With the Great Wall International Debit Card, you can manage your savings efficiently and make secure payments for all transactions. The card has two versions, which are enabled with UnionPay and Mastercard. Some of the key benefits of the card are:
- Get access to over 2.1 million ATMs located globally, which are enabled with Mastercard.
- Enjoy hassle-free banking with the internet banking facility known as BOCNet.
Ideal for: People looking for a safe payment gateway for their expenses and payments.
Key Features and Benefits
|Daily Withdrawal Limit||
|Daily Purchase Limit||Up to RM10,000 every day.|
|Types of accounts||
|Chip and PIN facility||Available.|
The debit card offers other additional benefits, such as:
- Make retail purchases of up to RM5,000 daily, extendable to a maximum limit of RM10,000.
- Pay with a wave of your card with the contactless payment facility, up to a single transaction and daily limit of RM250.
- Withdraw money from ATMs up to a daily limit of RM5,000, extendable to RM10,000.
- Make retail transactions at all local and overseas merchants which are affiliated to Mastercard or UnionPay.
- Enjoy secure payments through the Mastercard 3D Secure facility for the Mastercard debit card.
- Get free withdrawals at all BOCM ATMs located in the country.
- Pay no charges for the first two withdrawals in a month made at any Mastercard or UnionPay enabled ATMs.
- Make balance enquiries at any time from anywhere across the world.
- Pay low withdrawal fees at any Bank of China ATM located in China.
- Make card-not-present transactions with the debit card.
- The UnionPay debit card is a dual currency debit card where you can link BOCM Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) Savings / Current Account and a Chinese Yuan (CNY) Current Account.
- Choose the payment routing method with the UnionPay debit card account.
Fees and Charges
|Card Replacement Fees||
|Balance Enquiry Fee||No charge.|
|Cashback Fee (Cash Withdrawal through selected MyDebit POS shops)||RM1|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||
|Overseas Transaction Fees||For any transactions made overseas, the conversion rate will be determined on the date of processing as per the guidelines of Mastercard Worldwide or UnionPay International. An additional charge of 2% or 1% respectively of the total transaction amount shall be charged as well.|
|Pre-authorisation amount||RM200 shall be deducted and put on hold when fuel transactions are made. After 3 days, the amount shall be returned and the actual transaction amount shall be deducted from the account.|
- You need to be 18 years of age.
- You should have a Bank of China Malaysia Savings or Current Account.
How to Apply
You can apply easily for the debit card by visiting any branch of the Bank of China Malaysia located in the country. You are required to submit a set of documents along with the application. The documents include:
- A copy of the applicant’s photo identification document, such as MyKad or passport (both front and back).
- A copy of the Bank of China Malaysia MYR Savings or Current account
- For foreign nationals: Valid working permit or student pass (with a validity of 3 months at least) issued by Malaysia.
With this debit card you can enjoy a host of Mastercard or UnionPay privileges. The UnionPay feature eliminates the need to apply for a new card when shuttling between China and Malaysia. Compare various debit cards and apply for the one that suits your lifestyle requirement.
Q. What are the different ways in which I can enquire about the balance of my card?
A. You can know about the balance available in your debit card through BOCM ATMs, call centres, Mastercard enabled ATMs, and BOCNet internet banking.
Q. How can I update the settings of my card?
A. You can enquire and update any settings on the card by logging into the BOCNet internet banking website, or by contacting the call center.
Q. What are the charges for getting a sales draft retrieval copy?
A. You can get a sales draft retrieval copy for RM21.20. This charge is inclusive of GST.
Q. Can the contactless payment limit be extended?
A. Yes. You can extend the limit of your daily transactions to a maximum limit of RM1,000.
Q. How are deductions made with the UnionPay debit card?
A. When you make transactions in mainland China, payments will be made from the Union Pay account which shall be a Chinese Yuan account. In case sufficient balance is not available, deductions with applicable charges will be made from the Malaysian Ringgit account.
Q. Can I make contactless payments outside Malaysia?
A. No. Contactless payments cannot be made in outlets outside Malaysia.
Q. Can my 14 year old son use the Youth Debit Card to buy books?
A. No. You cannot make retail transactions with the Youth Debit Card.