Bank Rakyat has come up with an FD promotion where you can invest in a Term Deposit-i account and earn high returns. The deposit must be placed for a tenure specified by the bank to get access to promotional rates.
Bank Rakyat Fixed Deposit Promotion
Get a promotional interest rate of up to 4.50% p.a. when you deposit a minimum amount of RM10,000 in a Term Deposit-i account. You can choose a deposit tenure based on your convenience from the available options—7 months and 11 months. The details of the promotion are provided in the table below.
|Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rates|
|RM10,000||7 months||4.30% p.a.|
|11 months||4.50% p.a.|
Bank Rakyat Fixed Deposit Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion commenced on 1 August 2018 and is available until 31 October 2018.
Bank Rakyat Fixed Deposit Promotion Terms & Conditions
- The profit rate is applicable to one cycle.
- Upon auto-renewal, the prevailing board rates will be applicable.
- You have to open a Bank Rakyat Saving Account-i or eCurrent Account-i for the bank to credit the profit earned on the TD-i account.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds only.
Hurry up and deposit a minimum of RM10,000 in a Term Deposit-i account within the promotion period to earn promotional rates on your deposit. Read through the fine print to know the details of the promotion.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to get the benefits of the campaign?
A. The eligibility criteria to get the benefits of the campaign are:
- You must be a Malaysian citizen.
- You must be an individual applicant.
- You must not be an employee of the bank.
- You must not have any arrears, defaults, or suits against any financing facilities or other products with the bank.
Q. What should I do if I want to know more about the promotion?
A. You can visit the nearest branch or call up the tele-Rakyat Contact Centre, 1-300-80-5454, to know more about the promotion.
Q. What do fresh funds mean?
A. Fresh funds mean that the money you deposit must not be taken from Bank Rakyat Saving Account-i, eCurrent Account-i, or Term Deposit-i.