Tired of seeing snail like growth in your savings account? Too confused by the jargon surrounding stock markets? Heard stories of how investing is not cut out for everyone and that you may stand to lose it all in one day? Well, if savings is too slow and learning how to invest seems to vague and complicated, one should look no further than a fixed deposit. These simple investment tools are ideal for both, the first time investor as well as the seasoned professional. One need not allow themselves to get confused by various technicalities as there is no learning curve required to master. One simply puts down a specific sum of money into the fixed deposit or FD for a specified tenure and without withdrawals, after maturity, the investor is paid a considerably higher amount of interest on their deposit. The returns are high enough to qualify as investing and have the simplicity of a savings account with the difference being that the investor cannot access their funds till the FD reaches maturity. Fixed deposits offered by AmBank are ideal for one to get their journey in investments started. These fixed deposits offer tenures that range from 1 month to 5 years and all investments made into this deposit is eligible for protection under PIDM. This means that even in the unlikely case the bank fails, the deposit money is guaranteed by the government which makes this type of investment practically risk free. The interest rate offered depends on the tenure chosen and it varies from 3.15% to 3.50%. To know more about this product, read on.
Features of AmBank Fixed Deposit
AmBank Fixed Deposits come with a host of features and benefits, a few of which are mentioned below.
- Simple eligibility – Individuals who wish to open a Fixed Deposit account with AmBank need to satisfy just a few basic criteria in order to be eligible for an account.
- Attractive interest rates – AmBank Fixed Deposits offer extremely attractive and competitive interest rates, ensuring your money grows as you grow.
- Low minimum deposit – Individuals need not rob a bank to keep a minimum deposit amount, as AmBank Fixed deposits require a low minimum amount to be maintained.
- Credited Interest – Interest earned on a Fixed Deposit is credited into an individual’s savings or current account.
- Automatic Renewal – AmBank FDs are automatically renewed, with an option to choose between different renewal types.
- High upper age limit – Individuals can opt for an AmBank Fixed Deposit even after they reach a certain age, with protection up to the age of 85 years.
- Flexible tenures – Individuals can choose from flexible tenures according to their requirements.
- ATM Card – Certain plans come with ATM card access in a bid to simplify banking.
- Multiple choices – Individuals can opt from multiple plans to choose one which best suits their needs.
Ambank Fixed Deposit Schemes
AmBank offers 5 Fixed Deposit Accounts, each one designed to cater to a different requirement. These accounts are mentioned below.
- Conventional Fixed Deposit – This is the basic Fixed Deposit which everyone is familiar with, earning attractive interest and having flexible tenures. It is designed for those who wish to keep things simple.
- Am50Plus – This FD is specially designed for senior citizens, enabling them to utilise their savings wisely. It offers unique benefits and higher interest rates to ensure senior citizens can enjoy life without having to worry about finances.
- Am Quantum Investment – This FD is a great investment opportunity, earning quarterly interest on a deposit.
- Interest Plus – This plan combines unit trust accounts with fixed deposits, offering the best of both these products. It is an ideal choice for those looking for long term growth of a unit trust.
- AmMega – This plan offers the wealth accumulation benefit of a FD plus the protection of a life policy, ensuring one stays protected, both in terms of money and health.
Ambank Foreign Currency Account
The Foreign Currency Account allows people to have a fixed deposit account with foreign currencies for a short term, which can be as less as a week. This not only secures the money but also allows you the peace of mind. This deposit account has minimal requirements and can be used easily by a Ambank customer.
Features and Benefits of Ambank Foreign Currency Account
- The tenures are meant for short terms, which could be a low as short as 1 week
- Foreign exchange is based on appreciation or depreciation of the currencies in question.
- Foreign currencies available include:
- Sterling Pound (GBP)
- US Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Protection under PIDM is available.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years of age or more.
- The minimum deposit amount should be RM 10,000 for a single applicant.
- For joint or multiple applicants, the minimum deposit amount should be RM 50,000.
FAQs on Ambank Foreign Currency Account
1. What are the currencies that are accepted for the Ambank Foreign Currency Account?
The currencies acceptable for opening an Ambank Foreign Currency Account include:
New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Sterling Pound (GBP), US Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
2. What is the minimum deposit account for opening an Ambank Foreign Currency Account?
The minimum deposit amount should be RM 10,000 for individuals and RM 50,000 for non-individuals.
3. What is the minimum age of application for an Ambank Foreign Currency Account?
The minimum age of application for an Ambank Foreign Currency Account is 18 years.
Ambank Fixed Interest Rates
Interest rates offered by AmBank on its fixed deposits are some of the best in the industry, enabling one to invest money with an assurance of its growth. These interest rates depend on the tenure of a particular deposit, with higher tenures generally attracting better rates compared to deposits for a short term period.
The interest rates for Conventional FD, Am50Plus and Am Quantum Investment are shown in the below tables
Ambank Conventional FD Rates
Am50Plus Fixed Deposit Rates
AmQuantum Fixed Deposit Rates
Ambank InterestPlus Interest Rates
How to open a FD with AmBank
Opening a FD with AmBank is a simple task, which can be done without hassles. Individuals wishing to open a FD need to log onto the official website of AmBank and fill out an application form, providing certain basic information like name, contact number, email id and a valid ID proof. They need to choose the branch where they would like to open this account and submit the form along with relevant documents.
FAQs of Ambank Fixed Deposit
Q. What are the age requirements one should satisfy in order to be eligible for a FD with AmBank?
A. Individuals must be at least 18 years in order to be eligible. The minimum age for the Am50Plus FD is 50 years.
Q. What is the minimum deposit one should maintain?
A. The minimum deposit varies depending on the FD chosen, with a range between RM 5,000 and RM 10,000 in most cases. This deposit changes with the tenure, with certain tenures requiring a minimum deposit of just RM 500.
Q. Will my account be automatically renewed?
A. Yes, automatic renewal is a standardised feature among all plans.
Q. Can one opt for partial withdrawal?
A. No, partial withdrawal is not allowed under these plans.
Other Products offered by AmBank:
Apart from offering Fixed Deposit,AmBank offers other products and services which include:
News About Ambank Fixed Deposit
AmBank digitises their services using their webMethods platform
AmBank Malaysia’s premier financial groups, using their webMethods platform to reshape their banking services. Using webMethods they can simplify, maintain and enhance the time market.
They digitising of the banking system is critical to get long term growth along with flexibility. This platform is going to integrates core banking apps with its on-premises app, it will also help the bank transform its long term growth which is critical.
30th September 2015