This is a debit card that can used as a smartcard that can be used for ATM and also cash withdrawals through MEPS. This card is exclusively available for Malaysian Maybank account holders and is one of the most basic but useful debit cum smart cards.
Key Features of Maybank Bankcard
- This card gives you access to cash withdrawal both in Malaysia and beyond with the card being accepted in over 1000 Maybank ATMs and 3000 other ATMs across the country.
- Customizable Purchase Limit of up to a maximum of RM10, 000 or the default up to RM2, 000 gives you ample freedom and choice.
- The card expires only after 7 years but can be renewed free of charge before or after a year from the expiry date.
- If you need to purchase overseas or withdraw money outside Malaysia you simply require to activate the overseas flag through the Maybank2u app on your phone or at the ATM.
Benefits of Maybank Bankcard
- The card helps you to pay your bills with ease or transfer money.
- You can track the online transactions that you make through the bank website.
- The smart chip makes the card and your money safe, since it is tougher to extract information off this chip.
- This card is PIN protected.
Eligibility for Application for Maybank Bankcard
All Maybank account holders both with savings and current accounts can apply for this debit card.
You need the following documents to be eligible for this debit card:
- MyKad (IC) or Police/Armed Forces ID Card
- Birth Certificate as well as MyKid only for in-trust and minor accounts)
- Passport only required for non-residents or foreigners
- There is a minimum Deposit amount for Current/Saving Accounts that have been used to link with this card:
- RM250 for individuals, minor and joint accounts
- RM50 is charged along with the letter of employment of the applicants
- Valid Passport for residents only
- Utility Bills in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of Confirmation from Employer, Educational Institution etc.
- Valid Driving License for residents
- Credit Card (if any).
Fees and Charges for Maybank Bankcard
|Types of Charges||Amount|
|Card issuance||Waived off|
|Annual Fees||Waived off|
|Card replacement due to faulty chip||Waived off|
|Replacement in the event of loss, theft or damage of card, or even forgotten PIN||RM12|
Disclaimer: Please note that the fees & charges mentioned above are subject to change at any time.