Customise the way you pay with the Alliance Hybrid Standard Debit Card-i. Get the most from your overseas expenses and make hassle-free payments from your Alliance bank Savings/Current Account-i at your convenience. Some of the major benefits that come with this card are:
- Cashback of 1% on all overseas expenses up to a limit of RM50 per month.
- Personalised limits set by you on the daily transaction amounts at ATM & Point-of-Sale purchases.
Ideal for: Those who are looking for Mastercard benefits and privileges on debit card transactions.
Key Features and Benefits
|Daily POS limit||Default limit of RM1,000. Can be extended up to RM5,000.|
|Daily ATM limit||Default limit of RM3,000. Can be extended up to RM10,000.|
|24*7 banking||Check account balance and transaction details via:
|Cashback||1% on all overseas expenses with a limit of up to RM50 per month.|
|Contactless Transaction||Available at:
|MyDebit Contactless and PIN payments||You can use MyDebit Contactless for merchants with the MyDebit facility to up to RM250 of purchases. For purchases above RM250, you need to key in your 6-digit PIN along with Contactless payment.|
The debit card offers certain additional benefits, such as:
- Withdraw cash at over 1 million ATMs enabled with MEPS or Cirrus.
- Use the debit card for payments with 29 million Mastercard or MyDebit merchants located worldwide.
- Easily change the limit of contactless payments according to your convenience to a maximum of RM250 for each withdrawal and RM750 of daily cumulative withdrawals.
- Pre-authorise your debit card with RM200 for hassle-free fuel transactions all over Malaysia.
- Activate SMS alerts for your card and get notifications for any activity in your current/savings account and card.
- Minimise the need to travel with your debit card with the Card-not-Present (CNP) facility.
- Make secure payments with mandatory 6-digit PIN entry for all payments, excluding auto-debit and online transactions, made with this card.
Fees and Charges
|MEPS cash withdrawal||
|Sales draft Retrieval Fee||RM20 per copy.|
|CIRRUS cash withdrawal||RM8 per withdrawal.|
|CIRRUS balance inquiry||RM1 per enquiry.|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||Exchange rate will be applicable as finalised by Mastercard or Visa International on the date of processing. An additional 1% will be charged by Alliance Bank for all transactions.|
How to Apply
The Alliance Hybrid Standard Debit Card-i can be applied online at the Alliance Bank website. If you have a Savings/Current account-i with the bank, you can apply for the card by filling in the details such as name, contact number, and other details. An official from the bank shall contact you post application in order to guide you through the remaining process to get the debit card.
Alliance Hybrid Standard Promotions
- Win a Honda Civic 1.8S or prizes worth RM300,000 while using FPX as a payment option for various merchant payments. Offer valid on transactions made between 1 August 2018 and 31 October 2018.
- Enjoy movies at TGV cinemas with ticket prices as low as RM12 when using Masterpass by Mastercard to book tickets with the TGV Cinemas mobile app.
The card provides the convenience of secure and easy payments and gives cashback benefits. It can be used in conjunction with cashback credit cards. Make the most of your overseas expenses and enjoy a variety of payment methods for your transactions. Go through the terms and conditions before applying for the card.
Q. Can I link more than one account to my debit card?
A. You can link up to 7 accounts with the card. One of them should be specified as the designated account for your card.
Q. My contact number has changed. Do I need to inform the bank?
A. Yes. You should immediately inform the bank in writing about the change in your contact number. Visit any Alliance Bank branch across Malaysia and inform them about the change in order to continue getting updates about activities on your card and accounts.
Q. Can I get SMS alerts with my Alliance Hybrid AP Standard Debit Card-i?
A. The services that are available by SMS for the card are as follows:
- International & Local Contactless Pay.
- Card-Not-Present, including online and mail order and telephone orders (MOTO).
- Overseas POS (Point-of Sales) terminals.
- Overseas withdrawal of cash.
Q. What are the services with which I can use CNP and overseas transactions?
A. The following transactions are supported upon activation by the bank:
- Online transactions.
- Auto debit/ recurring transactions.
Q. What do I need to pre-authorize my debit card?
A. You need to inform the bank in order to activate pre-authorization facilities. An excess of RM200 in your card should be available for this service. Pre-authorization can be done for fuel transactions only. RM200 shall be temporarily held for 3 days when making fuel transactions at self-service pumps. Post 3 days, the money held shall be refunded and the actual transaction amount shall be deducted from the account.
Q. Where can I get more information about my card and other facilities available with Alliance Bank?
A. You can contact the bank at 03-5516 9988, or log into the Alliance Bank website, or visit any of its branches across Malaysia.