Bank Rakyat Debit Card-i is a Shariah-compliant card based on the concept of Wakalah Bil Ujrah. You can use this card for retail and online transactions. The card also lets you withdraw cash from financial institutions that accept Mastercard transactions.
- Use this card as an alternative to cash and cheques.
- Withdraw cash from any financial institutions that accept Mastercard transactions.
Key Features and Benefits of this Card
|Types of Account||Any Shariah-compliant savings account-i.|
|PIN and Pay||Available with this card.|
|Overseas Transactions||Available with this card.|
|Internet Banking||Available with iRakyat, Bank Rakyat’s internet banking service.|
Additional Benefits of This Card
- Enjoy exclusive privileges at Mastercard outlets.
- There is no specific minimum income requirement to apply for this card.
- Obtain the card the same day you process the application.
- This card is accepted at merchant counters which offer Mastercard transactions.
- This card comes with high daily card usage limit.
- Use this card for shopping online.
Fees and Charges
|Membership Fee||No charges.|
|Application Process Fee||No charges.|
|Annual Fee||Waived for the first year. From the second year onwards, RM8 will be charged.|
|Card Replacement Fee||RM12.|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|Debit Card Monthly Statement||No charges.|
|Sales Draft Copy Fee||
|Overseas Business Exchange||1.25% of total usage.|
|Overseas Transaction Fee||The overseas transaction fees will be determined by Mastercard worldwide. No markup rate will be charged for overseas transactions.|
- The applicant must own or open a savings account-i.
- The applicant must be 18 years and above.
- The minimum balance to apply for the card depends on the minimum balance to open the savings Account-i/eCurrent account-i (e-CAi).
Bank Rakyat Debit Card-i Promotions
- Get a 2 day-1night stay at Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort by paying just RM399 for four people instead of RM1,200. You will receive a voucher which is valid only for 1 year from the date of purchase. You need to book the stay within 6 months of purchasing the voucher. It is compulsory to attend a 90-minute presentation along with your partner to enjoy this offer. You cannot use this promotion in conjunction with other offers and discounts. The check-in date must be within 12 months of purchasing the voucher. To make a reservation contact IVC Member Services on +603-3182 3636/31/34/35/37 from 10 am to 6 pm or send a fax to +603-3182 3737 or send an email to email@example.com.
How to Apply
Walk into any of the Bank Rakyat branches and open a Savings Account-i. You will receive the debit card on the same day. Don’t forget to carry your MyKad or any other mandatory documents requested by the bank when you visit the branch for opening the account.
Bank Rakyat Debit Card-i offers cashless payment facilities, hassle-free cash withdrawal, and exclusive deals and privileges from participating Mastercard outlets. You need to open a savings account-i with Bank Rakyat if you want to apply for the card. You can use this card overseas as well as for online shopping.
Q. What is the minimum amount I need to maintain in my account? Does this card come with a transaction limit?
A. You need to maintain a minimum of RM10 as savings account balance. The card comes with the following transaction limit:
- Daily limit for using your card: RM10,000 or total balance in savings account-i, whichever is lower.
- ATM cash withdrawal: RM5,000 per day.
- ATM cash withdrawal per transaction: RM1,500.
- Retail purchase: RM10,000 per day of total balance in savings account-i, whichever is lower.
Q. Do I need to inform the bank if I’m using my card overseas?
A. It is highly recommended to inform the bank if you are using your debit card overseas, for safety reasons. You can contact Bank Rakyat Card Centre on 03-26936880. You can also contact this number before using the card for online shopping.
Q. Are there any restrictions to use this card?
A. Yes. Since this is a Shariah-compliant card, based on the concept of Wakalah Bil Ujrah, you will not be able to use the card for any non-halal transactions. In case you use the card for non-halal transactions, the bank could have your card blocked.
Q. Does the card come with any pre-authorisation charges?
A. Yes. You need to pay a pre-authorisation amount of RM200 for all petrol transactions. The amount will be returned within 3 working days after the date of transaction. For transactions made in hotels and hospitals, the pre-authorisation amount will depend on the number of days spent. It will be charged during the check-in.
Q. I need to update my contact information. How do I go about it?
A. It is important to update your contact information so that you receive correspondences on time and also to receive SMS for all the transactions you carry out. You can contact Bank Rakyat at 1-300-80-5454 to update your contact details.
Q. What do I do if I lose my card?
A. You need to inform the bank immediately if you have lost your card, if you have misplaced your card, if there were any fraudulent transactions undertaken using your card, or if your PIN number was compromised. Notify the bank by calling 03-2692 4600. You will be charged RM12 as card replacement fee.