Maybank Prosperous Now! Account-i (PNA-i), formerly known as Profit Now! Account-i, is a Shariah-compliant fixed deposit product. The maximum tenure you can deposit your money with PNA-i is 12 months.
Maybank Prosperous Now Account-i Profit Rates 2019
The interest rates applicable are given below:
|Deposit Tenure (months)||Profit Rates (% p.a.)|
Note: The profit rates are given according to the rates effective from 29 January 2018.
Benefits of Maybank Prosperous Now! Account-i
The features and benefits of PNA-i are:
- The profit you earn over the deposit will be credited to your PNA-i as soon as you open the account.
- The deposit tenure can be between 1 and 12 months.
- The minimum deposit amount you can deposit is RM10,000.
- You can get a personal accident takaful coverage plan when you open PNA-i.
- PNA-i provides higher interest as compared to Savings Account-i.
- PNA-i can be used as a collateral to borrow finances.
The eligibility criteria to open the account with Maybank are as follows:
Type of Applicant:
- Joint account holders, up to 4 members
- Business enterprise
- Government and corporate funds
- Age criterion for Individuals: 18 years or above
You have to submit the following documents along with the filled application form to open a PNA-i:
- Malaysian citizens: A copy of MyKad/NRIC
- Valid Passport
- Other documents that support your visit to Malaysia like work permit/employment pass
Fees and Charges
If your PNA-i certificate is lost or stolen, you have to pay a stamping fee of RM15 for the indemnity letter. No other fees and charges are mentioned by the bank.
How to Open a Maybank Prosperous Now! Account-i
The PNA-i can be opened by one of the following means:
- You can visit the nearest Maybank/Maybank Islamic branch and submit the duly filled application form.
- You can also log on to the bank’s website and then open PNA-i online.
You can reach the bank staff by calling the following numbers:
Q. Can I deposit any amount with PNA-i?
A. The minimum deposit is specified to be RM10,000. If you want to deposit a higher amount, you need to remember that the increment must be a multiple of RM1,000.
Q. Can I convert my Islamic Fixed Deposit-i to PNA-i?
A. No. You cannot get your Islamic Fixed Deposit-i converted into PNA-i. All you can do is to withdraw the Islamic deposit and then open a PNA-i.
Q. Which Shariah principle is applied to this product?
A. PNA-i works according to the Commodity Murabahah principle.
Q. I have multiple PNA-i with Maybank. Can I claim multiple personal accident takaful coverages?
A. Yes. If you have multiple PNA-i, then you can make more than one claim. This is applicable only when you are the primary account holder for all these accounts. However, the total amount you can claim is RM10,000.
Q. What is the total coverage provided by the takaful plan?
A. The total coverage provided by the takaful plan is RM10,000.