On the occasion of Chinese New Year and the Spring festival, Hong Leong Bank offers a promotional offer on the fixed deposit rates. With this offer, you can get a higher interest rate on 6 months’ and 12 months’ FD.
Hong Leong Fixed Deposit Promotion
Hong Leong Bank offers a promotional rate of 4.10% p.a. with a fixed deposit of 6-months’ tenure. The minimum deposit amount specified is RM10,000. The maximum deposit amount for the offer is RM2 million.
If you choose a tenure of 12 months, you can get a promotional rate of 4.30% p.a. You must provide the details of your CASA account maintained with Hong Leong Bank, so that the interest generated by your FD account can be credited.
The FD account you open can be one among Conventional FD, Priority Banking Premium FD, Senior Savers Flexi FD or Junior FD. The interest is paid out monthly for a Senior Savers FD account, while the other types of FD accounts get the interest payout on a half-yearly basis.
Hong Leong Fixed Deposit Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion is valid from 01 January 2018 until 28 February 2018. The promotion may end if the fund sizes limit for both, 6 or 12-month tenures have been met.
Hong Leong Fixed Deposit Promotion Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions applicable to the promotion are:
- All existing and new account holders are eligible to get the perks of the promotion.
- The individual can be a Malaysian or non-Malaysian.
- The deposit amount shall not be used as a collateral for any credit facilities.
- If you withdraw the deposit amount before maturity, you shall not receive any interest. If uplifted in the fourth month, then you may receive half of the interest for the completed months on the principal deposit amount.
- The deposit amount must be new funds such as
- Cash deposited into the account
- Money transferred from other banks via telegraphic transfer, cheque, etc.
- Proceeds from sale of unit funds, bonds, equity, etc.
Hong Leong FD Promotion FAQs
Q. Is the offer restricted to individual participants?
A. No. The promotion is valid for both individual and non-individual participants.
Q. Can a bankrupt individual open the FD account?
A. No. You are not considered eligible to open the FD account if you are declared bankrupt.
Q. Can I nominate a Current Account of other banks for my FD account?
A. No. You must specify the details of your Current Account/Savings Account maintained with Hong Leong Bank. If you don’t have one with Hong Leong, you can open a new account.
Q. Does the FD account come with auto-renewal facility?
A. Yes. The FD account is auto-renewed upon maturity.
Q. Does the promotional rates apply during auto-renewal?
A. No. On auto-renewal, the prevailing FD board rates will be applicable.