CIMB Bank provides you with promotional offers that help you earn better returns on your fixed deposits. Read on to know more about the promotional offer.
CIMB Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion
Place a minimum deposit of RM10,000 in a CIMB Unfixed Deposit for a period of 6 months to earn a promotional interest rate of 4.40% p.a. The deposit must be made over-the-counter at a branch of CIMB bank.
|Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate|
|RM10,000||6 months||4.40% p.a.|
You must be a CIMB Preferred customer to get the benefits of the promotion. Open a Fixed Deposit (FD)/Fixed Return Income Account-i (FRIA-i) and a Preferred Current Account/Preferred Current Account-i with CIMB Bank. An amount of RM50,000 must be earmarked in the current account for 3 months and a maximum of RM200,000 must be deposited in the FD/FRIA-i.
In another case, a sum of RM100,000 in your PCA/PCA-i must be earmarked for 3 months and you must place the deposit in FD/FRIA-i up to RM400,000.
|Earmarking Amount in PCA/PCA-i||Earmarking Period||Deposit Amount in FD/FRIA-i||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate on FD/FRIA-i|
|RM50,000||3 months||Up to RM200,000||3 months||6% p.a.|
|RM100,000||3 months||Up to RM400,000||3 months||6% p.a.|
CIMB Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion is available from 1 October 2018 until 31 December 2018.
The campaign is valid from 1 October 2018 until 31 December 2018.
Terms & Conditions
- The minimum deposit amount must be placed in the form of fresh funds.
- The interest will be credited upon maturity of the FD account.
- The promotional rates are applicable to one cycle.
- You have to open a Preferred Current Account with CIMB Bank or Preferred Current Account-i with CIMB Islamic Bank.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds.
- The promotional rates are valid for one cycle only.
- If you open a PCA, you have to open FD account with the bank. In another case, if you have a PCA-i, you have to open a FRIA-i.
- The interest/profit will be credited to your PCA/PCA-i upon maturity of FD/FRIA-i.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed under the campaign.
Hurry and open a valid fixed deposit account to reap the benefits of these promotions. Don’t forget to note the end date of these promotional offers. Go through the fine print carefully to avoid any confusion.
Q. Who is eligible to get the benefits of the Unfixed Deposit Promotion?
A. The following groups of people are eligible to get the benefits of the promotion:
- Individuals above the age of 18 years; joint account holders and minor trust account holders are also eligible.
- Small and medium enterprises.
- Enterprise banking.
- Commercial banking customers.
Q. Can I place the deposit online?
A. You will not receive the benefits of the promotion if you place the deposit online.
Q. Is the interest paid out every month?
A. No. The interest is paid upon the maturity of the fixed deposit.
Q. How can I access the interest paid?
A. The interest will be credited to the designated current/savings account/-i maintained with CIMB Bank. Under Promotion 2, the interest/profit will be credited to your PCA/PCA-i.
Q. Can I uplift or make a partially withdraw the deposit amount before maturity under the Unfixed Deposit Promotion?
A. Yes. You can choose to partially withdraw or completely withdraw the deposit amount before maturity. In the case of a partial withdrawal, the balance in the deposit account will earn you the promotional interest rates.