The CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard lets you earn rewards for all transactions carried out at Tesco and other retail outlets. You can also get exclusive offers when you shop at participating merchant outlets with this corn. Some of the major highlights of the card are:
- Get unlimited Tesco Clubcard Points with Tesco Clubcard at all retail outlets.
- Enjoy exclusive offers at over 4,000 retail outlets.
Key Features and Benefits of this CIMB Tesco Card
|Rewards Earned for Tesco Spends||
|Rewards Earned for Online Shopping||
|Rewards Earned for all Other Retail Spends||
|Types of Account||CIMB Tesco Savers Account.|
|Contactless Payment Facility||Available with this card.|
|Internet Banking||Available with CIMB Clicks|
|PIN-and-Pay Facility||Available on all transactions.|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated upon request.|
Additional Benefits of This Rewards Card
- This card comes with PIN and Pay feature for extra security.
- Wave or tap your CIMB Tesco Debit card at any contactless-enabled point of service terminals for paying.
- Make use of the discounts and offers from participating partner outlets.
How to Earn Rewards?
- Use your CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard when you shop at Tesco outlets and for all other retail spends and earn Tesco Clubcard Points.
- Redeem your points on a range of items from Tesco.
Fees and Charges
|Card Replacement Fee||RM12 per replacement.|
|Domestic ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||RM15 per copy.|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||The conversion rate of foreign currency to Ringgit Malaysia will be determined by Mastercard Worldwide. Additionally, you will be charged an administration charge of 1% of the total amount transacted and any other fees charged by Mastercard.|
- The applicant must have a CIMB Bank Tesco Savers account.
- The applicant must be 18 years and above.
- The applicant must either be a resident or a non-resident.
- Joint savings account is allowed.
- A minimum initial deposit of RM250 is required.
CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard Promotions
- Enjoy 15% discounts at Galito's when you spend with your CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until 30 April 2019. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other ongoing promotions, offers, and discounts. You can enjoy this offer at the following two outlets:
- [email protected] Mutiara Damansara.
- Glenmarie, Shah Alam.
- Enjoy a discount of 10% when you spend RM55 and above at Roast & Grill using your CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard. This is an ongoing offer that is valid until 31 July 2019. The offer is valid only for a la carte dine-in at any Roast & Grill outlet. It is limited to one redemption per card and no splitting of bills or tables will be allowed. Please note: Prices are stated as per the prices before the implementation of SST. You can check with the merchant what the new price is.
How to Apply
To apply for the CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard, visit any of the 270 CIMB Bank branches in Malaysia. Express your interest in opening a CIMB Tesco Savers Account. Fill in the application form and submit all the mandatory documents. When you apply for CIMB Tesco Savers Account, you will automatically be issued a CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard.
CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard is ideal for those who shop regularly at Tesco. There are over 35 Tesco stores in Malaysia open 7 days a week, from 11 am to 8 pm. The card also offers rewards on all other retail transactions. Moreover, you can make use of the card’s contactless feature to make payment and also the exclusive offers from participating merchants. You can use this card in conjunction with your other rewards card to enjoy more benefits.
Q. Are there any exclusions to earn Tesco Clubcard Points?
A. Yes. You won’t earn any Tesco Clubcard Points on petrol, diesel, and any other purchases made at petrol stations. You also won’t earn Tesco Clubcard Points for government-related payments, charity payments, as well as for paying bank’s fees and charges.
Q. How do I know how many Tesco Clubcard Points I have accumulated?
A. You can view the number of Tesco Clubcard Points you have accumulated in the following ways:
- On your CIMB Tesco Debit Mastercard’s monthly statement.
- By logging into your ‘My Clubcard Account’.
- By downloading the Tesco Clubcard Malaysia mobile app from Google Play or App Store.
- At the bottom of your purchase receipt.
Q. Is there a maximum amount of Tesco Clubcard Points that I can accumulate?
A. No. There is no maximum amount of Tesco Clubcard Points to accumulate. You can shop as much as you want and keep earning points.
Q. Will I get the Tesco Clubcard Points if I'm not a Tesco Clubcard member?
A. No. In order to be eligible to earn Tesco Clubcard Points, you must be a Tesco Clubcard member. You also need to update your Tesco Clubcard number with CIMB Bank to be entitled to receive the Tesco Clubcard Points.
Q. Do I have to key in my PIN for contactless payment?
A. You can make contactless payment at any contactless reader up to RM250. If your purchases are above RM250, you will have to key in your PIN details, for security purposes.