Maybank eFixed Deposit (eFD)/eIslamic Fixed Deposit-i (eIFD-i) offers you a hassle-free way to open a fixed deposit account online. In addition, you get high interest rates up to 3.85% on your deposit.
Maybank eFixed Deposit/eIslamic Fixed Deposit-i Promotion
When you place a deposit amount of RM5,000 or more, you can get the promotional rates as given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate (% p.a.)|
The actual FD board rates for these tenures are 3.30% p.a. The rates mentioned above is applicable on both Conventional and Islamic online fixed deposit accounts.
Maybank Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion began on 26 February 2018 and ends on 26 March 2018.
Maybank FD Promotion Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply for the promotion:
- Interest/Profit will be earned only upon maturity.
- Upon maturity, the fixed deposit will be auto-renewed at the prevailing FD board rates.
- You have to maintain a savings or a current account with Maybank.
- The promotion is applicable only when you open the eFD/eIFD-i via:
- Maybank2u website
- Maybank2u mobile application
- You cannot debit or credit the funds from imteen-i account.
- You cannot get the promotion benefits if you open a IFD-i for kids.
- The customers who can open an eFD/eIFD-i must be:
- Joint account depositors
- Sole-proprietorship depositors
- You have to bear the taxes applicable on the product.
Q. Can I alter an existing eFD to get the promotional benefits?
A. No. You cannot make any changes to an existing eFD account in order to receive the promotional benefits.
Q. Can I get the promotional rates on any tenure between 1 and 12 months?
A. No. The promotional rates are applicable on 7 and 9 months’ tenure only.
Q. Is there a possibility for the bank to change the promotional rates?
A. Yes. If there is a change in the overnight policy rate, the promotional rates may vary accordingly.
Q. If there is a change in the rates after I place the deposit, does it alter the interest I earn?
A. No. If you place the deposit and then the rates change, then the latest rates are applicable only on the new deposits placed thereafter. You still get the interest as per the rates specified during the time of opening your deposit account.
Q. What is the mode of interest payment?
A. You can choose one of the two ways in which you can get your interest:
- The interest can be credited to your Maybank Savings or Current Account.
- The interest can be added to the principal of the fixed deposit account.