The PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card lets you enjoy cash rebates on your monthly balance. You can also get special promotional offers and attractions aimed at Public Bank customers when paying for goods and services with the card. Some of the key benefits of the card include:
- Get RM10 monthly cash rebate on maintaining a minimum of RM10,000 Month-to-Date Average Balance and no over-the-counter transactions for the month.
- Enjoy multiple ways to keep track of your account with accessibility of the card through Public Bank branches, ATMs, and online banking.
Ideal for: Those looking for shopping offers and privileges along with earning cashback.
Key Features and Benefits
|Types of accounts||
|Contactless Payment||MyDebit, Mastercard, and Samsung Pay.|
|Internet Banking||Can be done through PB Online Internet banking. e-Debit for POS merchants can also be done with this card.|
|Overseas Transactions||Can be activated for retail payments and ATM withdrawals when travelling abroad.|
|Card-Not-Present facility||Available upon activation for mail order telephone payments, non-secure online transactions, and recurring/auto debit expenses.|
|Pre-authorization of the card||Available upon activation for fuel payments.|
|Interbank GIRO Transfer||Can be done for GIRO payments depending on the balance in the account.|
|Mobile Reload service||Available with this card.|
- Pay monthly bills and set other standing instructions with this card.
- Get up to 10% off at 100 duty-free shops at airports in Malaysia.
- Make overseas cash withdrawals at all ATMs with the UnionPay logo.
- Enjoy various online banking facilities such as balance enquiry, statement request, transaction history, fund transfer, GIRO bill payments, mobile reload services, and others.
- Enjoy the facility of making contactless payments of up to RM250 in Malaysia, with cumulative contactless payments of up to RM500.
- No need to pay monthly finance or late charges with the card.
Fees and Charges
|Card Conversion Fee||Free for existing PB Day2Day/PB Bank Card for which conversion is to be made.|
|Card Replacement Penalty||RM12 per card.|
|Cash withdrawal fee||
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||
|Additional Statement Request fee||RM5 per request.|
|Balance Enquiry Fee||Free of cost.|
|Overseas Transaction Conversion Fee||Overseas transactions shall be processed at a conversion rate as decided upon by UnionPay International. In addition, a Foreign Exchange Spread shall also be added, which is 1.25% of the total transaction made.|
Any individual with a PB Current/Savings Account, PB Basic Current/Savings Account, and PB UnionPay Savings Account can apply for the PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card.
- Get exclusive privileges at Beyond Beauty stores located in Malaysia with this card. New customers above 23 years of age can redeem a complimentary beauty treatment of either a Hydro Collagen Facial worth RM580 or Full Body Lymphatic Detox Massage worth RM680. New and existing customers get 10% off upon signing up for full package treatment. Offer valid till 31 December 2018.
- Enjoy 50% cashback on a retail payment with a minimum transaction of RM50. The promotion is applicable for new registrations for the PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card. Offer valid till 31 December 2018.
- Get 10% discount on food and beverages at Bumbu Bali, Ole-Ole Bali, and Bali & Spice restaurants in Malaysia. The promotion is not applicable for alcoholic beverages. Offer valid till 31 July 2019.
- Enjoy exclusive privileges at Le Quadri Hotel, Kuala Lumpur with the card. Get 15% off room rates and 15% off food and beverages at all Le Quadri restaurants, such as, Hatton restaurant, Hua Yi Yuan restaurant, and Aromas coffee. Offer valid till 31 July 2019.
Get the benefits of UnionPay and enjoy exclusive offers and privileges while shopping with the PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card. Enjoy peace of mind when travelling with zero finance charges on transactions. Compare other debit cards and apply accordingly.
Q. Is there a way in which I can get monthly hard copy statements?
A. Yes. You can get monthly statements of all transactions for RM1 charged per month.
Q. What should I be careful about when setting the PIN of my card?
A. It is advisable that you do not use your identity card number, birth date, or phone number as your PIN. Once set, do not share the PIN with anyone or write it down anywhere.
Q. How do I change the contactless transaction limit of my card?
A. It is possible to change the contactless transaction limit for the card. Either of the following two methods can be used to change the transaction limit.
- ATM/ Cash Recycle Machine(CRM).
- Contact Public Bank Card Services Help Desk at 03 2176 8000.
Q. Are GIRO transfers considered as a part of the total withdrawal limit?
A. No. GIRO transfers shall not be applicable to the withdrawal limit which is applicable on the card. It is subject to the existing funds that are available in the account at the time of transfer.
Q. I will be temporarily shifting to another country for a year. I want to keep the card since I want to use it after I come back. What should I do?
A. You may not have to discontinue the card when you are travelling outside Malaysia. However, for any stay outside Malaysia for more than 6 months, you need to inform the bank in writing about the same.