Enjoy the ease of hassle-free payments for all kinds of transactions with the OCBC Debit Card. You can swipe this card for local as well as overseas transactions and use it for online payments as well. Let’s look at the other features of this card:
- Transaction limits based on your preference.
- Secure transactions with Chip & Pin technology.
- Contactless payment for easy shopping experiences.
Ideal for: Those who prefer paying for expenses with their card.
Key Features and Benefits of OCBC Debit Card
|Daily purchase limit||Up to RM5,000|
|Daily withdrawal limit||Up to RM5,000|
|Types of accounts||OCBC deposit account|
|Contactless Payment||Available for Mastercard or MyDebit.|
|3D Secure Protection||Available by default with the card.|
|Internet Banking||Available with OCBC internet banking.|
|Pre-authorization transactions||Can be activated for petrol payments.|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated by notifying OCBC via phone or written letter.|
|Card-Not-Present facility||Can be activated for online transactions, purchases via mail, fax, and telephone orders.|
- Set your daily purchase, withdrawal, and fund transfer limit to suit your needs.
- Get better security with the Chip & Pin technology, SMS notifications for all your transactions, and One-time Passwords.
- Enjoy access to MEPS enabled ATMs worldwide for cash withdrawal.
- Swipe this card for local and overseas transactions.
- Get access to a selection of offers and promotions at various participating merchant outlets.
- Tap your card to pay for your purchases at retail outlets.
- Transfer money or pay bills with the OCBC internet banking facility.
Fees and Charges
|Registration Fee||RM8 (one-time fee)|
|Annual Fee||RM8 per annum|
|Card Replacement Fee||RM12|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||RM15 per original copy RM8 per duplicate copy|
|Additional Statement Fee||RM10|
|Overseas Conversion Fee||Conversion rates are determined by Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX, plus the additional admin fees.|
|MEPS Instant Transfer via Internet Banking or MEPS ATM||RM0.50|
|MEPS Instant Transfer at OCBC ATMs||RM0.30|
To get the OCBC Debit Card, you must hold a deposit account with OCBC.
OCBC Debit Card Promotions
- Treat yourself to a delectable meal at ParaThai and get 10% off your total food bill. Promotion is only available for dine-in orders and on the a la carte menu and not on set menu items and beverages. This offer cannot be used on public holidays or in conjunction with other coupons or vouchers. Promotion is valid until 31 December 2018.
- Spend a minimum of RM200 in a single receipt at PU TIEN and get a complimentary side dish. Promotion is only available on dine-in meals and at all PU TIEN outlets. This is an ongoing offer and is valid until 31 January 2019.
- Stay at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel and get 5% off the best available room rates. This is only available for walk-in bookings or on online reservations. You also get 15% off the a la carte menu at The 1885, Sarkies, Sarkies Corner, and Farquhar’s Bar. This offer is not available on alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or takeaway orders. Promotion is valid until 31 December 2018.
- Go for a delicious meal to Paradise Dynasty and get 10% off your total food bill. You can use this offer only for dine-in meals and on the a la carte menu. Promotion not available on set menu items and beverages. This is an ongoing offer and is valid until 31 December 2018.
How to Apply
You have to hold a deposit account at OCBC to apply for an OCBC Debit Card. Visit any of the OCBC branches and request them for the application form.
Enjoy secure and easy payments for a wide range of transactions with the OCBC Debit Card. You can set your daily limits, tap your card for payments, pay bills, and more. You can also pay for your local or overseas expenses with this card. Read the fine print thoroughly before signing up for this card.
Q. How does the contactless feature on this card work?
A. You can just tap this card for your purchases when you see the universal contactless symbol at the checkout counter. This feature ensures the card never leaves your hand, giving you added security and also reducing the chances of fraud. Not only do you enjoy convenience when you shop but you also won’t be held accountable for any fraudulent charges made using this feature. However, you should notify the bank immediately if you notice suspicious activities.
Q. How do I activate the contactless feature?
A. There are two ways of activating the contactless payment feature on your card. You can either visit the closest OCBC branch or log in to your OCBC internet banking portal. Your cumulative transaction limit for 1 or 3 purchases will be RM250. If the transaction amount exceeds RM250, you will be required to enter your PIN. Post entering your PIN, your cumulative transaction limit will reset to zero and you can use the contactless feature again.
Q. What should I do if I lose my card or it’s stolen?
A. If you lose your card or it’s stolen, you should immediately notify the bank. You can either get in touch with customer service or visit the nearest OCBC branch and inform the officials.
Q. How do I make card-not-present transactions on this card?
A. You will have to send a written notice or call the bank’s customer service center and inform them that you wish to activate the card-not-present transaction service. Once notified, you will be able to use this facility for online transactions and purchases made via mail, fax, or telephone orders.
Q. What should I do if there are changes to my contact details?
A. If there are any changes to your contact details, it is crucial to notify the bank in a timely manner. You can call the OCBC Contact Center at +603 8317 5000 or at the number printed on your OCBC Debit Card to share your updated contact details.