Get the preferential Term Deposit-i (TD-i) rates when you open an HSBC Advance Account. Enjoy the Advance Account privileges and higher interest rates on TD-i simultaneously when you subscribe to the promotion.
HSBC Bank FD Promotion Mechanics
A minimum deposit of RM5,000 has to be placed for a tenure of 3 months to earn a preferential rate of 5% p.a. As part of the promotion mechanics, apply for an HSBC credit card on the day of placing the TD-i. Also, sign-up for Personal Internet Banking on the same day.
FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotional benefits are available from 1 January 2018 until 30 June 2018.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- The maximum deposit placement is RM30,000 per HSBC Advance relationship.
- TD-i must be placed in fresh funds only.
- The deposit must be made in a single transaction.
- If your age is below 21 years, then you don’t have to apply for HSBC credit card.
- In case of joint HSBC Advance Account, all the joint account holders must have an HSBC credit card and everyone must sign-up for Personal Internet Banking.
- TD-i placement must be made at the bank’s branch only.
Q. Is the promotion available to existing HSBC customers?
A. Yes. The promotion is available to existing HSBC customers only if they upgrade to Advance Account with the bank.
Q. Can I open a joint HSBC Advance Account? Is it eligible for the promotion?
A. Yes. You can have a joint HSBC Advance account. However, all the joint account holders must be new to HSBC Advance. Otherwise, you won’t qualify for the promotion.
Q. What does fresh fund mean?
A. Fresh fund means money that has come from a source other than HSBC Bank or HSBC Amanah Bank. The money must not have been credited to your HSBC/HSBC Amanah account more than 7 working days ago.
Q. I have an HSBC credit card. Should I apply for a card again?
A. As long as your credit card is in good standing with the bank, active and valid your card remains eligible for the promotion. So, you don’t have to apply for a new card.
Q. Does all the credit card applications get approved during the campaign?
A. The credit card applications made during the campaign are subject to approval based on the bank’s evaluation and cardholder agreement. However, the preferential TD-i rates are applicable irrespective of the card approval.