Hong Leong Bank (HLB) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (HLIB) have come up with promotions on a few fixed deposit products. The promotion lets you earn high returns on the money you deposit in an eFD and eFD-i account. Read more to know how the promotions work.
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion
Make a minimum deposit of RM10,000 in an Online Fixed Deposit (eFD)/Online Fixed Deposit-i (eFD-i) for a period of 3 or 6 months. You can get a promotional rate of 4.18% p.a. for 3 months and 4.28% p.a. for 6 months. The funds must be transferred other banks via Financial Process Exchanges (FPX).
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate|
|eFD and eFD-i||RM10,000||3 months||4.18% p.a.|
|6 months||4.28% p.a.|
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion Start and End Date
The campaign is valid from 8 January 2019 until 28 February 2019.
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion Terms and Conditions
- The promotional rates are valid for one cycle only.
- The deposit can be made on the Hong Leong Connect platform between 6:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on any day of the week throughout the promotional period.
- You have to nominate a CASA/CASA-I maintained with HLB/HLIB for the interest/profit to get credited.
- The principal amount can be auto-renewed at the prevailing FD board rates upon maturity.
- You will not get any interest/profit if you make a premature withdrawal.
- The eFD/eFD-i cannot be used as collateral in order to get any credit facility.
Compare these with other promotions and use them to enjoy amazing offers and discounts.
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion FAQs
Q. Is there a maximum transfer limit while sending money via FPX?
A. Yes. There is a limit on the maximum amount you can transfer via FPX and it is RM30,000 per transaction.
Q. Does the online deposit get reflected instantly?
A. No. It may take a maximum of 2 working days for the online deposit to get reflected. The deposit commencement date is considered to be the date when all the placement procedure is completed.
Q. Am I considered a new customer if I have not maintained a Fixed Deposit Account before with HLB?
A. The bank considers you as new customer only if you have not held any products with HLB before.
Q. Can I make partial withdrawal of the sum deposited in the FD Account?
A. No. Partial withdrawal is not allowed as per the fine print of the campaign.
Q. I have a joint account maintained with the bank. Can I get the promotional benefits?
A. No. You must be an individual account holder and not a joint account holder to get the promotional benefits.