Hong Leong Bank (HLB) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (HLIB) have come up with promotions on a few fixed deposit products. The promotion lets you earn high returns on the money you deposit in an eFD and eFD-i account. Read more to know how the promotions work.
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion
Make a minimum deposit of RM10,000 in an Online Fixed Deposit (eFD)/Online Fixed Deposit-i (eFD-i) for a period of 3 or 6 months. You can get a promotional rate of 4.18% p.a. for 3 months and 4.28% p.a. for 6 months. The funds must be transferred other banks via Financial Process Exchanges (FPX).
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate|
|eFD and eFD-i||RM10,000||3 months||4.18% p.a.|
|6 months||4.28% p.a.|
Hong Leong Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion Start and End Date
The campaign is valid from 8 January 2019 until 28 February 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- The promotional rates are valid for one cycle only.
- The deposit can be made on the Hong Leong Connect platform between 6:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on any day of the week throughout the promotional period.
- You have to nominate a CASA/CASA-I maintained with HLB/HLIB for the interest/profit to get credited.
- The principal amount can be auto-renewed at the prevailing FD board rates upon maturity.
- You will not get any interest/profit if you make a premature withdrawal.
- The eFD/eFD-i cannot be used as collateral in order to get any credit facility.
Compare these with other promotions and use them to enjoy amazing offers and discounts.
Q. Is there a maximum transfer limit while sending money via FPX?
A. Yes. There is a limit on the maximum amount you can transfer via FPX and it is RM30,000 per transaction.
Q. Does the online deposit get reflected instantly?
A. No. It may take a maximum of 2 working days for the online deposit to get reflected. The deposit commencement date is considered to be the date when all the placement procedure is completed.
Q. Am I considered a new customer if I have not maintained a Fixed Deposit Account before with HLB?
A. The bank considers you as new customer only if you have not held any products with HLB before.
Q. Can I make partial withdrawal of the sum deposited in the FD Account?
A. No. Partial withdrawal is not allowed as per the fine print of the campaign.
Q. I have a joint account maintained with the bank. Can I get the promotional benefits?
A. No. You must be an individual account holder and not a joint account holder to get the promotional benefits.