AmBank offers a promotional offer on eFixed Deposit (eFD)/eTerm Deposit-i (eTD-i). The promotion is an affordable savings scheme as the bank specifies a small sum as the minimum deposit amount.
AmBank FD Promotion Mechanics
Open an eFD/eTD-i via AmOnline Internet Banking platform and place a minimum amount of RM1,000 for 8 months. Earn a promotional interest rate of 4.28% p.a.
FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotional campaign commenced on 16 April 2018 and is valid until 31 May 2018.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Use the code LAUNCH when you place the deposit.
- The promotional rates are applicable for one cycle i.e., for 8 months.
- On rollover, FD Board rates are applicable.
Q. Are the bank’s staff eligible to get the benefits of the promotion?
A. Yes. The bank’ staff and their immediate family members are eligible to get the benefits of the promotion. However, staff rate will not be added to the promotion rate.
Q. How can I access the interest earned on my eFD/eTD-i?
A. The interest will be credited to your AmBank/AmBank Islamic CASA/CASA-i.
Q. Can I use the eFD/eTD-i as a collateral for a credit facility?
A. No. The eFD/eTD-i cannot be used as a collateral for any credit facility.
Q. Which Shariah principle does the eTD-i account follow?
A. eTD-i follows Commodity Murabahah principle.
Q. Can I make an early or partial withdrawal?
A. Withdrawals before the completion of 3 months are not encouraged. If you make an early withdrawal after 3 months and before the maturity, then:
- For eTD-i, you have to pay a rebate for early or partial withdrawal.
- For both eFD and eTD-i, the withdrawal amount must be a multiple of RM1,000.
- The remaining balance in the eFD/eTD-i account must not be less than the minimum balance.