Hong Leong Essential Credit Card
The tailor made card that earns an uncapped cashback on every expense which allows cardholders to earn while they spend.
Hong Leong Essential Card Benefits
The Hong Leong Essential card is designed to provide cardholders a card that helps them maximise their savings. The card earns a cashback of 1% that is uncapped on any expense of any amount charged onto the card. Apart from the cashback, the card also has a low interest rate charged on cash withdrawals. The cash withdrawals attract a preferential rate of 10.8% per annum. The card also offers cardholders the Hong Leong Dial for cash facility wherein cardholders can receive cash advances of up to 70% of their available credit limit at 10.8% p.a.
Hong Leong Essential Card Features
The features of the Hong Leong Gold credit card are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period
- The card has an Easy payment plan with available tenures ranging from 3 months to 36 months to convert large retail transactions to smaller instalments
- The card has a Balance transfer plan that has available tenures of 6 months and 12 months at low interest rates of 6.99% p.a.
- This primary card has an annual fees of RM 106. The annual fees are waived when the card is swiped at least 12 times a year or when RM 8000 has been charged onto the card
- The supplementary card has an annual fees of RM 53.00
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount.
- Late payment attracts a penalty of RM 10 or 1% of the outstanding amount which is capped to a maximum of RM 100.
- Rate of interest on cash withdrawals is a low 10.8% p.a. and the daily limit for withdrawing cash is RM 5000. The cash withdrawal fee is 5.3% of the cash withdrawn.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances of up to 70% on their available credit limit through Hong Leong Bank Call for Cash service
Hong Leong Essential Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Hong Leong Essential credit card are as follows
- The minimum age of primary cardholder is 21 years of age
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder is 18 years of age
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 24,000
- Anybody either a private company employee or a government servant with required income and age can apply for this card
Other Credit Cards Offered by Hong Leong
The other credit cards offered by Hong Leong are
- Hong Leong American Express Classic
- Hong Leong MATTA Card
- Hong Leong Wise Gold Card
- Hong Leong GSC Gold Card
- Hong Leong American Express Platinum
- Hong Leong Classic Card
- Hong Leong Platinum Visa
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Gold Card
- Hong Leong Fortune Credit card
- Hong Leong Gold Card
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Platinum Card
Hong Leong Essential Card Balance Transfer
The Hong Leong Essential credit card offers cardholders a balance transfer plan with no one time upfront handling fees and other hidden costs that allows them to consolidate their outstanding credit card dues by paying lower interests for specific tenures. The available tenures under this plan are 6 months and 12 months. The interest rate charged is 6.99% p.a. and the minimum amount that has to be transferred for this plan is RM 1000.