Enjoy easy and hassle-free transactions with the PB Mastercard Lifestyle Debit Card. Get the benefit of making transactions with a number of merchants and pay for your purchases with the support of the Mastercard network available globally. Some of the key benefits of the card are:
- Enjoy the dual functionality of Mastercard and ATM.
- Make direct transactions from your existing Public Bank Savings/Current Account.
Ideal for:Individuals looking for a card which can be used for overseas and local transactions.
Key Features and Benefits
|Types of accounts||
|Contactless Payment||Available for MyDebit, Mastercard, and Samsung Pay contactless payment services.|
|Internet Banking||Available with PB Online Internet banking and for e-Debit and POS merchants.|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated for retail transactions with Mastercard authorized merchants and for cash withdrawals from Mastercard enabled ATMs.|
|Card-Not-Present facility||Can be activated for non-secure online transactions, mail order telephone orders, and recurring/auto debit transactions.|
|Pre-authorization of the card||Can be set for fuel transactions.|
|Interbank GIRO Transfer||Available with this card.|
|Mobile Reload service||Available with this card.|
- No monthly finance charges applicable with this card.
- No monthly late charges with the card.
- Get free monthly e-statements online at the PBe online services.
- Set standing instructions for the payment of telephone bills, mobile bills, utilities, and insurance premiums.
- Make contactless payments of up to RM250, and cumulative transactions of up to RM500 by default.
- Withdraw cash from Mastercard or MEPS enabled ATMs located worldwide.
- Get exclusive offers and privileges specially designed for Mastercard and Public Bank customers.
- Earn interest on the debit card account which shall be credited at the end of each month.
- Unlimited ATM transactions can be opted for with an annual ATM card fee of RM8.
Fees and Charges
|Card Conversion Fee||No charge. The conversion is applicable for existing PB Bank Card/PB Day2Day Card which are to be changed into the PB Visa/Mastercard Lifestyle Debit Card.|
|Card Replacement Penalty||RM12 per card.|
|Cash withdrawal fee||
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||
|Additional Statement Request fee||RM5 per request.|
|Balance Enquiry Fee||No charge.|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||Foreign currency transactions shall be converted into Ringgit Malaysia (RM) with US Dollar as the base currency. The conversion rate will be decided at the discretion of Mastercard on the day of processing. An additional 1.25% shall be charged as the Foreign Exchange Spread for the transaction made.|
Any individual with a PB Current/Savings Account can apply for the PB Mastercard Lifestyle Debit Card.
- Get exclusive discounts and offers for your stay at Best Western Hotel, i-City, Shah Alam when you make transactions with your debit card. Pay only RM160 for Superior Room, RM200 for Deluxe Room, and RM240 for Suite Room. Also get 10% off the a-la carte menu at View Café and i-Coffee Kiosk. The offer is valid till 31 August 2019.
- Enjoy special offers at Yun Nam Haircare outlets. Get 1 complimentary anti-hair loss treatment, 1 complimentary set of hair growth products (including shampoo, conditioner, and nutritional lotion), and 1 complimentary hair tonic for every new customer using the card. For existing customers, get 10% discount on signing up for a full package of services. The offer is valid till 31 December 2018.
- Get 10% off normal priced items and 20% off Tempura section on the menu every Tuesday at Edo Ichi group of restaurants. These include outlets of Edo Ichi Japanese Restaurant, Sushi Zento, Cazuma Japanese restaurants, and Ichi Zen Japanese Restaurants. The offer is valid till 14 August 2019.
- Enjoy special offers at Christy NG Shoes outlets and online websites. Get 15% discount on all normal-priced items on a minimum purchase of RM150 in a single transaction. The offer is valid till 31 July 2019.
The card lets you enjoy special offers and privileges all year round with Mastercard and Public Bank exclusive deals and discounts. Compare the card with other debit cards to make an informed decision.
Q. Will there be any transaction charge for ATM withdrawals after the first eight withdrawals have been exhausted?
A. Yes. A charge of RM1 per transaction shall be added to each withdrawal after the first 8 ATM withdrawals every month have been exhausted.
Q. Can I get a hard copy of the monthly statement with my card?
A. Yes. You can get a hard copy of the monthly statements made with details of the transactions at a monthly charge of RM1.
Q. How can I opt for Card-not-Present (CNP) and overseas transactions?
A. One of the following methods can be used to activate the CNP and overseas transactions.
- Log in to PBe Online Banking.
- Visit Public Bank (PB)/ Public Islamic Bank (PIB) ATM.
- Visit PB/PIB branch.
- Contact the self-service terminal call centre at +603-2179 5000.
Q. What should I do in case my card is lost/stolen?
A. Contact the bank at 03-2179 5000 or follow the process to cancel the card as given in PBe online banking service. You can also visit the nearest Public Bank branch or any Mastercard member bank (if overseas) and file a complaint. The loss or theft of the card should be immediately reported.
Q. What should I do to continue the Contactless functionality of my card after it has reached RM500?
A. Once you reach RM500 in cumulative contactless payments, you can make a transaction at Point-of-Service (POS) terminal with PIN entry or make an ATM withdrawal with PIN entry. Once any of these transactions have been completed, the contactless limit will be reset automatically.