Hong Leong MATTA Credit Card
The credit card that is needed as much as a passport while traveling overseas, this card offers great rewards for the frequent flyer including cashback on overseas expenses and free travel accident insurance.
Hong Leong MATTA Card Benefits
The Hong Leong MATTA credit card caters to the frequent traveller. The card earns cashback on all overseas retail expenses that are above RM 1 in a single receipt at the rate of 1% and is capped to a maximum of RM 100. The card also earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on all retail expenses, both locally and overseas. The card provides complimentary travel accident insurance with a cover of up to RM 1.7 Million and provides inconvenience benefits for incidents of lost baggage or delayed flights.
Hong Leong MATTA Card Features
The features of the Hong Leong MATTA credit card are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period
- The card has an Easy payment that converts large retail purchase into smaller instalments for amounts starting from RM 100
- The card has a Balance transfer plan with tenures of 6 and 12 months
- This primary card has an annual fees of RM 318 which is waived for the first year if the card is swiped once within 45 days of it being approved and for the subsequent years, the fees are waived when the card is swiped 12 times in a year.
- The supplementary card has an annual fees of RM 159
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is 5% of the outstanding amount.
- The card charges 18% p.a. on cash withdrawals and has a cash withdrawal fee of 5.3% of the cash withdrawn. The daily limit for withdrawing cash is RM 5000.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances through Hong Leong Bank Call for Cash service
- Late payment penalty is 1% of the outstanding amount capped to a maximum of RM 100
Hong Leong MATTA Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Hong Leong MATTA credit card are as follows
- The minimum age of primary cardholder is 21 years of age
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder is 18 years of age
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 60,000
- Anybody, either a private company employee or a government servant, meeting the required age and income criteria can apply for this card
Other Credit Cards Offered by Hong Leong
The other credit cards offered by Hong Leong are
- Hong Leong American Express Classic
- Hong Leong American Express Gold
- Hong Leong Wise Gold Card
- Hong Leong Platinum Card
- Hong Leong GSC Gold Card
- Hong Leong American Express Platinum
- Hong Leong Classic Card
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Platinum
- Hong Leong Gold Card
- Hong Leong Fortune Credit card
- Hong Leong Essential Card
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Gold Card
Hong Leong MATTA Card Balance Transfer
The Hong Leong MATTA credit card offers balance transfer plans with available tenures of 6 months and 12 months at an interest rate of 6.99% p.a. that help cardholders consolidate outstanding credit card dues. The minimum transfer amount under this plan is RM 1000.
Hong Leong MATTA Card Review
The main benefit of this card is caters to travel. The card offers cashback of 1% capped to RM 100 on all overseas expenses that are above RM 1 in a single receipt. The card also provides insurance with a cover of RM 1.7 million every time airfare is purchased using only the card. The insurance also provides inconvenience benefits for lost baggage, delayed flights and medical expenses incurred overseas.