The most definitive feature of this card is that it gives cash rebate benefits to the card holder for transactions at Petron Service Stations and cash megabonus for retail purchases made with this debit card.
Key Features of PB Petron VISA Debit Card
- You can use the PB Petron VISA Debit card as a debit card and an ATM card as well.
- You must maintain a banking account with Public Bank that can be linked to your PB Petron VISA Debit card.
- The usage and validity of the card will be terminated by default if you stop maintaining an account with Public Bank.
- This card meets the eligibility criteria for protection by PIDM.
- The card helps you to pay directly from your account with Public Bank as long as it is linked to one of the following types of accounts:
- Current Account
- Basic Current Account for banking
- Savings Account
- Basic Savings Account
Benefits of PB Petron VISA Debit Card
- You get a cash rebate of 1% on your fuel bills at any of the Petron Service Stations in Malaysia. However, the amount of cash rebate is restricted to a maximum of RM 30 for every month.
- You also enjoy 0.5% of Cash MegaBonus for your other purchases at retail stores. This is with the exception of outlets or charges for petrol stations, casinos, government-related payment, cash advance, and balance transfer, payment to charity along with utility bills payment through the bank website or ATM.
- Annual charges are waived off for life for this debit card, so enjoy the benefits as long as you have an account with Public Bank.
- The card is accepted globally in merchant outlets, where Visa is accepted for payment. You can find the VISA logo on the outlet door for confirmation of acceptance.
- You can get instant cash from any of the Visa/PLUS ATMs you see anywhere in the world.
- Public Bank sends you a statement on a monthly basis to help you track your expenditure over a month’s time, making you more aware of your cost of living.
Fees and Charges for PB Petron VISA Debit Card
|Type of Charges||Amount Charged (in RM)|
|Annual Fees||Waived off for life|
|Balance Inquiry||Waived off|
|Monthly e-Statement||Waived off|
|Hard Copy of the monthly statement||1.06 for each month|
|Late monthly charges||No requirement, since money is being debited to the seller directly, when using this debit card.|
|Cash withdrawal (Both MEPS and non-MEPS accounts)||Waived off|
|Card Conversion fee||Waived off|
|Card Replacement Charges||RM 10|
Disclaimer: Please note that the rates mentioned here are subject to change based on bank’s discretion.