Choosing the right credit card from a huge pile of cards is no ordinary feat. Every card will offer you different features and benefits. There are different categories of credit cards- rewards cards, shopping cards, petrol cards, and cashback cards etc. You will have to select a card that’s best suited for you. To make this choice easier, here’s our list of the top 10 credit cards in malaysia.
- Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard:The card offers savings on bill payments, petrol expenses and other online purchases along with monthly and yearly cashback. The card comes with an annual fee waiver for the first year. You can earn up to 15% cashback on your retail, petrol, and online purchases every month. You can also earn up to RM1,000 cashback each year if you charge your expenses to the card. The card also offers various deals and promotions such as free movie tickets, cashback on taxi rides, etc.
- Hong Leong WISE Credit Card:Through this card, you can enjoy up to 10% cashback every month on categories of your choice that may include shopping, grocery, petrol, etc. You need to spend RM2,000 each calendar month to qualify for the cashback. The card offers a higher cashback of up to RM100 every month throughout the year. You also get the facility to switch your select categories whenever you wish.
- AmBank CARz Platinum MasterCard:The card caters to motorists and their vehicle related needs, by offering discounts and cashback along with an array of value-added services to choose from. You can get up to 5% cash rebates on your petrol transactions with this card. The rebates are capped at RM80 per card every month. Furthermore, you will obtain 2% rebate on making the full payment of your petrol purchase on the card. A free travel insurance cover of up to RM1 million is also provided to you.
- CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum MasterCard:The credit card offers you cash rebate of 2% on online shopping in foreign currency and 5% cash rebates on petrol, cinema, grocery, and utility bills. Your other online retail purchases will fetch you 0.2% cash rebate. You are entitled to get a rebate of 5% on the statement balance of RM3,000 and above and 2% cash rebate for statement balance below RM3,000.
- HSBC Visa Signature Credit Card:The card is exclusively designed for the frequent traveller. It offers you reward points at a higher rate on overseas expenses, shopping malls and online transactions. 8X reward points will be given on your international expenditures and online purchases in foreign currencies. You can earn up to 5X reward points on local mall expenses and domestic online purchases. Additionally, the card comes with complimentary lounge access facility at Plaza Premium Lounges in Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- OCBC World MasterCard:The card comes with an annual fee waiver for first three years and offers cash rebates on your retail purchases and travelling expenses. You can enjoy 1.2% cash rebate on monthly transactions of up to RM1,000. Monthly statement balances exceeding RM1,000 will earn a 0.6% cash rebate. Furthermore, a complimentary personal accident insurance of up to RM2 million is provided to you on this card when you charge your full airfare on it. Complimentary lounge access at KLIA is another added perk offered by the card.
- Public Bank Visa Signature Credit Card: The credit card comes with an annual fee waiver facility for the first year. Subsequently, you can save on the annual fees by swiping the card for minimum 12 times in a year. It offers 6% cashback on dining, grocery, and online purchases. You can earn 1 VIP Point for every RM1 spent on retail expenses, and your VIP Points are redeemable for Air Miles and gift vouchers. You get 2 complimentary access passes to Malaysia Plaza Premium Lounge every year and a free automatic travel insurance cover worth RM500,000.
- Maybank Islamic MasterCard Ikhwan Gold Credit Card: Annual fee of this card is waived for life. With every RM200 charged to the card, the cardholder would receive 1 entry into the Umrah draw which gives a free Umrah package or holiday package (for non-muslims) The card also earns a 5% cash rebate on petrol and grocery expenses incurred on Fridays and Saturdays capped to a maximum of RM50 per month.
- UOB One Credit Card:The credit card offers you up to 8% cash rebates on your movie expenses charged to the card at Golden Screen Cinemas. The card also offers cash rebates on everyday expenses such as 5% cash rebate on weekend petrol expenses and 2% rebate on weekend grocery expenses.
- Maybank 2 Cards Premier: The card comes with an array of benefits that include fast air miles conversion, treat miles, and dining privileges among others. You can redeem your Treat Points (TP) for Air Miles. Here, you can obtain 1,000 Air Miles for 4,770 Treat Points. Every RM1 spent locally or overseas will earn you 5 TP. Moreover, you can enjoy a complimentary accidental and TPD cover of up to RM2 million. The card also offers you dining discount of up to 50% at local restaurants and 20% off on accommodation. If you have the card, you can access 86 golf courses around the world.
All these cards come with varying features and benefits. Based on your needs and eligibility, you can choose the best-suited card to maximise the utility derived from each expense charged to it.