Hong Leong Bank (HLB) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (HLIB) have come up with promotions on a few fixed deposit products. Get high returns on the money you deposit in an FD and FD-i account. Read through to know how the promotions work. Hurry and place your deposit within the promotion period to earn high-interest rates.
Hong Leong FD Promotion Mechanics
- Place a minimum of RM10,000 in one of the participating fixed deposit accounts.
- The participating fixed deposit accounts are Conventional FD, Priority Banking Premium FD, Senior Savers Flexi FD, and Junior FD.
- The available deposit tenures are 3, 6, and 12 months.
- Earn interest rates up to 4.20% p.a.
- The table below gives the details about the promotion:
|Deposit Tenure||Participating Products||Promotional Rate||Effective Rate|
|3 months||Conventional FD||3.90% p.a.||3.90% p.a.|
|6 months||Conventional FD/Priority Banking Premium FD/Senior Savers Flexi FD/Junior FD||4.00% p.a.||4.00% p.a.|
|12 months||4.20% p.a.||4.20% p.a.|
Hong Leong Islamic FD Promotions Mechanics
Invest a minimum amount of RM30,000 in ASNB Variable Priced Funds to get a promotional profit rate of 8.8% p.a. on your FD-i placement. The tenure for the FD-i placement is 2 months. The minimum placement amount is RM500. A sales charge of 5% is applicable.
The promotion offers you preferential rates when you place a minimum amount of RM10,000 in the Hong Leong Fixed Deposit-i Account for a period of 3, 6, or 12 months. The promotional rates you can earn on each of the tenures are compiled in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate (% p.a.)||Effective Rate (% p.a.)|
HLB FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion began on 14 July 2018 and is valid until 31 August 2018.
HLIB FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion is ongoing from 30 May 2018 until 31 July 2018.
The promotion is offered on the account of National Day celebration and is valid from 7 July 2018 to 31 August 2018.
HLB Promotion Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is applicable to new funds only.
- The amount placed in any of the participating deposit accounts is not allowed to be used as collateral to secure any credit facility.
- No interest is paid if the FD is uplifted before the completion of 3 months.
- If uplifted after completing 3 months and before the completion, you will receive half of the proposed interest for each completed month.
HLIB Promotion Terms & Conditions
- The promotional rates are applicable to new funds only.
- You have to nominate a CASA-i account maintained with Hong Leong Islamic Bank.
- Partial withdrawal of the FD is not allowed.
- FD and investment placement must be made on the same day to enjoy the promotional benefits.
- The deposit must be placed in fresh funds only.
- You cannot place an amount more than RM2 million in the FD-i Account.
- The FD-i will be auto-renewed upon maturity and the prevailing FD board rates will be applicable.
- You have to nominate a CASA-i maintained with HLIB bearing your name in order to credit the profit you earn from the FD-i.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed.
Check if you are eligible for these promotional offers and open a new FD-i account within the promotion period. Enjoy the promotional profit rates, and increase your total returns with these rates.
Q. When do I get the interest earned on my Priority Banking Premium FD?
A. For a tenure of 6 months or less, the interest will be credited upon maturity. For a tenure of 12 months, the interest will be credited to the nominated CASA on a 6-month interval.
Q. Can I present a cheque to transfer money from a different bank to place the deposit?
A. Yes. You can present a cheque from another bank to transfer the funds in order to place the deposit.
Q. Is the promotion available to non-individual customers?
A. Yes. The promotion is available to non-individual customers.
Q. Does the effective rate differ from the promotional rate mentioned?
A. No. The effective rate remains the same as the promotional rate mentioned above.
Q. What is the maximum amount I can place in an FD account?
A. You can place an amount up to RM2 million in the FD account.
Q. Can I make a partial withdrawal from my FD account?
A. You cannot make a partial withdrawal from a Conventional FD account. For Senior Savers Flexi FD, Junior FD, and Priority Banking Premium FD, partial withdrawal can be made in multiples of RM3,000 only if the account balance is RM10,000 or more.
Q. What is the maximum amount I can place in the FD-i account?
A. You can place an amount of RM2 million in the FD-i account. However, under Promotion 2, you can place up to twice the amount you have invested in the ASNB account.
Q. Can I use the FD-i placement as a collateral to obtain a credit facility?
A. No. None of the promotions mentioned above can be used as a pledge to obtain a credit facility.
Q. What are the available funds that I can invest in under ASNB?
A. The following funds can be chosen for investment under ASNB:
- ASN Equity 2.
- ASN Equity 3.
- ASN IMBANG (MIXED ASSET BALANCED) 1.
- ASN IMBANG (MIXED ASSET BALANCED) 2.
- ASN SARA (MIXED ASSET CONSERVATIVE) 1.
Q. What do new funds mean?
A. New funds can be the money credited via one of these sources:
- Interbank GIRO.
- Telegraphic Transfer.
- Local Cheque.
Q. Can I withdraw the placement before the completion of the tenure?
A. No. You are not encouraged to withdraw the placement before maturity. If you withdraw, you may not receive any profit.