The VISA electron card, comes with a series of features and benefits, making life more convenient for you. This is an international debit card and hence so works in any outlet, globally, that accepts VISA cards for payments.
Key Features of PB VISA Electron Debit Card
- This card meets the eligibility criteria for protection by PIDM.
- You can use the PB VISA Electron Debit card as a debit card and an ATM card as well.
- The card helps you to pay directly from your account with Public Bank as long as it is linked to one of the following types of accounts:
- Current Account
- Basic Current Account for banking
- Savings Account
- Basic Savings Account
- You must maintain a banking account with Public Bank that can be linked to your PB VISA Electron Debit card.
- The usage and validity of the card will be terminated by default if you stop maintaining an account with Public Bank.
- Cash withdrawal can be done in the following types of ATMs:
- Public Bank
- MEPS Member Banks
- Non-MEPS Member Banks
- Locally Incorporated Foreign Banks (LIFB)
- MEPS Member including banks such as OCBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank, UOB and HSBC).
- Islamic Foreign Bank (IFB)
- MEPS Member ATM including Kuwait Finance House and Al Rajhi Bank.
Benefits of PB VISA Electron Debit Card
- The card is accepted globally in merchant outlets, where Visa is accepted for payment. You can find the VISA logo on the outlet door for confirmation of acceptance.
- You can get instant cash from any of the Visa/PLUS ATMs you see anywhere in the world.
- A monthly interest is paid to you by the bank on your credit balance. You can enquire with the bank’s Customer Service for information about the latest applicable rates of interest rates applicable.
- Public Bank sends you a statement on a monthly basis to help you track your expenditure over a month’s time, making you more aware of your cost of living.
- Incase you are in the need for travel assistance approaching any Visa-issuing bank would help or you could also call the local Visa number which will be available online.
- As an added security measure, there is a special Card Account, which is not linked to the savings or current account allowing the user to be not affected as the bulk of his or her is protected if card goes missing regardless the reason.
Fees and Charges for PB VISA Electron Debit Card
|Type of Charges||Amount Charged (in RM)|
|Annual Fees||Primary card holder: 25.44 Supplementary card holder 12.72|
|Balance Inquiry||Waived off except charged RM 2.12 at Non-MEPS ATMS|
|Monthly e-Statement||Waived off|
|Hard Copy of the monthly statement||1.06 for each month|
|Late monthly charges||No requirement, since money is being debited to the seller directly, when using this debit card.|
|Cash withdrawal (Both MEPS and non-MEPS accounts)||Waived off|
|Card Conversion fee||Waived off|
|Additional statement charged for a month||RM 30|
|Card Replacement Charges||RM 10|
Disclaimer: Kindly note that the rates mentioned here are subject to change based on bank’s discretion.