BBazaar Exclusive Deals for Credit Card
Enjoy a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 400 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM100
Get a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 200 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM50
MSOS Code uses one-time-password for the online transaction which is also the extension of American Express SafeKey, 3D- Secure solution and VBV/ MasterCard SecureCode. This Code enhances security and helps you take advantage of mobile communication on which you receive the MSOS Code. The transaction is complete only after you have entered the MSOS Code.
Process of making an online purchase with MSOS Code
The following is the process to make an online purchase:
- Step 1: Ensure that your mobile number is the same number that you have registered with Maybank.
- Step 2: Fill in the card details for authentication purposes at the merchant website.
- Step 3: You will then be directed to Maybank’s authentication page where you will have to key in the MSOS Code that you will receive on your mobile phone. The Code will be sent to your mobile phone within 30 to 45 seconds.
- Step 4: Re-check if the mobile number is the same as the one shown in Maybank’s authentication page. If not, you can call the customer care hotline at 1-300-88-6688.
- Step 5: Enter the MSOS Code and click submit to complete the authentication process and proceed with the payment.
Purpose of MSOS
Opt for MSOS because:
- E-commerce merchants wish to opt for safer modes of transaction as the cost associated with fraud and dispute handling is too high.
- Most merchants will be unwilling to accept payments online due to the possible fraudulent transactions.
- You as a consumer will not have to be concerned with the security risk of shopping online.
Benefits of using MSOS
The following are the benefits of using the MSOS Code:
- By reducing the risk of fraud, you get a great control over the online purchases.
- Card member will have confidence while making purchases online.
- Card members and merchants are protected from fraudulent transactions.
- Internet Credit or Charge Card payments become safer as you will be facilitating an online connection between card members and Maybank at the time of purchase.
- The activation is done immediately once the mobile number is updated.
- This service is free of cost.
- Transactions made using MSOS Code are safe.
FAQ’s of MOSS
Can I make an online purchase if my mobile number is not updated with Maybank?
A. No, you cannot make an online purchase if your mobile number is not updated with Maybank.
What is the need of MSOS Code?
A. It is an added security and as it is sent to your registered number, it validates if the person initiating the purchase is the rightful owner of the card that is being used for the purchase.
How can I check if my mobile number is updated?
A. When you are making an online purchase, you will be directed to an authentication page where the first and last four digits of your mobile number will be shown. If that differs from your mobile number, then you have to call the customer care service.
How can I go about updating my contact detail?
A. You can call the customer care centre or any of the following numbers:
- Premier Card: 1-800-22-1111
- Platinum: 1-800-881-801
- General line: 1-300-88-6688
How long do I have to wait to make a transaction after updating my contact details?
A. You can make an online transaction after 24 hours of updating the contact details.
How long does it take for me to receive the OTP?
A. You will get the MSOC Code or the one-time-password within 30-45 seconds.
What happens if I don’t receive the Code?
A. You have to first confirm if the mobile number prompted on the authentication page is correct, if it is, contact the customer care or hit the ‘Resend MSOS Code’ button. You can hit that button only 3 times.
Is MSOS mandatory for Visa and Master cards?
A. Yes, it is mandatory for Visa and Master cards.
Can I make overseas online transactions?
A. Yes, but you have to turn on the roaming service on your mobile phone while making such transactions.
If I’m staying overseas and the mobile number is not on roaming, will I receive the MSOS Code?
A. No, if the mobile number is not on roaming, you won’t receive the MSOS Code.