proof of income?
Applicants must submit their salary slips along with a bank statement for the past three months as proof of income. Further verification checks may be conducted by the bank to confirm whether the furnished proofs suffice or if you must submit any other documents.
- Maybank Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- CIMB Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- UOB Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- Citibank Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- HSBC Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- Public Bank Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- Hong Leong Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- AmBank Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- AEON Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- Alliance Bank Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- RHB Credit Card Offers and Promotions
- Standard Chartered Credit Card Offers and Promotions
Useful Credit Card Articles
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Credit Card Balance Transfer Facility in Malaysia
|Read More Credit Card Articles|