CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard offers cash rebates when you spend at any of the PETRONAS stations or Mesra stores across the country. What's more, you also get additional perks, including contactless payment feature, PIN and Pay feature, among others. Read further to understand the features and benefits the card offers.
- Earn cash rebates when you spend at any of the PETRONAS stations or Mesra Stores.
- Get exclusive deals at over 4,000 participating merchant outlets.
Key Features and Benefits of This Cashback Card
|Cash Rebate Earned on Transactions at PETRONAS||
|Types of Account||CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard can be opened with CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account.|
|Cash Rebate Earned on Transactions Carried Out At Mesra Stores||
|CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account Interest Rate||0.3% p.a.|
|Contactless Payment Facility||Available with this card|
|Internet Banking||Available with CIMB Clicks|
|PIN-and-Pay facility||Available on all transactions.|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated upon request.|
|Pre-authorisation Amount||RM200 will be charged to your account|
Additional Benefits of This Cashback Card
- Tap your card at any of the contactless enabled POS terminals and carry out transactions without any hassle. You can pay up to RM250 without keying in your PIN number.
- Enjoy exclusive deals and discounts on shopping, dining, and travel.
- Your CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account is eligible for protection by PIDM.
How to Earn Cash Rebates?
- Use your CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard at PETRONAS stations or when you shop at any MESRA stores and earn cash rebates.
Fees and Charges
|Card Replacement Fee||RM12 per replacement.|
|Domestic ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||RM15 per copy.|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||The conversion rate for all overseas transactions will be determined by Mastercard Worldwide plus an administration charge of 1% of the total amount transacted and any other fees charged by Mastercard|
- Applicants must be 18 years old and above.
- Applicants must be either residents or non-residents.
- Joint account is allowed.
- A minimum initial deposit of RM250 is required.
- The applicant must have a valid NRIC or passport.
- Get exclusive discounts when you shop on Shopee. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until 28 February 2019. The following are the offers:
- New Shopee customers can use the promo code 'CIMBNEW' and get 15% off at all purchases made on Shopee.
- Existing Shopee customers can use the promo code 'CIMB10' and get 10% off at all purchases made on Shopee.
Both the offers are capped at RM15. The number of redemptions is limited to the first 3,000 CIMB Bank cardholders per month. You cannot use this promotion in conjunction with other discounts, promotions, vouchers, and deals.
- Get exclusive rewards and cashback on FaveDeals. To enjoy this promo, visit FaveDeals or download the Fave app and start using FavePay. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until 28 February 2019. The following are the offers available:
- New users can use the promo code ‘FAVEXCIMBN’ to get 10% cashback on FavePay and 30% cashback on FaveDeals.
- Existing users can use the promo code ‘FAVEXCIMBE’ get 5% cashback on FavePay and 10% cashback on FaveDeals.
The cashback is capped at RM10 per redemption and will be credited to your account after the transaction is complete. The cashback is valid only for 30 days. You cannot use this promotion in conjunction with other discounts, promotions, vouchers, and deals.
How to Apply
To apply for the card, you can walk into any of the 270 CIMB Bank branches in Malaysia and express your interest to open a CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account. With every application of the CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account, a CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard will be issued to the account holder.
A nice alternative to credit card, the CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard lets you save more on your transactions. Also, you can use the promotions to get exciting discounts and deals. Make sure to read the fine print thoroughly before signing up.
Q. How can I view my monthly e-statement?
A. You can access your e-statement via CIMB Clicks and via emails. To view your e-statement, follow the below steps:
- Via CIMB Clicks
- Login to CIMB Clicks.
- Go to 'My Accounts'.
- Click on 'e-statement'.
- Select ‘View e-statement'.
- Download your statement.
- Via email
- Login to your registered email address.
- Go through your mails and check for mails from CIMB regarding your e-statement delivery.
- Click on the attached PDF.
- All PDFs are password protected, you will be given a password to access the document for security reasons.
- Enter the password and view your statement.
Q. Do I get both CIMB Bonus Points as well as cash rebates along with this card? Are there any exclusions to earn cashback?
A. You will only be entitled to cash rebates when you spend using your card. You will only earn cashback from any of the PETRONAS stations or Mesra stores that are controlled by PETRONAS. All other categories are excluded from cashback.
Q. How will I receive the cash rebates I earn?
A. When you make any purchase at any of the PETRONAS stations or any of the Mesra stores using your CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard, you will receive cashback. The amount will be credited to your PETRONAS Savers Account every month. It will be under the category 'CA/SA Incentive/Bonus' in your monthly statement.
Q. What do I do if I lose my card?
A. If you lose or misplace your CIMB PETRONAS Debit Mastercard, you need to notify the bank immediately. You must also report to the bank if your PIN was compromised with or if there were some suspicious transactions made using your card. Your card will be blocked immediately and you will be issued a replacement card, for which you will be charged RM12.
Q. Does the cash rebate come with a capping?
A. Yes. For all spends made at any of the PETRONAS stations or Mesra stores, you can earn a maximum of RM20 per month.