Hong Leong Platinum MasterCard Credit Card
Enjoy a world of platinum benefits with the Hong Leong Platinum card. Get preferential rates on foreign exchange and travel the world with benefits such as free travel insurance.
Hong Leong Platinum Card Benefits
The Hong Leong Platinum credit card comes in both MasterCard and Visa. It mainly caters to the frequent traveller and provides great rewards including cashback. The card provides a cashback of 0.2% capped at RM 50 a month when the cardholder spends anywhere between RM 10,000 upwards to RM 25,000 a month on retail expenses. The card offers cashback at the rate of 0.5% capped to RM 250 when the cardholder spends RM 25,001 and up to RM 50,000 a month on retail expenses and earns uncapped 2% cashback on retail expenses exceeding RM 50,000 a month. The card also earns 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on retail expenses except petrol both locally and overseas. The travel benefits of this card include a comprehensive travel insurance that is free of charge and a 24 hour concierge service that is available 24 hours a day.
Hong Leong Platinum Card Features
The features of the Hong Leong Platinum credit card are as follows
- The interest rate charged on this card is 15% p.a.
- The card has a 20 day interest free period
- The card has an Easy payment plan available at select merchants with available tenures ranging from 3 months to 36 months
- The card has a Balance transfer plan that has available tenures of 6 months and 2 months at low interest rates
- This primary card has an annual fees of RM 424.
- The first supplementary card is a complimentary card but any successive supplementary cards availed will have an annual fees of RM 212
- The minimum monthly payment to be made is RM 50 or 5% of the outstanding amount.
- Late payment attracts a penalty of 1% of the outstanding amount.
- Rate of interest on cash withdrawals is 18% p.a. and the daily limit for withdrawing cash is RM 5000. The cash withdrawal fee is 5.3% of the cash withdrawn.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances on their available credit limit through Hong Leong Bank Call for Cash service
Hong Leong Platinum Card Requirements or Eligibility
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Hong Leong Platinum credit card are as follows
- The minimum age of primary cardholder is 21 years of age
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder is 18 years of age
- The minimum annual income required to apply for this card is RM 60,000
- Anybody with the required source of income and age can apply for this card
Other Credit Cards Offered by Hong Leong
The other credit cards offered by Hong Leong are
- Hong Leong American Express Classic
- Hong Leong MATTA Card
- Hong Leong Wise Gold Card
- Hong Leong GSC Gold Card
- Hong Leong American Express Platinum
- Hong Leong Classic Card
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Platinum
- Hong Leong Gold Card
- Hong Leong Fortune Credit card
- Hong Leong Essential Card
- Hong Leong The Store and Pacific Gold Card
Hong Leong Platinum Card Balance Transfer
The Hong Leong Platinum credit card offers cardholders an effective way of consolidating outstanding credit card dues. Cardholders can transfer their outstanding dues from other bank credit cards onto their Hong Leong credit card and pay it off in tenures of low interest. The available tenures under this plan are 6 months and 12 months at an interest rate of 6.99%.
Hong Leong Platinum Card Review
The platinum card from Hong Leong is a traveller’s best companion and provides great perks whether the cardholder is travelling or not. 1 reward point for every RM 1 spent on local and overseas retail expenses coupled with cashback at 2% uncapped for expenses exceeding RM 50,000 is a great way to ensure the cardholder not only receives points for the expenses incurred but also has a chance to maximise savings through cashback earned. The card provides comprehensive travel insurance with cover for inconveniences such as lost baggage or flight delays. It even allows the cardholder to avail free hotel room upgrades.