CIMB Debit MasterCard lets you enjoy the cashless transactions. You just have to present the card and the amount will be deducted from your savings or current account. The card can be used to make all sorts of purchases such as groceries, food, petrol, beverages, auto debit and shopping.
Features and benefits of CIMB Debit MasterCard
Following are the features and benefits of CIMB Debit MasterCard:
- The card is globally accepted. CIMB Debit MasterCard is accepted at 38 million MasterCard outlets.
- Card member can avail special discounts, promotions and offers. On every RM4 spent on the CIMB Debit MasterCard, you will be rewarded with 1 bonus point. The bonus point can be redeemed for variety of items from the member rewards catalogue. You do not get bonus points for petrol transaction and PIN based purchases.
- You can cut down on trips to the ATM as you can just pay with the debit card at most of the outlets. You save on time, petrol, parking and the hassle of the traffic.
- Monthly utility bills can be auto-paid. It reduces the chances of you getting charged a late payment fee. You can also keep a track of your spend and help you plan your finances in an efficient way.
- You can tap and wave your Debit MasterCard at the contactless enabled POS terminal. Transactions of up to RM250 will be approved without you having to key in the PIN.
- You get SMS alerts on the transactions to help you monitor your accounts.
- 3D secured online shopping is enabled.
- You can pay your bills online. You can also authorise for automatic payments.
- If there has been an unauthorised transaction made using the CIMB Debit MasterCard, you can immediately report it and you get liability protection.
- The card is embedded with a secure chip. You can rest assured that your account details and money are safe.
- You can also set a daily purchase limit on your card to help you budget your expenses. The purchase limit can be set from RM1,000 to RM10,000 to suit your spending needs.
You can enjoy exclusive merchant discounts and online shopping deals and privileges all year round when you shop with the CIMB Debit MasterCard.
CIMB bank saving and current account can be opened by a person aged 12 years and above. An indemnity letter is to be signed by the parent or guardian for account holder below the ages of 18.
Fees and charges
The following are the charges and fee that are chargeable:
|Conversion fee (CIMB ATM to CIMB Debit MasterCard)||Waived|
|Replacement due to faulty chip and card renewal||No charges|
|Replacement due to loss or theft and damage to the card due to misuse||RM12|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal through CIMB ATM network in Malaysia||No charges|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal through MEPS shared ATM in Malaysia||RM1.06 per transaction|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal through MEPS Local incorporated foreign bank||RM4.24 per transaction|
|International cash withdrawal through CIMB Bank ATM||No charges|
|International cash withdrawal through MasterCard and MEPS network||RM10.60 per transaction|
|Fund transfer to other banks within the MEPS shared ATM networks||RM0.53 per transaction|
|Utility bills paid via ATMs||No charges|
|Manual share application via ATMS||No charges|
|Share application through Electronic Share Application||RM2.65 per application.|
|Overseas transaction||Subject to currency conversion rate plus 1% service fee|