BBazaar Exclusive Deals for Credit Card
Enjoy a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 400 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM100
Get a Free PETRON Gift Voucher of RM 200 & Touch 'N' Go Card of RM50
UOB Easi-Payment Plan
The UOB Easi-Payment Plan (EPP) is one of the main features of UOB credit cards in Malaysia. With this feature, any large retail purchase you make using your card can be converted in to fixed, interest-free instalments.
These instalments can be paid over flexible repayment periods that go up to 18 months. If a single transaction doesn’t cut it, you can always convert multiple transactions in to a single EPP.
Features of UOB Easi-Payment Plan
|Repayment Tenure (months)||Upfront Interest Rate (%)||Minimum Amount|
- Choose from flexible repayment tenure options – 6, 12, or 18 months.
- An upfront interest is charged for the repayment facility starting from 2%.
- The status of your credit card account must be satisfactory.
- The purchase amount must be within the available credit limit of your card.
- The minimum total purchase amount must be RM500 to be eligible for EPP.
List of Credit Cards Featuring UOB Easi-Payment Plan
Earn 5x Uniringgit for every RM1 spent on flights, hotels, and travel agencies
15% p.a. - 18% p.a.
How Does the UOB Easi-Payment Plan Work?
- Make a retail purchase worth a minimum amount of RM500 to convert your purchase to EPP.
- You are required to make an upfront payment of the applicable interest in the first month along with the first month’s instalment.
- The purchase amount will be divided into equal monthly instalments for repayment.
- If you pay the full monthly instalment amount by the due date, you will not be charged additional interest.
- On approval, your credit limit will be reduced by the approved amount.
How Do You Apply for the UOB Easi-Payment Plan?
- Send an SMS from a registered mobile number in the format – UOBP2
- Contact the Call Centre and request the representative for EPP.
- Fill out the application form that is available on the bank’s website and mail it to UOB Card Centre located in Kuala Lumpur. You can also send the form via fax to 03 2690 0121.
The UOB Easi-Payment Plan is a flexible payment option that can help ease your financial burden. With the EPP, you no longer have to hold back on retail shopping, whether you’re in Malaysia or travelling overseas. All those large purchases that seemed out of reach can now be converted in to affordable monthly repayments.
FAQs on UOB Easi-Payment Plan
Q. Is the scheme applicable for a supplementary card?
A. Yes. Supplementary cards are also eligible to apply for UOB EPP.
Q. When can I apply for EPP?
A. You can apply for EPP within 60 days from the date of purchase.
Q. Should the minimum spend be made in a single transaction?
A. The minimum spend of RM500 can be made in a single receipt or as multiple transactions.
Q. Can I cancel the approved EPP?
A. Yes. You can cancel the scheme by providing a written notice. However, you may have to pay a cancellation fee of RM50.
Q. Can I use EPP for cash advance?
A. No. EPP cannot be used for transactions, like cash advances, balance transfers, etc.