HSBC Balance Transfer Programme allows you to save on interest by giving you the flexibility to transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC Credit Card. This programme has different plans catering to your repayment capacity.
Balance Transfer Programme in Tabular Form
||0% per month
|For new credit cardholders
Benefits of HSBC Balance Transfer
The following are the benefits of this programme:
- This balance transfer programme allows you to choose from 4 different plans.
- The programme offers you lower interest rates allowing you to clear off your existing dues faster.
How to Complete HSBC Balance Transfer
- You can apply for the plan by visiting the nearest HSBC branch and requesting for an application. The duly filled application form must contain details of the oher bank credit card account that they wish to transfer the balance from.
Terms & Conditions
The following are the applicable terms and conditions:
- The minimum balance transfer amount under this programme is RM1,000.
- It will take 10 working days for the transfer of your outstanding balance to your HSBC Bank Credit Card account. This will be from the date of approval of the balance transfer application.
- On the expiry of the tenure, the normal balance transfer finance charges of 1.50% per month (or 18% p.a.) will apply. This is calculated on a daily basis.
- The bank reserves the right to make any changes in the Terms and Conditions by giving 3 days prior notice.
- The bank is not liable for any default occurrence due to war, natural calamities, act of God, riots etc.
Q. what is the maximum amount i can transfer?
A. The HSBC Balance Transfer Programme allows for you to transfer an amount of up to 95% of your available credit limit.
Q. Can i transfer an amount onto my HSBC card issued in Singapore?
A. No. The balance transfer can only be carried out on HSBC cards issued in Malaysia.
Q. Under what circumstances can my application for balance transfer can be rejected?
A. Your balance transfer application can be rejected under the following circumstances:
- If the outstanding balance is more than RM75,000.
- If the outstanding balance do not meet the minimum prescribed amount criteria.
- If you have insufficient credit limit in your account.
- If the balance transfer is a security breach.
- If the accounts of you other bank’s credit is not is a good position.
Q. Are there any qualifying conditions for the balance transfer programme?
A. Yes. The following are the conditions:
- You should have the sufficient credit limit available.
- You are eligible to participate only if you maintain your account in good standing.
Q. What happens if I fail to make the payment as mentioned in my statement within the due date?
A. If you fail to pay the HSBC Credit Card Outstanding Balance amount that is mentioned in your statement, then the applicable finance charges will be imposed.
Other Bank Balance Transfer Plans