Customise your existing Maybank Debit Card with your favourite picture by signing up for the Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card. You can use this card for various transactions locally or overseas. This card is accepted at millions of outlets around the world that accept Visa. Below are some other benefits of this card:
- Smart chip security feature for safe and secured transaction.
- No annual, finance, or late charges fees.
Ideal for: Those who want a hassle-free payment method.
Key Features and Benefits
|Daily purchase limit||Up to RM1,000|
|Types of accounts||Maybank deposit account|
|3D Secure Protection||Available by default with the card|
|Internet Banking||Available with Maybank2u internet banking|
|Pre-authorization transactions||Can be activated for petrol payments|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated via internet banking|
|Card-Not-Present facility||Can be activated for online transactions|
- Shop for a wide range of items at millions of outlets around the world that accept VISA.
- Keep a track of all your online transactions via Maybank2u.
- Get smart chip security with this card.
- Say goodbye to annual fees, finance, and late fees.
- Get access to MEPS or PLUS enabled ATMs worldwide for cash withdrawal.
- Set your own purchase limit up to RM5,000.
- Use this card for local and/or overseas purchases.
- Transfer money or pay bills easily and quickly.
- Enjoy access to an array of offers and promotions at various participating merchant outlets.
Fees and Charges
|Annual Fee||Waived for life|
|Replacement fee for Picture Card||RM25 per card|
|Cash withdrawal fee||
|Sales draft retrieval fee||RM15 per copy|
|Penalty fee on overdrawn account||RM10|
To get the Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card, you must hold a Maybank Visa or Mastercard debit card and have a Maybank account.
Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card Promotions
- Indulge in a delicious French meal at the Paul in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur and get discounts up to 15%. When you spend a minimum of RM100 for your dine-in meal at Terrace & Restaurant, you’ll get 10% off with your Maybank card. Save 15% off any purchase at the Takeaway Kiosk. This is an ongoing offer and is valid until 30 June 2019.
- Buy yourself a comfortable pair of Crocs and get 10% off your purchase. You get 20% discount on a minimum purchase of two pairs of Crocs. This offer cannot be used with other promotions, coupons, or vouchers. Promotion is valid until 31 July 2019.
- Stay stylish with the wide range of accessories and bags at Lancel and get up to 30% discount on your purchases. Get 20% off purchases all through the year and 30% off during your birthday month. This offer is only available at Lot 3.41 Level 3, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Promotion is valid until 31 May 2019.
- Shop at Morgan de Toi all through the year to get up to 20% discount on your purchases. You get 10% off purchases year long and 20% off expenses during your birthday month. Offer is only available at select outlets in Malaysia and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. This offer is valid until 31 May 2019.
How to Apply
Before applying for the Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card, you will require a Visa or Mastercard card and you must be a Maybank account holder as well.
- Visit the official Maybank website and choose ‘Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card’.
- Go to the ‘Apply Now’ form and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select the ‘Use Custom Image’ option and select the picture you want on your card from your computer.
- Select ‘Finalise’ and ‘Submit’.
- Post clicking these options, choose ‘Finish’.
- Enter your personal details on the ‘Individual Card Request’ page.
- Make a payment of RM25.
- Post the request and successful payment of RM25, your card will be processed and be ready in 30 days.
- Bring the email confirmation you receive from Maybank when you go to the branch to collect your card after 30 days.
You will also have to submit the following documents when you’re applying for this card:
- Copy of your MyKad.
- Birth certificate or MyKid (for in-trust and minor accounts).
- Passport (for foreigners or non-residents).
- Current Visa or Mastercard Debit you wish to convert.
Enjoy hassle-free payments for all your purchases with your personalised Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card. Not only do you get access to a selection of offers and promotions but you can also use this card for local and overseas transactions. Read all the related documents before you sign up for this card.
Q. Can I use any type of picture to customise my card?
A. No. Below is a list of images (portraits, symbols, icons, or logos) that are deemed unsuitable by the bank. If you submit any one of them, your application will be rejected.
- Political parties
- Racist texts
- Obscene or adult images
Q. Will I get the same picture on the card in case it’s lost or stolen?
A. No. The picture you submitted for your previous card is not saved by the bank. Hence, you will have to start all over again if you want the Maybank Visa Debit Picture Card and you will have to pay RM25 for the personalisation. However, you can opt for any of the other debit cards and pay a replacement fee of RM12.
Q. Can I re-apply for this card for free if I don’t like my picture?
A. No. You will have to pay the replacement fee of RM25 if you want a new picture on your card. This amount will be debited from your CASA account and you will not receive a refund for the previous RM25 you paid.
Q. I am travelling outside the country. What do I have to do to activate overseas transactions on my card?
A. You can visit Maybank’s official website, log in with your username and password, and go to the ‘Card Management’ option to activate overseas transactions on your card. Alternatively, you can also visit any Maybank ATM to activate this feature on your card.
Q. How do I keep a track of the transactions I have made on this card?
A. You can track all your transactions on this card via Maybank’s internet banking service. Besides this, you can also request for a sales draft copy from the bank for which you will be charged RM15 per copy.