Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i is a Shariah compliant term deposit that offers attractive returns. This product is based on the Shariah contract of commodity Murabahah.
Features and Benefits of Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i
Following are the various features and benefits of Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i:
- The initial minimum deposit required for 1 month is RM5,000. The initial minimum deposit requirement for 2 months and above is RM1,000.
- Tenure offered for the deposit is 1 – 60 months.
- You can choose if you want the profits to be paid on a monthly basis, half-yearly basis, or at maturity.
- You get a higher profit rate when compared to a normal savings account.
- The deposit will be accepted as a collateral.
- You get free personal accident takaful coverage along with medical and funeral expenses.
- If you withdraw the deposit within 3 months, you will not get any profits. If you withdraw the deposit after 3 months, you will get 50% of the total profit.
Profit Rates of Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i
|1 – 2 months||3.05%|
|3 – 5 months||3.10%|
|6 – 11 months||3.15%|
|12 – 36 months||3.20%|
Fees and Charges
The following are the eligibility criteria that has to be met to open a Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i account:
- You must be 18 years and above.
- Maximum of 4 joint account holders can apply.
- Trustees, professionals, foreigners, Government and Corporate Funds, associations, societies, clubs, organisations, and business enterprises can open Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i.
How to apply for Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i?
If you wish to open a Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i, you can visit any of the closest Maybank Branch and take an application form, fill it up and submit it. You can also apply for Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit-i online via Maybank2u.
When you are submitting your application form, you must submit the following documents:
- Valid passport along with other documentary evidence for foreigners.
- Malaysians must submit their valid MyKad.